Parent reviews for Pit Boss

So-so reality show blends entertainment and dog rescue.

Adult Written bypeludo February 18, 2012

Okay entertainment, but poor role models

I love all animals; Pit Bulls, and Alligators included. I guess, for a reality show, it may be okay; but, what type of audience likes reality shows? When I first started watching this show, I was entertained; now, I'm appalled. It seems that Shorty has an Ego problem: come help with rescue; other plans, or not. When something goes wrong, _____ *ucke'd up! Never, I was asking too much of them at the time. The staff I liked best were Ashley, Sebastian, and Ronald; the latter two are both gone, I wonder why?? The only positive message I see is the endless desire to rescue these dogs, and the fact that height is not an issue. Sometimes, it is too much unlike reality.
Pit Bulls are far from dangerous, when allowed to be a
Pit Bull naturally; nonetheless, too many are exploited for fighting, and those dogs are too dangerous to be a family pet.

Adult Written byhc8798 March 19, 2011

Stay away!

Lesbian little people and hard partying cast members. All rolled up into a show that tries to come off as if it's all about promoting animal welfare when in fact, it is simply promoting a leftist agenda.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byMrs mary September 5, 2010
I Love this show only one thing Shorty is meaner than his pit bulls. I lve pibulls and respect them too. Our house was broken into and the robber had a gun pointed at me . Our pitbull saved my life by biting the robbers hand that had the gun. I could have been killen but my gardien pit saved my life. These dogs are best for adults and older kids.

Adult Written byHollyweird99 July 17, 2010

Come on people, this is not real

This show is 100% staged Shorty owned these dogs before this show was even created. He tried to pitch different ideas for shows before, this was the one that got picked up. If people really saw how staged this is they would be shocked. It's not about DOG RESUCE it's about shorty making money. Just because they call it reality TV dosen't make it real people!!!

Adult Written byRubystars February 24, 2010

I enjoy watching it

The main thing I didn't agree with was portraying the lesbian relationship as normal and acceptable. I felt sad for Ashley's mom who was trying to keep a good relationship with her daughter but really didn't feel comfortable with her daughter's lesbian relationship.

The rest of the series is pretty cool though. I don't know if I 100% agree that pit bulls aren't dangerous (some are deliberately bred to be more aggressive by bad people), but I do think that Shorty's work at rescuing adoptable dogs is really wonderful.

I enjoy watching shows with little people because I find it interesting to know more about them and what their lives are like day-to-day. Anybody could have a little person child so it's good information.

I think Shorty does break a lot of stereotypes associated with little people.

Parent of a 9 and 10-year-old Written byTaniaCastro February 1, 2010

Give pits a chance...

LOVE IT! With all the unfair press this breed gets...it's about time there's shows like this one and Pit Bulls & Parolees...that tell the TRUTH about what wonderful animals pit bulls are, when in the hands of responsible loving owners.

Parent of a 5 and 7-year-old Written bySueEllen73 January 26, 2010

Perfect for whole family

My entire family (ages 5-36) watch this! It really supports the value of caring and respecting animals.