Parent reviews for Signing Time

Signing Time Poster Image

Love it!

My son loves this! it teaches good values (sharing, washing hands, ect) plus it is very engaging for kids of all ages and adults will love watching the child learn good values while learning a new language.

A simple and fun way to learn some sign language

Here is why I value this show. When I was young I was hard of hearing and wore hearing aids. Luckily for me I can hear well enough to "fit in" with the hearing folks. I was in a class for deaf and hard of hearing kids. I was the only one in that class who didn't know sign language and I wasn't taught since I could talk well enough to be understood(that depends on who you ask, trust me). I wanted to learn but our teacher was too overworked and didn't have the time. I wish a show like Signing Time had existed back then. The program is very simple, there is no stupidity or annoying jokes. It does have a frog called Hopkins, which is a cartoon frog. There is singing and lots of signing. None of the songs annoyed me, they are sung by Rachel and she incorporates the signs/words we learn throughout the program into the song. Words I learned to sign while watching the show that I can still recall at the moment are: Year, wind, snow, chilly, play, warm. The episodes I viewed were themed and dealt with weather and seasons. I wish this show would have been around thirty years ago, then perhaps I could have enjoyed a conversation with my classmates. I would recommend this series for families and friends of children who are deaf or communicate through sign language and especially for students who have a deaf classmate.

Great Show

This is a really good show for any age kid my kids love it. It teaches very imporent lessons.

Great for School and Home

My 1-2nd grade classroom loved it as did my daughter who will be 3 soon. Highly recommended as something for all educators who teach primary and for anyone wishing to help develop your signing. I still would probably not put my child under 2 in front of it because TV is not recommended for children under 2. As a parent you can watch it and learn it and teach it to your children under 2.

Fantastic children's series!

We have enjoyed the Signing Time! series in our home for the last 5 years. Our children and their friends absolutely love these shows and they come away learning more than just the ASL vocabulary. Some of the things my kids have learned on ST are colors, numbers, ABC's, and manners.

A Must See for all ages

Exciting,enteractive and entertaining video series to learn ASL for any age. It helped my son to be able to communicate when he language was not clear and it helped me to learn a new way to communicate with others.

Perfect educational television!

Signing Time! is a terrific educational series for children of all ages. Our children love watching and it is one of the few shows that we enjoy watching with them. We know that they are learning, engaged, and entertained!

Signing Time Rocks!

Signing Time has a special place in my heart because I have seen the amazing effect it has children. I use Signing Time in my classroom as well as in my home. My students and grandchildren have all increased their language and communication skills, reading skills, social skills and self-confidence while falling in love with Rachel, Alex and Leah. I recommend it highly for people of all ages.

A must-try program

Whether teaching a hearing child who is a pre-verbal infant, a non-verbal child with disabilities or a child who wants to learn ASL as a second language, Signing Time has yet to reach its potential as a mainstream parenting tool. What I like about this show is that it reaches children with diverse learning styles. Where I normally would not stick my child in front of the television to watch shows that are mind-numbing entertainment, this show actually encourages interaction through signing, singing, speaking and moving. I found that parents are actually as engaged in the show as the child and feel that this interaction between parent and child is priceless.