Kid reviews for Seinfeld

Yadda, yadda, yadda -- a classic for teens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl October 17, 2010

What's wrong with you, Common Sense Media?

This show's amazing... Common Sense Media's just over reacting... yet again... over and over, as with everything they rate.
Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2013

funny but inappropriate

I think the show is fine but some episodes (the handicap spot, the contest, the non-fat yogurt, the sponge etc) are inappropriate. They talk a lot about having sex.

Teen, 14 years old Written by♪♫music♪♫ March 12, 2011

hilarious show!!!!!!!

i have watched this show ever since i was really really little and i didnt uderstand a majority of the jokes. now that im older i do but when i was a kid i still laughed at the non sexual jokes.... i think teens should be able to watch it as well as little kids who will get nothing out of the inappropriate jokes that DONT make up the whole show

Teen, 13 years old Written byLialay January 16, 2011

Basically the best show out there for teens and adults.

I'll admit, there is some inappropriate content in the majority (if not all) of the episodes to some extent. But the humor overrides any concerns I may have had. "Gotta' love the Sein!" :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byasam May 26, 2010

OLDER KIDS ONLY

OLDER KIDS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!! (ages 12+)

Beat show ever

Great show for 15 years and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byThisistrue July 21, 2015

Watch Seinfeld it's awesome!

I started watching Seinfeld when I was twelve years old and I love it. It doesn't have much inappropriate/adult humor, though things are mentioned once an episode or so. This show is hilarious and common sense media is wrong in the fact that the characters are bad role models. Though some of the things they do are wrong, it's not that bad. Seinfeld is my favorite tv show and you should let kids watch it. The reason I said ten up isn't because it's innapropriate, it's not, but because a lot of the humor is stuff you'll only get if you're eleven and up(I think)
You should watch Seinfeld!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShane Craig August 14, 2013

The best comedy ever in the history of television.......

Seinfeld is my favorite comedy that has ever been on TV ever! It's absolutely HILARIOUS and awesome. I watch this shows reruns every day. I've seen like every episode like 5 times and classics episodes like, "The Contest" and "The Soup Nazi" like 10 times. When I was younger my dad would always watch this and I would actually be there with him and i enjoyed it even though I was like 5 years old. When I was about 11 I started watching by myself and he was fine with me watching by myself. I watched the whole series all the way through a few times. I laughed the whole way through it, it's a timeless classic show that will NEVER grow old. I have gotten great joy in watching this show. If I have kids when I grow up, I will make them watch it and I"m sure they'll love it! Now I have to give the word to parents. Most parents in the U.S. watch this show and would know the inappropriate things about it. If your a parent that never watched this show then your INSANE and must LIVE UNDER A ROCK. The show has plenty of sexual dialogue and bad role models. But even though the characters are selfish they will never be forgotten. They are the best cast in the history of TV... The best episode ever aired is also a very risque episode centered on masturbation. "The Contest". Everyone knows this classic episode!! If I got into all the amazing episodes in this show I would be at this computer for a week!! I have seinfeld t-shirts and stuff its really cool. This is THE best comedy ever aired!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 13, 2013

CommonSense is overeacting...AGAIN!

"This show's amazing... Common Sense Media's just over reacting... yet again... over and over, as with everything they rate" Agreed. Common Sense Media is overprotective too much, ThreeDaysGracesGirl. Teenagers already know about the stuff they talk about on this show. I don't watch this show frequently, but it's definitely funny. Teens OK.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFrylock September 10, 2010

A classic.

It's not as adult as CSM said it was. It's a really funny classic.

Kid, 12 years old July 10, 2010

The Best

I think this is the funniest show ever made.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed September 28, 2009

Hilariously Dry Comedy Perfect For Anyone over Eleven

This is one of the funniest shows ever produced, and Jerry Seinfeld is one of the funniest men alive. Violence is not a problem. There are a few sexual themes, but most are so euphemised that anyone under twelve won't be able to understand them. Some swearing, but nothing a PG movie wouldn't say. The role models are awful, but they're so amoral that most people wouldn't even dream of emulating these people.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMusiclovergig June 30, 2020

Classic

The classic show about nothing is actually about something.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDanbail613 June 22, 2020

This classic sitcom has a surprising abundance of funny episodes.

