All parent member reviews for Pushing Daisies

Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Adult Written byniccoleolm November 15, 2008

LOOOOOVE

Really awesome show. Very fairytale-ish and fun. Funny too.
Parent of a 4, 6, 9, 10, 12, and 14 year old Written byNerdy_Mamma December 30, 2009
Adult Written byAnna_lana November 14, 2008

One of the best shows out there!

I LOVE Pushing Daisies!! The sets and props and costumes are so imaginative and colorful. The story lines are so funny and incorporate some of the most creative and smart tv I've seen in a long time. Ned is endearing. Some of the culture references may go over the heads of younger viewers, and there is occasionally some very brief language, but otherwise this is quite a good family program, especially in comparison with everything else ABC has. The show is carried by Olive and Emerson, as well as other supporting characters. One of the best shows in a long time!!
Parent of a 3, 9, and 12 year old Written byDa Nerd January 8, 2011
My son who is 12 watches it and the first episode there was a son (about 6) running in daises all happy then in a shocking moment the dog is hit by a truck. The boy (Ned) touches the dog and it goes back to live. Ned has the talent of turning the dead back to life for only one minute or something else dies. Also another part has Ned as an adult stripped down in his underwear and his girlfriend (Chuck) in undergarments. Many uses of people "wanting to touch". Emmerson uses "Hell" and "a--" alot and other characters use "danm". They have bad role models because when they were at a nunnery, the nuns started killing eachother. While they were there, a nun started drinking some type of whiskey hidden in their bible. One person smokes and many people drinking beer and whiskey. Bad role models because people steel and kill eachother.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009
Adult Written byCuriousGerbil October 28, 2009

Bring on the pie maker

This is one of the most original shows I've ever seen. I own both seasons and wish it haddn't been cancelled. There are some seens that might be too gruesome for young viewers, but overall not a bad show. The writing is excellent, the dialogue great, the acting spot on, and it even has a humorous narrator. What else could you ask for?
Parent of a 12, 15, and 16 year old Written bycoolgrl5 August 31, 2009

Adults only

The show was very interesting. My husband loved it. But, there was a scene on one of the 1st couple of shows that to me was not family friendly. I don't want my kids to view shows that promote sex outside of marriage. There was no nudity but the message is still there...
Adult Written byRhonda1011 April 9, 2008

Loved it!

I thought the show was a refreshing new twist on TV. It was one of the most original shows I have seen in a while. My 11 year old son even got into it. I was never bored watching, and I highly recommend this show to anyone who likes a little comedy, drama, and fantasy. Enjoy!!
Adult Written byKimmieSu April 9, 2008
Adult Written bycgillispie April 9, 2008

Hillarious... then they said the "B" word

This is one of the most original network TV shows to come along in ages. The show feels like Tim Burton for network television. It is quirky, funny, smart, VERY witty! The fast paced, incredibly smart dialogue alone had me hooked in the first 15 minutes. The only downfall was the liberties they took with the language, pushing the envelope just enough for me to pause for the obligatory "what did he just say?" **rewind the DVR** " I THOUGHT that is what he just said..." "B**ch* " Now, My children are 10 and 12. And while I know they are not oblivious to the language around them (I am no saint)I do understand the "mockingbird" factor at this age. But for the time, it solicited brief confusion from me and hysterical laughter from them (ahhh to be a kid again) Oh, and the narrarator just completes the entire feeling of the show.
Adult Written bykrystalhaze April 9, 2008

Great new show. Worth checking out.

I was lucky enough to catch this show from the pilot and have not missed any episode yet (I've gone so far as to program it into the DVR to record the entire series). Even my husband, who isn't a big TV watcher, loves this show. Its originality, quirky humor and unique story telling technique is exceptionally refreshing. I look forward to seeing how the eccentric characters deal with the odd situations they find themselves in each week's episode. As for kids, I think that it is appropriate for early teens and up. Some of the humor may escape them, but would still be entertaining on the whole. As for parents/adults, I highly recommend this show!!!! It is a great break from the formulaic sitcom/dramas over-running TV right now.