Parent and Kid Reviews on

Robin Robin Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 6 parent reviews

Sort by:

Nothing in it is so objectionable that it should be “cancelled”......

It’s funny and cute, with clever songs. The bird is raised by mice, and this leads to all sorts of questions/issues. Nice graphics, and a quirky little style. The British accents make it a bit hard to follow some dialogue so you may want to use captions. The mean cat might be a bit scary for under five. But overall, very good!

1 person found this helpful.

Cute holiday short for kids and grownups

My six year old really enjoyed this short. He can be frightened of some scenes in other shows and films (the nightmare in Slumberland bothered him) but he wasn't scared during this one. I enjoyed the message to be yourself and play to your strengths. No I don’t think this is telling kids it’s okay to B&E or commit arson, lol. Calm down

Delightful and diverse

Robin Robin is a heartwarming film with strong neurodiversity vibes. Robin tries so hard to fit in, but repeatedly fails until she leans in to what makes her different. Magpie is an obsessive collector — with a physical disability — who finds happiness and belonging beyond his obsession. The songs are funny and catchy, and the animation is in the adorable Aardman style, but with some fun new materials.

Charming and Sweet!

Robin Robin is a great kids short film. There is zero drinking smoking or swearing. Don't believe the other review that says there is. The cat can be a little scary but nothing inappropriate for little ones. The animation is superb. Great message about finding out who you are and your helpful place in the world.

Was Inappropriate For My Children

Parents Should Say No to Robin Robin

At first, I thought Robin Robin would be a cute, heartfelt Christmas movie about birds. However, it has themes of: -Breaking and entry -Stealing -Arson -Vandalism All nicely, or not so nicely at times cloaked as "animals being clumsy." There is also a mean cat that stalks and tries to eat the birds and mice in the film. It was scary to even a seven-year-old and would probably be frightening to younger viewers. Last, There were several bottles of poison and alcohol littering the background. It is a short film, and we had already launched it after thinking it would be "cute." Since it was so short, I didn't turn it off, and we just watched how it turned out as a talking point. However, had I have known the themes beforehand, I would have discouraged this one from playing on our TV.