All parent member reviews for Sym-Bionic Titan

Viooooooooolent

Blood,flirts,kills,scariness & voilence
Parent Written byWhatTheyMissed September 30, 2011

Case of an OVERrating?

From my examinations, this should be rated TV-Y7-FV!
Parent Written byGlass-Cheshire May 27, 2011

Great mix of fantasy and realistic situations. 5 Stars!

Wow, I love this show. Admittedly, there are some scenes younger children shouldn't watch, and some are violent, but all around, it's a great program. The younger members of my family love it, and 2 of those members are five. I've actually heard a story from someone that this show stopped them from committing suicide because of some bullying they'd received! If that's not positive, I don't know what is. It has a great story line, and the characters are in believably highschool situations, instead of the cliche stuff we see on other programs. I highly recommend it, and I hope you'll see what I'm talking about by watching some episodes, and not just clips.
Parent Written byCaptainAwesomeoh13 May 27, 2011

Best Cartoon CN Had!

I'm a person that grew up in the 80's and 90's- which is what I concider to be the golden age of cartoons. Now that I'm all grown up and have a daughter of my own, I'm absolutely disgusted with the down right, mind rotting garbage that is being aired these days. I remember the days when cartoons were built around solid story lines and backed by even strong marketing. Those were the good old days. Everything now a days is mostly built around a shallow story with cash cow style marketing. Titan was one of the rare gems that stood out from today's style of cartoons. Is the show violent? Yes. Can it be edgy? Absolutely. Just because it has these elements in it doesn't make it a bad show; quite the contrary, these elements made it an amazing show! Each character is deep with emotional diversity and are almost believable. This adds to the true depth and nature of the show. I see that people have complained about Lance being "too mean" or "not a strong enough of a role model." Lance's character is who he is because of what happened to him in his childhood. The events that transpired with him doesn't amount to the happy kind of guy that you want to be friends with. But if you pay close enough attention to the show, you can see Lance develope as a character and actually starts to lighten up towards the end of the season. I'm not even going to get started on how well they did with Newton- character development at it's finest! Somebody also mentioned that Ilana is "naggy" and that all of the situations are resolved with violence and no diplomacy. Again, if you watch the show, if a situation involved a giant monster, yeah... it's giant fighting robot time! When it comes down to the situations involving the characters themselves, there is open dialog and plenty gets resolved using words. Most action cartoon characters are generic at best and fail against those from Titan. As for the "death" scenes and violence, I see no difference between what is shown on Titan and The Clone Wars series. My favorite show growing up was a cartoon called Exo Squad. In this show, plenty of people died yet nobody complained. My favorite character was even shown being crushed to death by one of the villains. It was a very ballsy scene to show in a cartoon, but it added to its depth and it worked. As for Titan's questionable scenes involving some of the female characters, I see no issue. Everything that was done was done with some manner of taste. Total Drama Island showed CENSORED TEENAGE NUDITY just for the giggles and its 4th season is right around the corner! TDI even had choice language in the show! Titan went out on a limb to steer away from the mainstream and go back to a time when cartoons told a story. I HIGHLY recommend it for its beautiful art style and story. Everything else is second to none.
Adult Written bySaiya-STORY May 27, 2011

Not your average cartoon.

This show teaches morals that newer shows lack these. Not only is the animation stunning, but the character depth is great. Recommended for kids at least 10. Definitely an amazing show that should be renewed. The plot and the character interaction make up for any violence or suggestive themes that may appear in the show.
Parent Written byBogard_0 May 27, 2011

Rated TV-PG For a reason

it is quite Violent and was rated TV-PG for a reason, My family and I sat down to watch this as a family. Illana gives positive messages to kids and is a Strong role Model for girls of all ages. We never missed an episode I highly recommend if you have teen kids.
Adult Written byspark300c January 4, 2011

good action show

The is most iffy scene is a cheerleader dancing around a room. . The show Other than that it good for kids 7+. Poeple do die and that shows the bad things that happen when people do violent actions. It give nice message and life lessons, which help character development.
Adult Written bypugfarts December 5, 2010

horribly written. senseless.

The series is absolutely full of mixed messages. The male protagonist that the apparent target audience (boys 7-13) will undoubtedly look to as a role model is entirely irresponsible, irrationally violent, and antisocial, among other negative traits. Background characters (soldiers etc) are constantly dying as a result of him losing his cool. The female voice of reason does nothing but nag, to little effect as all situations are eventually resolved with violence. This isn't to say situations cant be resolved with violence. I'm a big fan of violence, but there has to be some rationale behind it. Frankly, the show is badly written. The situation is this. The main characters are alien refugees running from a bad guy who can send huge destructive monsters after them once a week. The 'heroes' take refuge on earth, unwittingly bringing all this death and destruction with them. You would think they would at least attempt to lead the bad guy away from densely populated areas, but instead they opt to remain where they are, causing mass genocide. The series finale summed it up best though, when they are captured by an earth defense agency that simply asks "why are you here? what do you want?" and the 'heroes' response is to shoot a lot of soldiers and run away without saying anything. seriously. what the hell? It's like having someone invade your home, break your furniture, and every time you try to figure out what he wants he attacks you. I'm a fan of the guy who made this show, which makes it all this a very disappointing situation.
Adult Written byDDDDDWWWWW November 25, 2010

Too dark for kids

I think that the show isn't really a bad show. I find it quite appealing in many ways. However, given the violence, and inducement of fear, it is unfit for say, an 8 yr. old, which is what it is rated for. The biggest reason I feel this way is because of its scenes of violence. Deaths are not only presumed, but are indeed shown for all they're worth. One episode (I believe it is number 2), shows Modula, the main villain, pick an opposing soldier up by the thorat, breaks his neck, and drops him to the floor. There is also an episode in which people are shown drowning in a river while groaning and crying for help. This kind of material is not age appropriate. The show also operates mostly in dark color contrast and many topics, along with plot, speech, and other aspects are very dark. I think that if the show could just ease up on its level of what one may even call, morbidness, I think that it could be a very entertaining program suitable for all ages. Also, just to throw one wild bone out there, the main male character, Lance, is cool I gues.... but I think that he is greatly lacking in the 'role model' field. Well, this is just the opinion of an 18 year old boy, man, or whatever you want to call me. I just felt very strongly about what I saw on a kids network one night that I still know to be the home of classics such as Scooby-Doo. Anyways, just be cautious. Peace.
Adult Written byNeyer November 19, 2010

Great!

This is a great show. Aside from the few episodes that dealt with the death of a loved one (as illustrated in the episode where they find the cut squid and end up having to let it die in space) or the most recent one where there is a whole section of nothing but a 'sexy' cheerleader dancing around a room with a massive wedgie and hips that aren't possible, the show is massively positive and the characters attempt to blend in to their high school setting by making friends and respecting their differences. We won't be missing this show.
Parent of an infant and 4 year old Written byMatt Springer November 15, 2010