Kid reviews for Spirit Riding Free

Courage, adventure, and a great role model in sweet series.

Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2017

Good show with good messages

Spirit Riding Free has good messages with times if peril.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPaige Edwards December 3, 2017

WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byHorseLoverSpirit September 16, 2017
This is a great show even if you have not seen the original. I have seen the original and I was very skeptical of this but then I started to watch it and I quite enjoyed it. It is a different take than the original but has its charm. I would not say that it is a as good as the original but is ok.

Teen, 16 years old Written byAnna_289 October 6, 2017

"The spirit that could not be broken"

I thought the horse couldn't be broken?!? Adults tried it and failed but a kid breaks it just by feeding it an apple? The show is good for kids but they should've put more effort into 'breaking' the horse like in the film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmmaw10 June 28, 2017

Ehhhh

To be completely honest this show ruined the movie for me. But it is a good show for those who love horses.
Kid, 10 years old February 10, 2018

About Spirit Riding Free

Hello, All, I am going to tell you about a short television show called Spirit Riding Free. You should know that everything is appropriate in this review. I hope you enjoy. Also I do not think age matters but I have to add age here. Spirit Riding Free is a story about a girl named Lucky who has to move from the city. She meets a wild horse on the train ride to her new home which she names Spirit. Every day Lucky sees Spirit and eventually the two of them become best friends forever and bond very well. Spirit becomes Lucky's horse. When home she meets two already best friends named Prue and Abigail. She also becomes friends with them. At first the three teenagers do not get along. But once Lucky figures out that they ride horses the three click instantly over their interests. Together the three of them go on scary adventures and overcome their fears with their horses. There is a little bit of violence in this. The three girls and there horses, Spirit, Boomerang, and Chica Linda almost get killed in some episodes but the author swears that they will always be alright. There is only a little bit of violence and nothing that a few kids cannot handle. There is never blood shown. In terms of sex there is nothing. Everything is nice and clean. I highly recommend this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpacething7474 February 19, 2018

Can someone tell why this is 3D?

DreamWorks has made a lot of 2D series. Why is it that the 1 CGI series they have is based upon a 2D movie? The movie was bad, but this is trash. It's a shame this wasn't in flash like the other shows.

Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2018

Wonderful Show!

Girls ages 5-12 will love this show. Their are bullies, wild animals, and an annoying little brother, but nothing that should deter parents away from letting their kids watch this cute TV show.

Teen, 16 years old Written byKatTheMovieLover May 29, 2018

Disappointed.

Have you ever seen the actual movie? Like. The original? No? I have. Spirit the horse is not SUPPOSED to be TAMED, FENCED IN, or RIDDEN, or MAKE BONDS. He is a WILD HORSE!!! He was one at the beginning of the movie, and was one at the end. This show is shameful. You're slapping Spirit in the face with this, as well as the people who'be seen the movie, AS WELL AS the people who were involved in the making of the movie. Rethink before any of you watch this. Don't watch it. Go watch the movie. It's better and doesn't try too hard to appease children so much that it DESTORYS THE MORALS AND LIVES AND ORIGNAL PERSONALITES OF THE CHARACTERS.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySamantha_renee01 July 29, 2018

Awful Awful Awful

The original Spirit was a beautiful story with breathtaking hand-drawn art and realisim that to this day is a top 3 in my favorite movies. This show is an embarrasment. The cgi looks terrible and the show makes no sense. The show was made to pander to the 'horse crazy girls' trope and? Its 2018. Can we just let kids like what they like? The show is called riding free but the horse doesn't care about freedom at all. In the original movie Spirit was SPIRITED. And you could see that he did not understand humans and that he just wanted them to leave so his family and his home would be safe. This horse is not like that. He doesn't care about being free. I don't like it at all and it is an embarrassment to the original masterpiece. Save some time and watch something else. This is awful.

Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2018

Really good.

This is a great TV show that me and my friends love watching. Some people may say that it is unrealistic, but its a show for kids so why do all the facts have to be completely perfect? It is really funny and after a few episodes I loved the characters a lot. You may have watched the movie first and decided that the show is just a rip off from the movie, But I don't agree with that. some people say that the horses are unrealistic but that's okay-this is a fictional show. some grownups may not like it, but most kids won't judge it immediately by something like that. I personally love this show and can not wait for the next season to come out. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byLeona Rogers August 10, 2018

Not Accurate and Rebellious.

As an equestrian I can tell you that basically nothing you see in the show is safe for kids to do with horses, you should never approach a horse you don’t know as they could bite you, you should never get on a horse by your self if you’ve never ridden and never ride a green horse if you’re a green rider, which they all do in the show. Aside from the safety part, the girls are all very rebellious and do things without telling their parents. One of the little girls I baby sit isn’t allowed to watch that show, and she’s pretty much allowed to watch anything else because she started saying she’d run away and she didn’t want to be with the parents anymore right free she watched it. If your kid isn’t like that than sure give it a try but honestly this show wouldn’t be good for anynore under 7 or 8.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCat53 November 7, 2018

A sweet good series

Spirit riding free is a great show. The friendship between the pals is beautiful.And the learning and development of the girls is really good. In quite a few reviews aspeceliy the parents reviews there is a lot of. Talk about how it is in age appropriate.manliy because of the cliff hangers at the end of seasons. Aspeceliy the one at the end of season 2.That confuses me a lot because a lot of the reviews have been of really young kids like 3 4 and 5.And saying it not inappropriate for the age and it's made for the age.But it's not its rated PG witch means parental Guardians under 15.So it's not made for really young kids. And as you get older cliff hangers get fun. It's not the shows fault it wasn't made for really young kids. I'd say 8 or nine plus. I'm 14 and love it. And there's quite a mature topics.I mean I know that snips and things a younger. But there a lot of older topics. I sorry riding free and cand can,t wait for season 7!

