Parent reviews for Riverdale

Riverdale Poster Image

RIVERDALE - amazing show - really recommend!!

This is actually a really awesome show! I would recommend letting your kids watch this. I let my 10-year-old daughter watch this and she is always updating me on the mysteries that this show holds. I started watching it myself, and became very interested! Recommend it 100%.

4 people found this helpful.

Season 5 destroyed this show

Honestly the only reason I was watching this show was because of the Betty and Jughead romance but it would seem that the show has twisted and tainted every relationship to make it seem toxic. I don’t think I will continue watching it. So much cheating and lies... and now it seems that Betty is going to be in a relationship with Archie (Jugheads best friend). They ruined any potential romance that could have made this show worth watching in the 5th season so unless your in for some serious disappointment I suggest you watch something different.
3 people found this helpful.

Cliche teen drama with adult themes and ridiculous moments

This was perhaps... the most boring tv show for teens in existence. INFO FOR PARENTS: This show includes... 1. A student-teacher affair 2. Many, many deaths 3. Sex scenes (nothing is really showed) 4. (perhaps the most ridiculous one) A girl (Betty) performs a strip routine in front of her boyfriend, her mom, and her boyfriend's dad 5. Mild cussing 6. LGBTQ couples (I'm gay myself but I'm sure Christians would like to know) There you go. Decide for yourself

3 people found this helpful.

Awful show and extremely inappropriate

This show is terrible and extremely inappropriate for children and young teens. I am very liberal, don’t micromanage my kids, and will answer questions they have honestly and appropriately about adult things like sex, identity, and substances. That being said, Riverdale glamorizes a sexual relationship between a teacher and a 15 year old high school student, features a shower sex scene between two teenagers and a scene of a high school girl performing a strip tease in a bar full of classmates and adult men, normalizes drug labs and drug use, and promotes unhealthy family dynamics and unrealistic relationships. I’m not even concerned about the crime/murder/fear component. This show displays high school so unrealistically it’s inane. One student owns and manages her own underground speakeasy (at age 16), parents go to jail frequently for money laundering and lying, students have possession of fire arms, parents completely invalidate and neglect their children so that the children no longer trust their parents, I could go on. My husband and I attempted to watch the show ourselves, and aside from the asinine content, the writing and acting is so bad, we had to give up shortly after we started watching a few episodes. The worst part is that I work in child care, and I can’t tell you the number of 9-12 year olds I’ve heard talking about how the show is “so good”, that they “can’t wait for high school”, or that they’re not allowed to watch it but “watch episodes on YouTube when my mom’s not home”. I don’t advocate for over-sheltering your kids or keeping them in a bubble, but there are much higher quality tv shows that feature similar themes, handled in a much more mature and realistic way, that you can watch with your kids and even use as tools to teach them. Riverdale is not one of those shows. I would advise to avoid it until your kids are old enough to form their own critical thoughts and recognize that tv dramas are not an accurate reflection of reality.
3 people found this helpful.

Statuatory Rape is apparently okay in this world...

No matter how they deal with it/talk about it, it's there. The kid having an affair with the teacher in the back seat of a car. This is *not* the kind of image I want my kids dealing with while watching a tv show. Not cool at all, and whomever produced this take on the "Archies", I hope you sleep well at night and that your profit margin was worth it.

3 people found this helpful.

AMAZING SHOW FOR WAY OLDER MATURE TEENS!!!

Look if you have ever seen my reviews they have been accurate. this is a review you can trust I am a mother that worries about my children being exposed to things. riverdale is a great teen show but watch out for sex drinking and swearing the swearing is pg-13 but the storyline I would say is tv-ma. for the person "Not as bad as people make it!" Don't listen to them!!!! in all I would say riverdale is ok for teens 16 and up.

2 people found this helpful.

GREAT!

Great for kids! Teaches kids about problem solving and freindship! My daughters loved it!

very inappropriate and scary

this tv show promotes underage drinking and sex, it’s also is very scary and shows traumatic scenes and included drugs

1 person found this helpful.

Amazing show for young teens!

I have a 13 year old daughter and I was reluctant to let her watch this because of all the things I heard about it. Eventually I gave up and let her watch it. Best show ever! Don’t listen to all the things you hear on this saying that’s there’s ‘too much sex’ because there isn’t! They do talk about it but you never see anything. And also, there’s not a lot of swearing either! Great show, wish my daughter could of watched it sooner. I definitely recommend.