All parent member reviews for Shaun the Sheep

Parent of a 5 year old Written byHalHorvath July 24, 2012

Well done light entertainment, good heart, but 5 yrs and up

This is definitely above average (often really clever humor), and adults can watch and enjoy without cringing because the kids are watching. Would not let a 3-yr-old watch this. 4-yr-olds won't understand much of it, and the 3 bad pigs are somewhat problematic. But by age 5, this is fairly good entertainment, though it doesn't teach much usually. It does have a good heart in the end, and the characters will sometimes show sympathy in a great way, once every episode or two. Pretty good entertainment for the family age 5 and up, and adults won't feel bored.
Parent Written byMamarootoo March 14, 2012

We all laugh out loud!

Hilarious! My husband and I love this show as much as our 3 and 5 year old daughters do! There is some mildly scary situations, but always quick and funny resolutions that keep our very sentitive girls happy. Can't say enough about this show! It's fantastic!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymarceladns March 4, 2011

Fun is brought to you by loving characters

What's a good kids show that is not a torture for parents to watch? well Shaun & his gang of friends. The very simple approach, no dialogs, short stories & simple claymation brings lots of funny moments. We don't get the TV show but rent the collections from our local library and recently purchased the DVD. Shaun is a character my kids keep asking for.
Parent Written byjulicun March 15, 2015

We love Shaun! Great for all ages

My 4 and 6 year old are hooked on this series! I've looked hard to find content that is non-violent (my 4 yo is very sensitive to that) but also well done. The Shaun series is something that both my husband and I actually laugh at when we watch with our kids. It's 100% inoffensive, so I would recommend it wholeheartedly.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 9, 2012

shaun sheep

Families can talk about what it takes to be a leader. Who are some of the leaders you know? What makes them good at what they do? What qualities are important in being an effective leader? Have you ever been put in a position to lead? How did you feel about that responsibility? Families who've seen the Wallace and Gromit shorts/movies can also discuss what this series has in common with them and how it's different.
Parent of a 1, 10, 10, 14, and 15 year old Written bycharmsmatuts February 4, 2012

Good for any age.

It can be a little iffy sometimes. But it's hilarious. Educational, And Really Cute. My kids aren't too old for this yet. They watch it with my younger daughter to educate her and make her have fun.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byRose Sims January 4, 2011

Absolutely perfect!!!

Love it! Simple and clean fun. No words are used in the show. Claymation, is obviously not an educational show but even better I think. Pure fun. I love it, my husband loves it, and our daughters love it as do their grandparents. Would and do recommend to all our friends and so far they and their children all love it.
Adult Written byMidnightCresent June 22, 2010

Its a Yawner but its cute

Its not the most intertaning, but I'm glad its on. Somehow it puts me in a good mood and I like the music.
Parent of a 1 and 8 year old Written bySelpetercomb March 15, 2010

He mucks about with those who can not bleat.

No product placement. No fast cuts and flashing animation. Very little talking make it important to get the message implied and not just fed to you. This show is fantastic.
Parent Written byGrandpa Jim February 12, 2010

Enjoy the mischief.

My grandson likes this show. I enjoy the mischief of Shaun and how they pull the wool over the farmer's eyes. In the end everything is always put right and Shaun makes sure that the sheepdog Bitzer stays in the good graces of the farmer.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bymwbarker January 15, 2010

Great fo all ages

We absolutely love this show! Great for kids and adults alike.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 1, 2009