All teen and kid member reviews for Peppa Pig

Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 17, 2012

LAME!!!!!!!!!

i hate everything about this show
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2013

Peppa Pig

Peppa Pig was created by the creators of Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom and the animation is simple and enjoyable. Indeed, Peppa does have a demanding personality occasionally, however,nontheless does the series deserve a thumbs up for positiveness.
Kid, 9 years old October 3, 2012

TV: Fine DVD: A bit worse...

Consumer Advice:Suitable for all Rating:U My 2 year old sis loves this. Not very educational: In fact the opposite really. Anything positive said is not clear and I don't hear anything like that much. They aren't positive role models particularly, but you might disagree: so what. No violence whatsoever, well, depending on what episode you're watching. No sex at all or sexual violence at all. There have not been any signs of this. Equally, I have not heard any bad language as of yet.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 7, 2013

Not good.

I do not like this thing. Peppa is one of the CRAPPIEST role-models ever. Kids wil complain all day and be rude to their brothers if they copy Peppa. Terrible show, terrible. Don't watch this.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymario is really awes December 1, 2012

This show rocks

This show rocks
Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2015

Not entirely 'realistic'

When people are about 4 years old and are starting a 15-20 year trip through school, this show tells them what? That your school friends are pigs, sheep, dogs etc. It gives them exactly the wrong ideas. No warning about bullies. But great script and messages.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybakeranimator March 3, 2015

This Pig Outdoes 'Max and Ruby' by a Landslide

My little siblings started watching this show recently, and I thought I's give my opinion on it. If you read my reviews, you've probably seen a pattern that I can be highly critical towards shows regardless of demographic, and that I tend to despise many preschool animated programs not because they are outside of my interest, but because they are of such poor quality, this show on the other hand is a prime example of what a preschool program SHOULD be like. I noticed in Commonsense's review that they mentioned "This show is similar to 'Max and Ruby', but there are parents around to correct children's mistakes", and I completely agree! This show is sort of similar to "Max and Ruby', complete with condescending older sister and barely speaking little brother, but do you know why I believe this show is superior to 'Max and Ruby'? Well, let's just compare the two shows! Peppa Pig episodes are never formulaic, Max and Ruby is overtly formulaic to the point where it's grating. Peppa Pig has decent voice acting, Max and Ruby has voice acting that ranges from mediocre, to horrible. Peppa Pig episodes, despite their short run-time, have appropriate pacing and never beat around the bush, Max and Ruby, despite a longer run-time has pacing that is too slow, and is usually loaded with filler content. Peppa Pig uses the computer-animation to its advantage by using to have a unique art style, Max and Ruby uses computer animation to be lazy in its animation style. Honestly, I could go on all day, but I'm getting side-tracked. Any way, there are a few things you need to understand about this show. First of all, this show follows the logic OF A CHILD. What I mean by that is that it's like a child wrote their own story, and added pictures to go along with it, so if some things don't add up, it's just because the writers are thinking like children (by the way, this works both to the shows favor, and against the show, but I'll get to that later.) Second of all, yes, I realize that Peppa has a bit of a condescending tone, but that is simply how she talks. Also, if she ever messes up do to her supposed bossiness, she is properly corrected by adults, or fixes her mistake on her own. For example, in one episode, Peppa is a bit bossy to her younger brother, which causes him to cry. Peppa quickly realizes she made a mistake, and does what she can to make her brother feel better, in this instance, it's giving him the cookie he wanted, but she wouldn't let him have. So yeah, this is an excellent show for preschoolers, however it isn't perfect. This is a show that sort of needs to learn how to up play its strengths, and downplay its weaknesses. Sometimes, this show will pass up great opportunities to teach rather mature morals (by preschool show standards.) Take a look at the episode "Chloe's Puppet Show". In the episode, Peppa overhears her father saying rude things about his brother on the way to his house. When they get there, Peppa and her cousin put on a puppet show that displays a puppet resembling said uncle, making him do the things Peppa overheard her father talking about (i.e. eating too much, napping obnoxiously.) However, before the uncle and the father can see this mockery, both of them falls asleep, and the episode ends. Do you see the problem? This episode passed up a great opportunity to teach a lesson to children AND adults. Peppa could have learned to not say rude things about people, while more importantly, Peppa's father could have learned to not speak rudely of people, especially family, in their absence or presence. Instead, the episode just ends on a joke, how disappointing. In all, despite having a few wasted opportunities, Peppa Pig is still an excellent show for preschoolers that I highly recommend.
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2014

