Parent reviews for Roswell

Roswell Poster Image

Roswell New Mexico

I think this show is reasonable for kids 11 and up it is a little steamy but whenever stuff actually happens it blacks out and it is a great show plus if you let your kids watch it you will be the fun laid back parent and you will have a great relationship with your kids

Not for Me

I thought it would be okay after reading the Common Sense rating. Sex not present the rating says. A character talks about m* sturb*ting.

Started off good but...

Violence increases to many shoot-outs, murders, and torture of beloved main characters, all even in a single episode. We dumped it at this point around episode 21. Beware.

Roswell, New Mexico

We all know what happened in Roswel in 1947... the crash. This series takes that idea and sets it in a high school where Max, Isabel and Michael are all teenage aliens, fighting to keep their identity a secret and find out more about their past.

Not really a zero on drinking...there is a party where everyone drinks underage in the episode "Blind Date", but nothing too serious. Also, the show can be a bit violent, Max gets tortured in the episode The White Room.

Good Story With Plenty of Sexual Themes (But Not Gratuitous)

I watched this when it originally aired, and have been watching again on Netflix. This is definitely worth watching for the appropriate age group. Be aware, there are sexual themes throughout the series (heavy necking, lots of leg, back, arm groping, discussions about sex, and eventually sex itself) though it tends to fade to black when it becomes very intense. However, the sexual themes are relevant to the story lines that are being presented, even if you aren't aware of it at the time. That's all I can explain without giving out spoilers. Other themes are: Constant mortal danger of our heroes and heroines, though it creates strong bonds between them. There are several deaths of both good and bad humans and aliens, as well as the death of a main character which was completely unexpected. However, just as with most themes of this show, it was extremely relevant to the progression of the story. The aliens are very much like humans, with some bad and some good, so it isn't just a typical "humans are evil and want to wipe out something they don't understand". There are also strong families represented, with both typical 2 parent households as well as single parent homes. The themes of adoption (in the good sense), abusive parenting (by a foster parent), and the struggles of parents and teens trying to understand each other are also woven throughout. Overall, this is a good show. It was so popular in it's original run that when it's premature cancellation was announced, viewers began a "Tabasco Sauce" campaign (once you watch you'll understand) which gave it an extra season and a good wrap up. It's a soap opera-esque, sci-fi, teen angst world filled with both beautiful and plain people (which I found refreshing). With themes that become darker as the show progresses, plus the sexual content, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 16, unless they are a very mature 15.

Not really a zero on the sex rating

I think the sex rating is a bit off. 0 stars made me think it was okay for my 11yo to watch, but we are only on episode 5 and so far two main characters were rolling on the bed in one scene, very passionate kissing in another, with the male characters hands sliding under / up the female characters shirt.

ok for older kids, not for the younger crowd or tweens

Love Roswell but there is more than a small amount of making out and while it isn't that big a deal, I don't want my 10 or 14 year old to begin having feelings they are not ready to handle.

great for older people and tweens

love it