Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 304 parent reviews

Sort by:

Funny!

Awesome show!. Yes, it has sex, smoking, and lost of cussing but some episodes actually have messages. If your kid is 10 or older they should be able to handle it.

10 people found this helpful.

Wow, what a great show!

Here's what I have to say. The show is amazing. Highly recommend for 13 and up. Just make sure your teens don't imitate it.

8 people found this helpful.

My review

this show is not that bad, yes it has swears and violence but is it really worse than what kids see every day in the news and out in public? no it is not it's a tv show that's all if your kid is 11 they should be able to handle it.

8 people found this helpful.

Im hip wit' the homies

Liam loves this show! Liam is graduating 2nd grade in May! He's such a big boy!

Good one

Hope teens enjoy it, It must be for 16+

Amazing!

South Park is not that bad for kids 10 and up, they will understand most of the topics. Anything that is too bad you can tell them what it is

4 people found this helpful.

Great show as long as children are properly talked to about South Park's content

I've been watching South Park since I was 17 (I'm now 21) and here's my take. South Park is an adult satirical comedy featuring four elementary aged children and the unusual happenings in the small town in Colorado. The series does feature crude language and a sense of dark humor that may not be everyone's type. This series is meant to offend, everyone and everything is made fun of or satirized. Some episodes have more language and mature content than others. There are scenes that feature violence and sex, but nothing to the extremes and those scenes are generally short-lived. On the other hand, South Park takes on modern-day issues and offers social commentary. There are episodes that feature U.S. immigration issues (25.01), use of racial slurs (11.01), U.S. elections/politics (08.08), and more. All episodes have a strong message in them, you just need to look past the dark humor and suggestive language. The children in the series are foul-mouthed and crude, while the adults are not good role models. This series is to show people what they shouldn't be. For instance, Trey Parker and Matt Stone (creators of the show) create characters like Eric Cartman to show audiences what not to be. This show is not meant for young children, but it can be shown to a mature 12+ year old audience as long as there are conversations about the content they just watched. As long as they know that what they see is what they should not replicate in real-life, I think it's a good show to watch. I mean, it is 2023. What HAVEN'T your children seen on the internet or television? I'd recommend pre-watching a few episodes before showing them to your children. Overall, it's a great show but needs proper context and conversations before allowing them to watch the episodes.

3 people found this helpful.

As a person who grew up watching South Park (it was my mom's favorite TV show and now it's mine) I would let kids 13+ watch it. But I also grew up around cursing, pot heads, cigarette smokers, and some adult humor Also I hope you guys know that there's a lot of innuendos in kids cartoons (especially SpongeBob SquarePants)
3 people found this helpful.

It is not bad as I expected

Although I started watching South Park at the age of 13, I let my kids watch the television program since they were 8. Since I am from Indonesia, South Park use to be aired in TV channels like SCTV, RCTI and RTV. It may have bad words but there are some positive messages. I encouraje you to let your children watch South Park.

Funny

Just a good show

2 people found this helpful.