Horrible

Really annoying, only for little kids.
Kid, 10 years old April 8, 2014
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2014

The best thing that has ever happened to this world

One of my favourite TV shows. I have a three year old sister and she watches these shows and I'm just sitting there like OMG this is flipping fantastic amazing!!! Yeah I love peppa and Sofia the first and things like that admit it they're FANTASTIC peppa and her friends and family are hilarious I love this show if modern family (my other favourite show) and peppa pig are on at the same time I'm like hmm NO BRAINER PEPPA PIG so yeah I love it WATCH!!! I think tweens might actually love it more than little kids because they will understand the jokes more (they're not dirty it's just funnier) and George is flipping hilarious waaaaatch!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Cool

Cool
Teen, 14 years old Written byleahcar July 24, 2013

Charming, cute, great for the little ones

Peppa Pig is a British preschool cartoon focusing on the everyday life of a young pig girl called Peppa, living with her family and attending playgroup. In Britain (Peppa's home country), Peppa Pig is a massive success with tons of merchandise. Peppa lives in a world where everyone is an animal, who all have vocal tics of making their respective noise (e.g. Peppa snorts). This show doesn't feature any 'breaking the fourth wall' activities, nor does its plots rely on any formula (although every episode ends with all the characters laughing). The fact that it focuses solely on the life of Peppa makes the show a sweet, innovative idea. There are also funny characters, such as Mr Potato and Peppa's father. Peppa may be a bit bossy from time to time, but she is generally a good role model for kids. She may be a pig, but many of the experiences she goes through kids can relate to also. This is a rare example of a preschool-oriented show with the purpose to entertain rather than educate. Occasionally, there is educational value to this show, for example, one episode is all about counting. If you have young children, you should definitely consider giving them a try with this.
Teen, 17 years old Written by012345678900000 December 20, 2012

Peppa Pig rocks!

Cool show!
Kid, 7 years old July 8, 2012

hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watch it. I like the funny stuff like when Gorge says peeghetti. It is hilarious.
Kid, 3 years old May 9, 2012

Sweet kid's characters!

My son loves this show. It is a sweet show with a cute sense of humor...absolutely love this show!
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2016

A little sassy, but entertaining

Well this is one of a few not life scarring kids shows. It's actually quite entertaining, but they make remarks implying that the dad is fat, not something for little kids.
Kid, 7 years old May 24, 2015

Jazzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peppa Pig was the best kids show on Nick Jr I have ever seen! It was better than Peter Rabbit and Bubble Guppies!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCallie00 April 11, 2015

A Good Children's TV Show

Peppa Pig is a good children's TV show, IMO. My 2 year old brother and 6 year old sister likes watching this. PP has good messages and role models. It's entertaining for kids age 6 and under. The farting and snorting can be old, but it is for little kids and toddlers so yeah. As for consumerism, there are quite a few computer games, but that's it.
Kid, 8 years old August 26, 2012

i luv

lol i luv it
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2014
LEARNING

Things you should know about Peppa Pig.

Peppa Pig is OK, it is aimed for kids ages 2-7, I say it is good. But I rated it 4+ because it teaches some bad habits such as when George doesn't like something he goes, "Yuck!" in a stubborn tone and when Peppa occasionally has a mischievous grin on her face when George cries.