Parent and Kid Reviews on

Sailor Moon Crystal Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 28 kid reviews

Sort by:

I don't think people have actually watched the whole thing...

Here are some things people say about it and why they are wrong: Bad role models: Usagi is a crybaby, and a little lazy and unmotivated, but it's always played for laughs and never to influence girls (as if that's the only demographic). Ami is smart and kind, Rei is a fortune teller (Christians, chill (I'm a christian so I'm allowed to say that)), Mako is tough but girly at heart, and Minako is pure girly but with a serious side. None of the girls are just one stereotype, and as you can see from interactions (specifically season three and Sailor Moon Eternal), only Mako and Minako fawn over boys. Usagi has a boyfriend (who was aged down, thank god), Ami is indiferent, and Rei couldn't care less. They all have very specific dreams, and they bring them up all the time (Ami wants to be a doctor, Rei wants to take over her grandfather's shrine, Mako wants to get married and run a shop, and Minako wants to be a pop idol). Usagi's character arc is about her becoming a serious and mature leader, and whenever she cries it's always for good reason (towards the end I mean). In Eternal for example, when Mamoru kicks her out of his room to hide his worsening condition, it obviously destroys her, but she handles it like a champ. Character growth! Sexualizing Young Girls: Oh, come on. Their outfits include mini skirts, but that isn't inherinty wrong. As you can see in the transformation sequences, they wear bodysuits, so it makes sense to only have a short skirt so as to not limit mobility. As to why they have skirts in the first place? BECAUSE THIS IS A MAGICAL GIRL ANIME! Yes, Rei and others have heels, but honestly who cares? I'm around 14 year old girls all the time, and they wear MUCH more provocative outfits than these. Seriously, people have completely forgotten how teenagers actually dress. Also, the only reason people are bodyshaming them is because sailor moon is famous. Anime characters are usually thinner, boys AND girls. It isn't about sexualizing them... like, at all. I draw in an anime style, and I draw my female characters (and male characters) thinly. That means literally nothing, and the bigger problem is society telling girls to put their worth on a cartoon. Parents, do something about that please. The always need men: No, the men are absolutely useless! Tuxedo mask is the weakest character for the entire thing. While the inners and outers are kicking butt, Tuxedo Mask is just kind of there to encourage Usagi or help Chibiusa. He's much more of a dad than Usagi is a mom (the only thing I find weird is the Chibiusa being in love with Mamoru thing, but it's much more tame in crystal and it's clearly shown that Usagi and Mamoru are centuries away from becoming their future selves, so obviously Chibiusa sees them as different people). People have clearly only watched the first season and nothing else. The first and second seasons are pretty blah, but after that it's amazing. Also, if the reason you think is bad is because of Uranus and Neptune, screw you! Anyways, I recommend if you have a little bit of patience.

4 people found this helpful.

Definitely not for kids under 9/10

It's an amazing anime, with lovable characters, great messages, and more, although it is quite addicting, and sometimes scenes will exaggerate body parts. I am not homophobic, but if you don't like your kids to see lgbtq+ content, then I would not recommend this for your kids. The level of this content in the show is low, though, so nothing much to worry about :) It does say the occasional d-a and h word, but this isn't too bad for mature children 10 and up.

2 people found this helpful.

Sailor Moon Crystal Review

The show is awesome, it is the modern reboot of Sailor Moon. It has some language ( think of it as a PG-13 movie) brief nudity ( transformations), and scariness that may be unsuitable for under 10 years of age.
1 person found this helpful.

It’s not to bad

It’s ok I think ten and up should be fine watching this.
1 person found this helpful.

Sailor Moon!

Honestly, this anime is one of the best ones of all time. I recommend watching the original first because this is a REBOOT. Ive been a Sailor Moon fan for a longgggg time and this show is my life 10/10. Basically the story is a 14 year old girl named Usagi and she's actually Sailor Moon. So she must battle crimes in Tokyo with her other guardians she found along the way who are technically also Sailor Guardians. Keep in mind that if you're showing younger kids this anime... -Says some swear words such as hell, damn it. But it's only for like a few episodes not a lot -Be aware that you can see some of the breasts of the other Sailor Guardians when the girls are transforming to their respective Sailor Guardian suit -Some violence here. Just make sure your child doesn't do what characters do on TV. -I believe that there are some scenes where there are too much kissing and looks like that they're doing stuff that some adults do. Other than that this anime is recommended, but adults: watch it by yourself and it's your decision to decide if you're going to let your child watch Sailor Moon

highly reccomend!

ok so, i MIGHT be a little biased since this is my favorite anime, but here we go. The characters make for great role models, each character having distinct personalities and goals and being badass overall. each character has some form of development, and they show a lot of love and compassion for eachother. there are some bits that could be considered SLIGHTLY dark, but most younger kids would probably gloss over it or not really care. my biggest con would just be some parts are awkward and make you wanna cringe a lil, and some of the bad guys can be unsettling (talking about mistress 9, purely because of the weird eye thing) but otherwise, its really good! i highly recommend for any kid that can handle a few uncomfy/unsettling, scenes sprinkled around.

Sailor Moon Crystal

Even though it's the reeboot it's the best, its so so so good and the english dub is 100% better than the original english dub.

A Guide to sailor moon crystal

Alright so i just finished sailor moon crystal A few weeks ago and here is a guide to the age rating. id say its a ten plus but here is a few things parents should note. 1. it has words like d_ and he_ in it these are said rarely in the show though so i wouldn't worry about it that much. 2. In season 3 it becomes a little bit dark 3. there's people transforming it to monsters with big details so if your child has a fear of monsters I wouldn't recommend season 3 or maybe not season 2 . 4. THERES A HECK LOT OF KISSING 5. They say death a lot In my opinion its 10+ but that's just my opinion Bye.