All teen and kid member reviews for Phineas and Ferb

Teen, 13 years old Written byGdextor December 28, 2011

COMMONS SENSE MEDIA HAD NO COMMON SENSE

Phineas and Ferb is a very educational TV show because it makes children wake up in the morning and do stuff other than being lazy. It shows children how much fun it can be building things and being adventurous. It is inspiring. Dear Everyone, If you agree with me CLICK on ''had useful details'
Teen, 15 years old Written byKaleigh:) March 6, 2012

From a 15 Year Old's Perspective

I'm 15 years old--so I know NOTHING about raising a kid. But, I live in a Christian family and there's few shows we watch on TV because they don't dress right, talk right, etc. So, what's on our list of what we CAN watch? Phineas and Ferb! This is my VERY favorite show!! Spongebob used to be my favorite, but not anymore! :) I think Phineas and Ferb is a good show for kids. They don't use bad words. The worst they use is "stupid" and "moron" . Those were very bad words when I was a kid, so for parents I can see why people say it's inappropriate. Phineas and Ferb are imaginative, creative kids that don't want to spend their summer inside watching TV. They build crazy projects by hand--not by magic or anything like that. They are smart, and have smart friends. They don't call people "dumb" or they don't make fun of them if they have a bad idea. Reading the posts, I can see that parents have problems with Candace. She's a boy-crazy teenager who is obsessed with Jeremy (her boyfriend later in the show)--when she's not obsessing over busting Phineas and Ferb. She tries to "bust" Phineas and Ferb for their inventions they build. Their dad sees them sometimes, but their mom never does. Candace thinks they'd get in big trouble for building it all, but they're not doing anything wrong (they wear helmets and sign paperwork--I find that funny since they're kids). :) Like most shows, the parents aren't usually around. But, they aren't completely absent. It's in the middle of the summer, so their mother's running errands and their dad owns an antique shop, so he's always gone working, it seems. There are plenty of times when it shows them sitting at the table eating together...and there are quite a few episodes where they're out shopping or traveling together. The parents aren't necessarily clueless--the mom never sees the experiments because they "logically" disappear. Most the time they vanish because of the "evil" Doctor Doofenshmirtz. I love every single one of their songs...a lot of them are on my iPod. The songs are positive and aren't questionable, and not to mention funny! I've listed Phineas and Ferb as educational because I've learned a few things from them. Now, they don't teach Spanish or math, but there are little things here and there that you learn!! I hope I've helped everybody out there...this is coming from a 15 year old's perspective...I doubt that makes any difference, but I didn't think it would hurt to share my opinion. :) (Now, it says I said it's for age five, but that means it's good for 5 year olds and UP. It's not just a kid's show! I'm addicted!!)
Kid, 11 years old May 4, 2015

A TV Show with POSITIVE MESSAGES, ROLE MODELS, and EDUCATIONAL VALUE!!!

I totally disagree with common sense media about positive messages, role models, and educational value! It inspires us to be creative and to not be lazy! Yes, I do agree that the parents are absent a lot and that Candace is a nemesis to them but still! I would give it at least 3 bars! Also, Phineas and Ferb sometimes help Candace even though she is a nemesis to them! Click Read My Mind if you agree with that! I would also like to say that the show sometimes uses words a normal 5 year old shouldn't know like shut up. Also, there is one episode named "Act Your Age" which may be Iffy for 5 year olds. That is my reason of why it should be 8 or 9 years and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycandycat123 August 16, 2011

The best!!

I love this show so much!!!! It's funny, creative, and phineas and ferb are very good role models for kids. This is the only show I watch on Disney channel. The songs are very catchy and fun to sing along with! This shows good for the whole family!!
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2010
I love the show! I think is perfect for any age. The boys are great role models of optimism, persistence... The boys are educated, smart, creative and most of all... FUN! The show has catchy songs with cute lyrics, funny and smart jokes that little kids will understand and grown ups will find funny too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLucan1010 July 9, 2015

Excellent Cartoon Appropriate and Entertaining for the Whole Family

Violence: Occasional comic mischief and mild peril, however none is scary or violent, and no one is ever injured or seriously hurt. Language: Infrequent mild name calling such as "stupid" or "loser" but all characters are very close and even enemies will often help each other out. On episode has three usages of "dang" but coming from a guy who is offended by language that's not bad at all. Sex: Mild flirting and dating, promotes long-term relationships. Drugs: None. If you are looking for a show for the whole family, look no further, Phineas and Ferb has got you covered.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylissystar98 June 23, 2015

Made my childhood memorable

I was nine when this show came out and I remember watching it with my siblings every single day after school. Not only are the characters memorable, hilarious, and very well developed, but the stories the writers come up with are so creative. There's never a dull moment in P and F with catchy songs that stick with you forever and incredible animation that brings out everything you want in a great cartoon. I highly recommend this show and will definitely be showing it to my kids some day!
Kid, 10 years old June 5, 2011

I like this show.

