All parent member reviews for Project Runway

Adult Written byprojectrunwayfan April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymr.TR May 7, 2011

The Show Needs to Keep It's Language and Content Clean and Safe for All Audiences.

On 5/7/2011, Project Runway was shown on a U.S. TV station. In one episode, a woman contestant points her open scissors at the camera, and says something like: "In the next competition, I'm gonna cut his little_____ off." The subject that she is pretending to destroy is an area of another contestant's body. Her language and subject matter, is language that is not appropriate for kids under 17. The censors of this show should not have allowed kind of language on the show. Language like that is only appropriate for: people over 17, or for shows that have a rating of: adult, 17+, or R or not rated/X rated/rated Mature. I like the show, it is a show that is good at showing people in the fashion industry. The show also has fun competitions, but I feel that we need to keep [TV language and TV content appropriate], on TV shows that are rated and designed for all audiences, and TV shows that are rated for kids who are 16 and under.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 8 year old Written byJessicaBurton1980 January 5, 2009

Adult Written bypattycake April 9, 2008

Creativity Rules

My football playing son and I enjoy the show very much. He really loves the models but comments on the outfits as well. We like the challenges. We are reality show junkies and rate this show right up there with "Survivor" and "Amazing Race". We alsio like "Desogn Star" This show is all about creativity.
Adult Written bylifeisminty April 9, 2008

This program is extremely addictive and very entertaining. I suppose commercialism and unprofessionalism by the contestants are the only issues here, but those can be excellent springboards for dialogue with younger viewers (the show does have an avid fanbase with young teens, you know.) However, creativity and hard work are also reinforced as important traits, which I feel is a good message to put across. I think the whole family should watch together.
Adult Written bymomof3! April 9, 2008

Great show for 10 and up!

This show is great, and I watch it all the time with my daughter, Addison. She is 12 years old. It has some rough language, but it's okay if you teach your child not to talk like that.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byaveryt_m April 9, 2008

The social themes make this great

We are all major fans of Project Runway - watching it is a family event. We have our favorites and Dad (never even thought about the world of fashion) is the biggest fan. We always find something to talk about - creativity, mentoring, fashion as art vs. just clothes, technical aspects of making clothes, choices, sexual orientation, competition, and of course we have our favorites! The models are shown as real people who have preferences and concerns too. We talk about the motivation and desire of the designers, the fairness (or not) of the judging, the different aspects of the fashion industry represented in the judging, and how you have to have little sense of personal space to be a model. It's fascinating and these people have real talent.
Adult Written bymodelmom8925 April 9, 2008

Its excellent!

My daughters and family have been in the fashion industry for many years including myself.It's a great show that shows kids how to be creative with everyday materials.It's a brilliant show!