Kid, 8 years old November 6, 2018

Awesome show!

Hello everyone. Spirit riding free is a great television cartoon with amazing characters, but (there is a but), there is a marginal amount of violence, like for instance…… there is one scene where Spirit is attacked by a mountain lion and the scene is a bit bloody and there is a kidnapper in it and explosions. And Episode four, Season six does end with Lucky and Javier (who are like 13) kissing!(which I am sure parents won’t be very happy about) but still it is a good show and a lot more kids should watch it. Though in some of the episodes the main characters are a little mean to character Snips who is one of the main character’s little brother who is kind of a brat sometimes but he’s six. And Lucky’s mom dies(thank goodness not in any of the episodes). Lucky does a lot of good things in the episodes (which I really like.) Spirit riding free is a great show for adults too like my parents love it but a lot more grownups should watch it and I know they won’t like to admit it but they will like it.

Kid, 9 years old August 18, 2018

Great.

I LOVE this show, and I was very much awaiting more. There is a bit of peril, and a tiny bit of gore when (SPOILER ALERT) Spirit gets attacked by a bobcat. And (SPOILER ALERT) there is 1 or 2 kisses. But there are a ton of cliff hangers that leave you on the edge of your seat that make is so much better. I just think for if you kid is sensitive watch with them so you can explain a lot. I also do not agree with Joe H. 16 and up?! Really? I was about seven when I watched that episode, and I'm pretty sensiteve.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycharlotte04 August 18, 2018

This is a great show!!!

Spirit Riding Free is a great tv show for anyone over 6 or 7!! Parents have no need to be worried about this shows content!! Lucky and Spirit have a very special bond!! They go on adventures with Luckys best friends Pru and Abigail and their horses. Some things you might want to consider are: • That there is some violence but nothing extreme. • Some episodes can be slightly scary to younger children but nothing out of the ordinary!! • Also Lucky does kiss Javier in season six which is the most adult-ish part of the whole series! • There are some near deaths. • The only other thing would be that at the end of season 4 and start of season 5 lucky runs away and lies to her family. Don’t be put off by any of that though, Luckys intentions are always good, she is confident, courageous, and kindhearted, and she chooses her friends based on similar positive qualities. Her father encourages her to be true to herself while still welcoming adventure into her life!! Spirit Riding Free is no different from other shows your kids watch, except for the fact it is a beautiful and unique series that your kids (and probably you also) will love!! I highly recommend it despite the bad reviews it has got!!! Enjoy this show!!!!!!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byAndrewMUR August 17, 2018

Season 6 episode 4

The end part has Lucky and Jaivier

Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2018

Review On Spirit: Riding Free

Based on the books, Spirit: Riding Free is bout a girl who lives in the city, but then has to move to the country due to a conductor her grandpa's railroad business being killed on the railway track. The girl (Lucky's) dad, Jim, has to take over in a country called Miradero. On the train ride to Lucky's new home, she finds a stallion who is then caught by ropes right in front of her eyes. Together, they meet at their destination and struggle with living in a new area together. Lucky also meets two girls and when they all become friends, the adventure starts. The girls hide from bears, hangout with cougars, help foals, struggle with snobs, and much more. This loving series shows the importance of friendship, and not only with humans. With horses, too. Some people criticise this tv show, due to scary stuff, violence and much more. But due to my experience as a kid with very free, loving parents I have a firm believe telling your kids the struggles they will face in life is very important. When I get hurt, I laugh. When I get scared, I laugh and as a ten year old, I have experienced this show and the PALS as the best role models ever. They are nothing but creative, fun, and brave. Watching a horse being attacked and having kids cry is not a bad thing. Crying is a way of sharing your emotions and sometimes those emotions are happy ones. Please, do not let crying stop you from watching this amaze show.

Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2018

Fun But Inaccurate

This show is focused on young teens having adventures in a frontier town. There's mild peril from things like mountain lions, snakes and bandits. At one point a horse is injured and shown with scrapes on-screen, and in another episode a different horse dies off-screen, so it might be too much for sensitive viewers. The girl characters are all active and independent, though there are several episodes where they run away or break rules and get into unsafe situations. My biggest issue with the show is the historical setting. I don't expect pure historical accuracy from a kids cartoon, but this thing isn't even in the ballpark. I have no clue what time period it _thinks_ it's set in, but it veers wildly between frontier realities (the main character is denied entry in a horse race because she's a girl, precious medicines are delayed because of a train breakdown) and modern anachronisms (like technology that didn't exist in the old west, or modern values like "going camping"). It's just a baffling mix.