Seinfeld has become one of my favorite sitcoms. Like I’ve said, there are many episodes that are hysterical, and the characters have problems. I have seen about 120 episodes.
It’s funny enough to binge-watch, as very few shows fit that category. The only other two shows that I have binge-watched as much as “Seinfeld” are “SpongeBob SquarePants”, and “Friends”.
However, this is not a show where you have to watch it in order, you can select episodes and still be extremely entertained. In fact, I would recommend you not watch it in order, because the first 4 seasons are inconsistent.

The seasons I mentioned have many episodes that are so boring, they are hard to sit through. They have a few exceptions, but even then they aren’t usually “great” episodes. It doesn’t get consistently funny until Season 5, and the hilarity continues even in Season 9, which is also the final season.
Season 1 would be the weakest season, because they lack the chemistry between the characters, and they also lack good scripts. Season 5 and 7 are the best seasons because they have the most funny episodes, like “The Puffy Shirt”, “Marine Biologist”, “The Hamptons”, “The Opposite”, “The Soup Nazi”, “The Invitations” and many others.
My favorite episode is “The Chicken Roaster”, from Season 8, because of Kramer’s protests against Kenny Rogers Roasters and how he changes his mind about it. But the funniest part is when Newman spits out the steamed broccoli. “The Butter Shave” is my second favorite, because not only does Kramer sunburn himself, Newman tries to cook him and eat him.

However, like I’ve said, there are also weaker episodes. “The Chinese Restaurant” is one of the weaker ones. The storyline sounds funny, but it’s just slow-moving and hasn’t aged well. “The Contest” is perhaps one of the most overrated episodes, because it lacks laugh-out-loud humor and it has a crude subject matter. Literally, the only two funny parts in that episode were when Kramer didn’t make it for 3 minutes and declares he’s out, and when George’s mom is at the hospital, requesting food, and George throws Tic-Tacs. Otherwise, it’s just stupid innuendoes avoiding what they’re talking about.

My favorite character is Cosmo Kramer, because of his physical humor, consistency, and wacky personality. But he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed. He has more funny storylines than the others.
Newman is surprisingly my second favorite, because he’s devious. He’s more mean-spirited than the others. He cracks me up every time I see him on screen. One of his best moments is when he gave Jerry fleas and he scratches himself, but when Jerry turns around he stops. That episode is called “The Doodle”, from Season 6.
My third favorite is George Costanza, because he fails at getting the ladies, he has humorous rants, and he’s a loser. He doesn’t have much common sense either. Even when he is with a woman who actually likes him, he does something stupid to get out of it.
My other favorite characters include Elaine, because of her control-freak personality, Jerry, because he’s sarcastic and dumps his girlfriends for stupid reasons and George’s father, Frank Costanza, because he screams a lot and has an unhinged personality. Basically every character in this show has something wacky about them.

Now, the parents guide starts:
Positive Messages: The only reason I’m writing about this section, is because admittedly, the characters are not the best role models.
Violence: Nothing to worry about, it’s just comic violence.
Sex: There are definitely some sexual references, but not as frequent as Friends. Most episodes don’t go over the top, but here are the ones I would avoid:
One of the episodes I mentioned earlier, “The Contest (Season 4, Episode 11)”, is about nothing but George playing with himself in front of his mother, and the 4 main characters have a contest to see how long they can go without doing it, despite the temptations. In fact, unlike every other episode, there’s no subplot in this one. They don’t say the word or describe it explicitly, but it is still one I would avoid.
“The Mango (Season 5, Episode 1)” is another one I wouldn’t recommend. It could’ve been a great episode, if they would’ve focused more on the subplot with Kramer taking a bite out of a mango and sending it back to the fruit store, but unfortunately that lasts for only 4 minutes of the episode. The crudeness of the episode is about something sexual with Jerry and Elaine, specifically the “O” word, and this time they repeat the word over and over again.
“The Outing (Season 4, Episode 17)” talks about homosexuality throughout the episode and also says the line “Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
“The Sponge (Season 7, Episode 9)” is mostly about a birth control device that Elaine wants to use with her boyfriend. However, unlike “The Mango”, they still spend a quite generous amount of time with a humorous subplot about Kramer going to the AIDS walk and refusing to wear a ribbon.
There are also episodes that go borderline:
“The Fusilli Jerry (Season 6, Episode 21)” has a storyline about Puddy doing a “sex move” on Elaine, and I skipped through a lot of it. But the funny subplot was when Kramer has a bad word on his license plate, and is later not ashamed of it.
“The Pick (Season 4, Episode 13)” has a huge plot about Elaine sending out a Christmas card revealing one of her nipples. But the funny subplot about Jerry itching the side of his nostril
“The Hamptons (Season 5, Episode 21)” is not as bad as the previous ones, and it is also one of my favorite episodes. Jerry, Elaine, and Kramer talk about watching George’s girlfriend topless. You can see the bare back of the girl but they don’t show much. When to skip is from after Kramer says “Yo-yo-ma”, to after the girl walks away, because there is also some rude language. Another scene to skip is when George, Jerry and Elaine all talk about “shrinkage”, which is what happens to the male private part after it goes in the water, which is also a run-on joke in the episode. But there’s plenty of other subplots about the ugly baby and Kramer stealing the caged lobsters, and it also has some great one-liners.
There’s another episode called “The Secretary (Season 6, Episode 9)”, where George hires a secretary, and there are two scenes to skip, when they have sex (no nudity), and after Jerry and George talk about it a little. But the rest of the episode is fine.
Language: The “a” word and “b” word are used infrequently. There is also some bleeped language.
Substance Abuse: Nothing to worry about.

