Parent reviews for Servant

Servant Poster Image

WTF

Expensive producers and director for less than mediocre show. I expected so much more. I was throughly disappointed. If you are looking to waste time on nothing, then put this show on. So much time, money and effort was wasted on this show. 0/10, thanks for wasting my time.

Doesn’t deliver

Servant season 1 and season 2 fail to deliver. Extremely boring long pointless scenes with no conclusion

Slow Paced, Unsettling With A Twist

Servant is a psychological drama from the brilliant mind of M. Night Shyamalan on Apple+ TV. It follows a Philadelphia couple and their struggles to cope from a tragic loss, grief, and an unexpected arrival of a strange "nanny." The show itself runs slow, but ultimately builds up to a shocking twist only Shyamalan can deliver. Every shot and scene is brilliantly placed and executed to portray an uncomfortable, claustrophobic panic atmosphere. I've rated this for 17+ because of the mature and heavy themes portrayed. While not explicit, the show tells disturbing stories related to death, grief, mental health, unhealthy marriages, abuse, and a broken family structure. Uncomfortable images (i.e. crawling bugs, a cross made of corn husks, creepy life-like dolls, etc.) are strewn throughout the show. Language is frequent and on the mature side, but not unrealistic. Expect some brief sex scenes and sexual situations but little to no nudity. Most violence is implied/offscreen, but there is a couple of brief scenes and images meant to shock the audience (i.e., someone whipping themselves as punishment, close-up shots of eels/sea food being killed and prepared for eating, an offscreen death by overheating in a car) that might upset some viewers. Characters drink alcohol, and sometimes are shown in a negative, drunk manner. Expect infrequent uses of smoking and marijuana consumption. Overall, this show creates a great mystery that builds on distrusting every character. Lauren Ambrose, Toby Kebbell, Nell Tiger Free, and Rupert Grint all shine in this one!

JERICHO Is The EMMYS 2020 Award Winning Episode

This is the episode that encapsulates the series SERVANT - full of mystique and revelation and discovery. What is so fascinating about JERICHO is that while there are horrors displayed, what is obvious is left to the imagination. Cringe worthy moments have been the calling card of the series SERVANT, and the episode JERICHO represents all those moments - obvious and implied. JERICHO is finally the episode of SERVANT that I can finally say 'This Is Why I Watch'.