Parent reviews for PJ Masks

PJ Masks Poster Image

I got to ban this cartoon at home

Totally I agree with most of the previous reviews left here, my husband say “they’re super heroes fighting the evils’ so I let them watching, and they love it but nowI get to ban this cartoon at home! Here is why: I am concerned of fast paced and changing lights blue green red lights…. I am tired of the villains being the focus with bad language. Attitude and no consequences I am worry about some elements like pentagram (cat boy appears in the midst) crystals(main source of power) and zombines I

2 people found this helpful.

Headquarters is a Totem Pole?

I saw few positives in the show- problem solving, accepting apologies, teamwork. But, I cannot get over the fact that the PJ Mask HQ is a totem pole. Theres no real other indigenous appropriation in the show; however the franchise (and hasboro) profit off the use of totem poles in their PJ Mask toy sales. Master Fang is also an harmful misrepresentation.

2 people found this helpful.

Has taught my son horrible and disturbing language.and behavior

My son is almost 4 And PJ mask has been banned from our house for several months now due to some of the language that he's used on a regular basis in the show. And the way that it has affected my child. But the show is hard to avoid. It's everywhere not just on Disney Plus app. My son is obsessed with the superhero show. Even though we haven't let him watch it in quite a bit of time he's still using some of the negative language that he has learned from the show and understands the context in which these words are used. He's gotten mad at me and his dad called us losers told us he hate Us. And there's been several times that he's come up to me asking if he's worthless. And also using the word stupid. And when I've asked him where he's learned these kind of words because we don't use them in our house. He consistently says that he hears it from PJ masks. I myself when my son was allowed to watch it have heard them say things like losers stupid. And I have heard one of the characters refer to themselves as worthless in an episode. I think it's absolutely disturbing and disgusting that a show that is obviously marketed to young children and preschoolers is using such negative language. And he doesn't seem to forget the things that he's learned even when we've completely cut him off from watching it. And when he goes to other people's homes he's able to watch it there. And it's just been really difficult to avoid the show. We've also had to deal with behaviors like punching and kicking and hitting which is also not allowed in our house but he says that he sees it on PJ masks when they're beating up bad guys. Disney creators really need to think about what they're putting out there for young impressionable children to watch.

Sexist! Sexist! Sexist! even in merchandising

Look I do agree that this isn't the kind of cartoon I'd like my little niece to watch all the time, but she does. And the truth be told, there are enough kids watching it out there that if she didn't they would either bully her for not watching it, or make her feel like an outcast. Anyway, that being said. That this is put out by Disney Jr. makes me wonder why while also understanding why, I mean, prince charming and sleeping beauty were made famous by Disney. The fact that there is only one girl hero character and hardly any and I mean ANY merchandise out there like a bookbag, or shirt, or blanket that only depicts her without the other two characters is disturbing; or that the merchandise that is out there has caboy always leading the helm with Owlette left in the background. I don't agree with this cartoon, but as long as my niece is in love with it and the Owlette character I will surprise her with things she will love, and YES, while subtley putting in plugs for shows like Veggietales or an activity like just reading together.

Great show

PJ Masks is a friendship filled show that is awesome because of the actors. The kids are always nice and their superhero powers are awesome, like Catboy's super cat stripes and power fur balls and super cat speed. And Gecko's camouflage is so cool and his shields are awesome. Parents do not need to be worried about kids watching PJ Masks. There is no scariness or violence. One thing I noticed is whenever the PJ Masks mess up the music shows it. Overall, I would recommend this show.

Good far outweighs the bad

My son is only about to turn 3 and loves loves loves PJMasks. My first and really only major concern was the name calling, but then I got a grip on myself and asked is “kitty litter boy” really that TERRIBLE I need to pull the plug? No and I remember watching “Bozo the clown”. My son decided on his own he doesn’t like the villains or their behavior “mommy why is Romeo such a bad boy all the time”. Yes the characters, the PJMasks are flawed but they’re little kids and they work together and support each other. Yes my son the other day said “super Gecco Muscles” and threw a chair BUT he is a bit under the age recommendation for the show. The villains are super whiny and annoying and yes they are mean and call names but kids who don’t pick up that this is unacceptable on their own, have parents who can explain to them how wrong this is. I’ve never heard a 4 year old call another 4 year old “bird brain” BUT I’ve heard them call much worse. These shows aren’t there to teach our children all on their own, that’s what parents are for so if you’re not planning on using it as a babysitter, In my opinion PJMasks is one of the best out there. Hey, it’s not Pinkalicious or Caillou so, I’m actually ecstatic!! Also, Night Ninja is the same kid who does Daniel Tiger so, there’s also that!!

Y’all are trippin

If you blame a TV show for your child’s problems (bullying, violence, etc.) y’all are terribly mistaken. You need to look at yourself along with what your child is around or your child is idk, being a child who has a big imagination? Or your child needs a therapist. Either way, I have had no problems with this show and my daughter has been watching it for years. She is not a bully nor does she go around being violent lol. I also learned a little thing called discipline that maybe some parents should take up if your child is acting like how y’all describe.

Unrepresentative, sexist & pointless

I am amazed this is from Disney. All the characters are white. The “moral “ in each episode, if you can call it that, is lost amongst all the name calling and megalomania of the “bad” characters, who apparently at 4 years old want to rule the world- what a great concept to introduce to pre-schoolers, well done Disney! Why are there no black characters? Why did Catboy have to be the leader, why not Owlette? Why are the storylines so weak? Why isn’t there even the most basic educational point included? What is the point of this show, if not to simply turn kids into insult yelling zombies? TLDR absolute rubbish if you’re thinking about letting your kids watch it, don’t bother, they’d be better off sitting in an empty room looking at the walls than watching this tripe.

Really?

This show is fine. I cannot believe some of the negative reviews. Lighten up people , geez. It seems like we are at the hypercritical point where we find something wrong with everything. Do you expect the villains to be perfect little model citizens? THEY ARE VILLIANS and very mild ones at that. There are a lot of good little life lessons if you watch the show with an open mind.

Up all night to shake the day

More important than name-calling, hollow characters, and bad manners, there's a fundamental problem with the PJ Masks, and that's the premise: They're encouraging kids to stay up all night, skipping a good night's sleep.