All parent member reviews for Ravenswood

Parent of a 10 year old Written bystrict_mom December 15, 2013

ok for kids

People may say the show is scary. I watched it with my 10 year old and she was just fine. I wish I have waited a year, but it was fine.
Adult Written byjcq January 29, 2014

Pretty demonic, honestly...

As an adult, I love the show. However, it has a lot of occult and esoteric subject matter, i.e., curses, deals with the devil (I wish I was joking), communication with the dead, murder, ghosts, lucid dreaming, etc. I wouldn't want to let my child see that unless she (or he) was already a Pretty Little Liars fan. I don't watch any scary movies at all, but Ravenswood totally scares me. The show isn't as good as Pretty Little Liars as far as plot and complexity. It takes risks, for example, one of the main characters dies in the very first episode. For the remainder of the series, she is a ghost. The characters aren't necessarily role models. Rather, the show is about how a few very unlucky kids are dealing with their problems...likely no problems your child will ever experience, though. I think its brilliant that shows are taking this turn. Instead of teaching children how they "should be," they are teaching children that everyone has problems, and that's okay, and you simply need to solve your problems with as much integrity and perseverance as you that, and you'll find success. To me, that is the ideal role model for a child.
Parent Written byPhil16 October 19, 2014

A little creepy but better than Pretty Little Liars

Not a bad show, think it had some potential. A little bit creepy but much better than pretty little liars for young children, although unfortunately it is more enjoyable if you understand a bit of the history of the main character which would require watching petty little liars.