This show is amazing! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byOneCrazyCartoon May 7, 2013

Phineas and Ferb & Why Some Don't Like It

"Phineas and Ferb" is just one of the offerings television is airing to us right at the moment. And..... it's good. From other reviews, I can understand some people's reactions to the out of place language, violence and its lack of educational value. But, we need to realize one thing about modern TV shows. It's entertainment. Its sole purpose it to entertain us. I can see how people don't approve of elements like the language and violence but we, as a culture, have accepted that as entertainment. If you don't approve of it, that's completely fine. But from my point of view, I can find a few hidden glimpses of pure, good messages that are in the show. First off, the main character is one. Phineas is a bright, young boy who is very creative and optimistic. That's a sure fire role model for some parents. Isabella also shows good leadership skills and doesn't give up very easily when a challenge comes her and the Fireside Girls' way. Even their pet Perry shows respect towards his superiors (sometimes sarcastically) and does the right thing for justice. Secondly, there are a few episodes that end with a moral or lesson (Examples: Last Train To Bustville/Determination Across The 2nd Dimension: Friendship, keeping secrets) Though there aren't many, I like to keep in mind that this show is not all against morals. I watch this show a lot, even though I am a teenager. I find the characters diverse, the plot very original and casting spot on. The humor is funny and well thought out (my perspective; not yours) and the running gags don't die within a few episodes. To summarize, I find this show very appealing as entertainment. Compared to other cartoons like Adventure Time and SpongeBob, this is definitely the most family friendly. But for kids who don't understand how some of its jokes and language are inappropriate, I wouldn't recommend watching it until they are able to or about age 9. I hope you have the same thoughts.
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2010

A Great Show Constructed New and Creatively

Honestly, this is my favorite show ever! The message is clear and positive: you can do anything if you set your mind to it. For example, Phineas and Ferb always have an idea, and within about an hour or two, they make it happen. Also, another message is to be careful what you wish for. For example, Candace always wants to "bust" Phineas and Ferb by showing their parents Phineas and Ferb's impossible ideas. But the two times she actually has busted Phineas and Ferb, (once in a dream) Candace was sad and miserable. She regretted showing this to her parents. Phineas and Ferb are excellent role models because they make the impossible happen with creativity and a little imagination. I have no concerns regarding this show. This is what I think about the show Phineas and Ferb.
Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2010

Worst show in the galaxy!

I personally hate the show. All of my friends watch it, so I went to check it out. It turns out not only the show stinks, but all of disney channel stinks! I think the characters are disturbing. The older sister's hair is only at the back of her head! kinda gross. Also, who has a pet platapus? Aren't they poisonous? Aren't the illegal. I think sesemea street is WAY better. DONT WATCH DISNEY! BAD ACTING, BAD GRAPHICS, BAD SHOWS!
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2013

It is absolutely appropriate

This show is one of the MOST appropriate shows I've seen in the past 5 years on Disney, Since the only Sexual-RELATED, content, is The Mild character relationships. Phine-bella: Just a pre-pubescent, 9-10 year old girl crushing on her Good childhood friend, nothing I Never did. Ferb-essa: Only apears in a few episodes, but is more of a presence-friendship type of thing. Cand-eremy: Come on, They are 16, they can Date if they want, it's healthy. They almost never use obnoxious Language, like butt, fart, etc. It is disguised with stuff like, posterior. It has some dangerous behaviour, but it is not-suggestive. If I Had kids, (and wasn't still one) I Would encourage types of shows like this, as I have learned a fair bit on everything from astronomy to robotics.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2011

Lame

hate it. the older sister does'nt seem 2 have a reason to "bust" her brothers, unless isabella is diagnosed with bipolarism, she is way 2 young 2 have a crush on phineas. that scientist dude is stupid and not my idea of evil. that platypus is wasting his precious time with him. overall, its the lamest show ever where the same thing happens over and over. the only thing i like is that it encuragers creativity.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2010

Full of dumb humor (if you can even say it has humor), bad voicing, and immaturity. Not for anyone over 6.

The dumbest show ever. Pretty good for 6 and under, but only 6 and under. It's (okay, I'll admit it) kind of funny, but only sometimes. It's way too childish and immature for anyone over the age of 6, and the humor is totally stupid. On for 6-; off for 7+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZackDaMan March 20, 2015

A show to enjoy with your family.

Nothing much parents should be concerned about here. Some cartoonish violence and slapstick. Characters have crushes. On very rare occasions, usally only during one-hour special episodes, characters kiss. Some name calling. No in-show product placement but Disney produces many Phineas and Ferb toys, books, DVDs, plushies, and some theme park attractions. While the show itself is nothing for parents to fear, some of the halloween specials could scare children a little. Overall, Phineas and Ferb is a great show for all ages. Yes, even anti-social rebellious teenagers.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCool_Reviews February 1, 2014

As repetive as it is, it's a really good show.

Phineas and Ferb is a pretty funny show. I also like the characters and the animation. It's also fun to watch. It's #7 on my best shows list.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycheacky3 May 31, 2009

This is a pretty good show

This is not that bad. Except one little problem. YOU MADE A MISTAKE!!!!! I mean really 5+, and you made cyberchase 6+. Cyberchase should be 4 or 5+. But phineas and ferb should be 6+. Phineas and ferb has some violence and it's on disney. But cyberchase is educational and is on PBS kids. Have some common sense, commonsense media.
Kid, 10 years old March 27, 2011

Girl power

candace is the only reason you should watch this rubish
Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2016

Great.

I wish I lived in a world where summer lasted 8 years. P&if has the catchiest jingles and phrases. "Whatcha doing" is my favorite. Pencil Nose (Phineas) and Eraser Nose (Ferb) are fun creative funny talented tolerant and determined children.
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2016

If you think its good for your kids

I think it's a amazing show I have loved sense I was little and I still watch and I'm a lot older now and my cousin who's 3 loves the show but his dogs chewed up his perry the platypus stuffed animal.