Duo's over-the-top schemes are fun for kids.

Educator and Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMrs. W April 1, 2010
What I like best is the good-heartedness of Phineas and Ferb. When confronted with a trash-talking pair of would-be competitors, they are gracious and kind. And I like how the over-the-top behavior of Candace around and about Jeremy can be a cautionary tale for girls learning how to be around boys - and how NOT to be around boys - when puberty hits and the tectonic plates of their lives shift. And the boys and their sister really love their Mom and say so (in one episode); as a mom I cannot resist that. Watch this show with your kids - you will be repaid for your time.
Adult Written byKP7 April 9, 2008

Our whole family loves this show!!!

This is one of the funniest shows ever! There are catchy songs, great plots and really funny characters. There is humor for both kids and adults. Granted, our kids get the humor just as much as we do. It's just plain funny. It's the type of show you can watch it over and over and it just gets funnier. There are little things you catch each time. When the t.v. is on, it's usually on Phineas and Ferb. Great show!!!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byBruceInCola August 8, 2010

Great for raising an insulting smart mouth

Only speaking as a parent of a 5 yr old, I can say that if my kids start using language like they hear on this show (and they will), there will be trouble. I turned this on specifically because it was recommended by CSM, but one of the first things I heard was "shut up, you moron". I guess if you want to raise a smart mouth right off the bat (until waiting until the prime teen years for that to kick in naturally :) ), this would be a great primer. I will be looking for other shows that don't have this language at least until she is a little older.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bykimincolorado March 27, 2010

Great show, smart and fun!

I am a very picky mom when it comes to TV programming, because my kids imitate everything they see. We don't watch Spongebob or even old Charlie Brown shows because of how they act afterwards. With that said, I LOVE Phineas and Ferb! I think this show is so funny (even for me, super witty and clever), encourages creativity and celebrates intelligence. My kids love it and get great ideas from it. My son keeps telling me he wants to build an anti-gravity machine.
Parent Written bycityy January 12, 2012

Educational TV rant.

This is honestly one of the only shows I'm okay with letting my 4-year-old daughter watch. She loves it and so does the rest of my family. I think it's ridiculous that parents don't like it because they use "inappropriate language/behavior" and it "isn't educational at all". So what? My daughter has been watching it for a year now and I've never once had a problem with her language/behavior because of it. I've raised her well enough to know better than to copy everything she sees/hears on TV. She knows what's right and wrong. And it isn't educational? Why does EVERYTHING have to be educational these days? What ever happened to just being a kid? Lighten up. Phineas and Ferb might not teach your child how read or count or speak Spanish (that's your job as a parent anyway, not the televisions) but at least it teaches them to use their imagination and have fun. Most of the educational shows these days creep me right out with all of their blank stares into the TV and their baby voices (shouldn't they be teaching them to at least talk normal?) and not to mention, the things they "teach" your kids are usually completely pointless, like the one I saw the other day that wasn't doing anything but naming off literally every single part of an airplane. Or the one that spent the entire half hour explaining how to eat spaghetti like they're totally incompetent. So educational. Kids definitely couldn't live without such useless crap filling up their brains, right?
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAustin mom of one July 12, 2010

Waiting for 5+ and maybe a little later.

It is a fun show only. No educational value what so ever. She only gets to watch it every now and then and I try to watch too as to point out behaviors or words I don't like. They say the word stupid so that was an issue in our house for a while. We have pretty much tured this show off until she is a little older to understand not to mimic the behaviors she sees.
Parent of a 4 and 10 year old Written byoundlemum February 18, 2011

The ONLY show my 4- and 10-year-old both watch - and LOVE

This is the only show my precocious 4- (boy) and 10-year-old (girl) kids can both agree on. The tunes are catchy, and the pop-culture references are subtle enough so the kids aren't missing anything and parents can be quietly amused. I keep separate playlists on my iPod and several of the P&F tunes are on both kids' list...and mine! The only downer for me is the boy-craziness of the two main female characters Isabella (who's hopelessly in love with Phineas) and teen sister Candace who is beyond paranoid about her teenaged boyfriend. Their saving grace is that Isabella is incredibly capable in her own right (and capable of meeting any outlandish requests made by the boys - though why she's always serving their needs is beyond me - I heard rumor they're thinking of giving the Fireside Girls their own who). Also, the show makes it clear that Candace's paranoia about Jeremy is ridiculous (lest any tweener think it's desirable behavior!) and she does go on more than her own share of death-defying adventures (always winning the lovable Jeremy's admiration, despite her own insecurities). Last, Jeremy is a boyfriend and parent of a teenager would be happy to have their daughter date, so it has that going for it as well.
Parent Written byAdmonitioGeneralis September 6, 2011

