Parent reviews for Project Mc2

Whiz kids break stereotypes, make being smart cool.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byt.j.r. December 12, 2015

Ditsy Girls Acing Smart

I was really hoping for a show about intelligent girls doing intelligent things. But this was little more than four fashionistas acting smart. The main character presents some redeeming qualities but the remaining three are stereotypical teenage-fashion-facebook-infatuated girls who (while apparently being hyper smart) are more interested in boys and their shoes than really doing any science/engineering. This seems more of an excuse to make science look cool to the fashion crowd and sell fashion dolls (disguised as science/engineering toys) to parents who think it will encourage their little girls to get interested in STEM. If parents want a show that doesn’t promote the fashion stereotype on girls and really promotes STEM I would recommend the AMAZON-prime series Annedroids, and the Glodie-blox toy line and leave this pathetic attempt to sell fashion-dolls to be cancelled.

Adult Written bydaisymay04 September 12, 2016

Could've been so much better.

It makes me very sad to say that this show is nothing but more and more stereotypes being put on top of each other. This show tries to be about smart girls, but in reality, they're very dumb. They're just your typical dumb girls who are obsessed with text talk and posting selfies while actually having the skills to save the world??? What the heck? This show could've been so much better if (a. they decided not to go the extremely unrealistic route of making the main character have a mother who rules the top crime fighting organization in the world, (b. decided to not make these extremely stupid girls save the world all by themselves, and finally, (c. decided to make some male characters who were just as smart as the girls. It annoys me how Common Sense labels all shows that showcase girls being "super smart" and men being a bunch of lazy dumb sacks "girl power." Prime examples are this show and Legend of Korra, along with so many others. No, Common Sense, IT'S NOT GIRL POWER! IT'S INEQUALITY!!

Parent of a 12 year old Written byJswurd August 27, 2016

Overly predictable girl spy show is very omg like

This show is all about girls who do missions which is overly predictable, these girls are all about social media and hashtags ect. These are so goth girls, it's pretty boring. But there is not any violence or sex. One or two uses of hell.
Adult Written bymiams February 28, 2016

Girl Power!

My 9yr loves it. Positive role models, a STEM focus filled with examples of projects that parents can do at home with their children. Its silly and fun. The "spy" is a very positive role model for children. Responsible and determined. They others are more typical tweens and too much fall into stereo-types except they are exceptionally intelligent. Danica McKellar has devoted her career to promote math for children and especially girls. With enough support from parents, this show can have the runway to grow.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byAuthor Alys B. Cohen October 17, 2017
Let's overlook how the STEM-push has become overkill and is starting to push girls away (everything they do now is all STEM, all the time, and I'm seeing more and more girls burn out). I had hoped this show would actually feature whizzes, and instead saw girls who were pretty ditzy making such basic errors that the show is an insult to the intelligence of children. Who posts their location on social media when they're supposed to be in hiding? Uh, Bryden, that's who. None of the others are any smarter. It's like the STEM things were an afterthought, and done poorly. Literally none of the little girls I know are interested in this show. Some think the dolls are pretty (though the supposed-science experiments are just craft projects that require parents to buy an additional $10-$20 worth of supplies), but that's it. There's no sex, swearing, or violence, but also no intelligence.
Adult Written byErika J. September 25, 2017

Love the show

I really like the show. I watch it with my daughter and sister. Wish the show could be a bit longer and don't like that they changed the character Devin. The new one doesn't bring the same toughness. Hope the the show last.

Parent Written byAllison371 June 23, 2017

Finally

Finally my daughter, who's media I limited, turned me on to this show. Project MC2 was referred by a classmate. It portrays smart, kind & considerate and confident girls. Sans the obnoxious, sarcastic, rude and playing stupid for attention, I howe to see more content this for my growing 3 kids.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byrainbow p. June 13, 2017

Adult Written byValerie G. December 3, 2017

STEM Focus-Teens Are Real

My 10 year old adores this program. The characters are real-interested in fashion and some have a social media presence, jut like many teens. And, they are dedicated to their interests, being a team and friends while solving crimes and bringing criminals to justice. The diversity of the characters is a big plus for our diverse household. Has prompted family discussions about criminality and STEM matters.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byJack B. November 20, 2017
Parent of a 1 and 11 year old Written byZoethustra January 23, 2018

Outlandish, but cute and full of girl power

Sure it's corny, the scenarios are ridiculous and most of the actors are mediocre at best, but it;s really hard to hate on something that promotes the idea of girls being smart, creative, independent and solving their own problems. In the current climate where role models for girls are almost always sexualized (the most popular TV show right now is Game of Thrones where girls are pretty much required to be shown nude), this is a refreshing change. I would much rather my daughter be into this show than a lot of the other options (also, my 11 year old son liked it so much he binged watched 5 or 6 episodes- I'm all for him being into smart girls, too!!)

Parent of a 12 year old Written byBenedict C. June 15, 2018

Girls are smart and boys are stupid....

Okay, so yes these girls are smart and good role models, so I'll give it that....but honestly, not good for your kids. It basically teaches your kids that girls are smart and boys are stupid. I love the strong girl thing, but strong and smart girls are okay when you reinforce gender equality, which is what this show DOES NOT do. My friend's kids saw this, and they were going around the playground saying girls are smart and boys are dumb, which is NOT okay. Show them TV where they say "girls are just as smart as boys," not where they say "girls are SMARTER than boys."
Parent Written bypsavino August 28, 2018

Great for my daughter

This show is great, although corny, it promotes STEM for girls. They work as a team and support each other. There is no foul language. My 7 year old daughter loves it.

Adult Written byladream July 25, 2018

ok

its kinda prediciable and its boring