This is a show I would recommend for 14 and up, because they would find it funnier than younger kids, and they can handle the content. Also, to find my personal rankings on the best episodes, there are two lists on listchallenges.com, with links down below:
Top 10: https://www.listchallenges.com/top-10-funniest-seinfeld-episodes
Another Top 10: https://www.listchallenges.com/another-top-10-funniest-seinfeld-episodes

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat June 10, 2020
Teen, 17 years old Written bymewibos August 25, 2019

Smart humour, 12 and up to fully comprehend

Seinfeld is a great show, absolutely amazing with smart humour and funny, distinctive main characters.
It's basically a show about nothing. Just a group of 4 friends in New York City, dealing with everyday issues (some that are a bit bizarre).
I feel like you need to be atleast 12 years old to fully grasp the show's humour and some of the "adult-y" jokes.
I think it's alright to watch this with the family. There might be some sexual references and sentences about their private body parts ("I was in the pool! There was shrinkage!"), but nothing's over the line. The characters never really mention the body parts or the actions (which is also what makes this such an amazing show). Like in The Contest, where they have a contest about how long they can go without ~doing it~ to themselves but they never really mention the action. Or in The Hamptons, about George Costanza's "shrinkage" and he never really says WHAT shrunk.
Anyway, you definitely need some amount of IQ to find the jokes funny and understand the meaning, but it's not super complicated.
Seinfeld is just not my favourite sitcom. It's my favourite show, of all genres, of all categories, of all shows that exist in this world!
So yadda, yadda, yadda, in conclusion, this show is great! :-)
Update: I'm coming back here to say that there are recurring characters of colour even though there aren't that many (which is of course not very good). But there are Jackie Chiles, Ping, Cheryl and a few others.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybluebutterfly05 August 10, 2019

Love this show

I now watch this show with my parents, but used to sneak up behind the couch and secretly watch it with them until they found out, I found it very funny but a lot of the "adult" jokes went over my head that I now understand. Definitely the best show I've ever watched, an original masterpiece.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHeyWhassupBroski April 7, 2019

No positive role models? Seriously?

I can't agree with what Common Sense Media said about there being no positive role models. Honestly, if more people were like some of the characters in Seinfeld, the world would be a better place. Jerry Seinfeld himself is a VERY lovable guy. He's sweet, polite, and funny, but he does have flaws, which is what makes him a relatable character. The show does contain MANY sexual references, and whole episodes revolving around them, and sometimes they are blatant. Also, George, Jerry, and Kraner do enjoy a drink or a cigarette, (cigar maybe?) and there is one episode revolving around the consequences of smoking. Mild language is used.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBentleDolores August 27, 2018

Arguably one of the best and most influential sitcoms of all time. But not for young kids.

This is one of those times where I agree with Common Sense Media - this one is definitely for teens 14 and up. Seinfeld is quite a funny experience (and this sitcom is practically just about daily life!) that everyone should enjoy; but not all at once as sex references are basically normal in this show, and one episode was given a 15 rating by the BBFC (The Mango, heavy sex references). Nevertheless, dig in to this timeless classic if you're a teen. Kids, hold on a bit. Your time will come sooner or later; for now, stick to cartoons if you love the good old oldies.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJman1400 April 11, 2018

Classic Sitcom

Seinfeld is not a show where lessons are taught, it simply is just made for laughs which is probably why it was so successful in the 90s. It was unique compared to all the other shows back in its time and the character can be silly but funny at the same time. Some inappropriate language for families.