Smart, well-written show that adults enjoy as much as kids

Phineas & Ferb is a bright spot in children's entertainment programming today. The writing is smart, with plenty of knowing winks to adults along the way to keep interest way up; I don't know who likes it more, me or my children! Any kid's show that can make a running gag of the phrase "I hear there's a new version of Jane Eyre in the offing" gets my undying love. That said, I need to issue a correction re: CaptFantasy's review. During the Mary McGuffin episode, Doofenshmirtz calls the maker of the (supposedly) upside-down On-Off switch a "Dummkopf"--German for "dumb-head" (or, simply, "dummy"). The joke is that HE is the one who has mounted the switch upside down, and that realization dawns on him even as he is saying the words. Please do not blame the writers or warn parents against something merely because you failed to understand it. Thankfully, the writers never went anywhere near Adam Corolla's neologism. Summary: smart writing, clever literary/high art/pop culture references, great chuckle-inducing multi-culti representations (Mrs. Garcia-Shapiro at the Mexican-Jewish cultural festival, anyone?), gentle satire. Phineas & Ferb is a rare treat.
Adult Written byFerbFan216 February 10, 2011

Excellent! The violence is more Tom and Jerry-ish, but normal Watch it! Watch it! Watch it!
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bySarj February 2, 2011

Great for a family sit-down show. Enjoy it together!

Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byBostondaddy March 10, 2011

This show saves you from the pain of others.

I have absolutely no opposition to this show what so ever. In fact this show is what saved me from the many other painful shows my daughter may pick from during TV time. It's super cute, and really funny.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byRadDadRich August 1, 2010

I Know What We're Going To Do Today! Watch 'Phineas and Ferb'!

I'm proud to say that the entire family loves this show! There is always a positive message without being heavy handed. The characters are fresh and inventive. And the stories, while being very formulaic, always surprise you.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byHalBoyMom July 11, 2010

Not sure I like the attitudes

Seems to be an enormous lack of respect going on...
Adult Written by***cpuerror*** October 22, 2011

Nice layout!

I absolutely love this series. the characters are funny, and are also mixed up and have different personalities. i also love how the 2 plots of P&F and dr. doof and perry the platypus get together at the end so that dr. doof's broken contraption takes away the boys invention, leving the boys untroubled and candace befuddled. i wish the star rating went up to 1 trillion, beacause this show deserves 1 trillion!
Parent Written byGirlsmom39 June 23, 2011

Poor language

Surprised that a tv-G show would use the word "sucks". Not for my kids! Girls 9, 7, and 3
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written bylyonesse July 30, 2010

Can be enjoyed by anyone of any age

I think this is a really clever show. The storytelling is good, the music is great, with clever lyrics, the messages are all very positive and the characters are highly engaging. I can't say enough good things about this show compared to so much other kid fodder. I am a real fan of this show.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byhmj April 17, 2011

Great parent and kid show

Absolutely hysterical
Parent of a 7 year old Written bycommon sense parent March 20, 2011

Not for kids, tweens

I dont get this. I would be horrified if my kids started mimicking the language heard on this show. The characters, especially Candace, are obnoxious and unlikeable. My daighter said, "Its OK mom, she never gets her way". Well, maybe not, but there are better ways to model that in my view. The show and its shrill banter gave me a colossal headache.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byhas62372 November 25, 2010

Love this show!!!

I love this show...It gives kids an example that they can still use their imagination!!!
Parent of a 2, 6, 7, and 9 year old Written byBusyBeeMom May 20, 2010

Awesome family-friendly show

This is a fun show that the whole family will love to watch! The humor is clever and fun for the adults and the crazy storylines engage the children. Not educational, but a very fun show that parents can let their kids watch without being afraid of objectional content.