Parent reviews for Team Umizoomi

Team Umizoomi Poster Image

Fun, Simple, & Educational

Cute show with fun songs, basic math reasoning, and simple problem solving. Heck, my kids love making patterns because of Milli! It’s one that I can turn on and not worry at all about what my kids are watching. Even the occasional “bad guys” are relatively benign and make amends/learn something at the end of the episodes. It’s colorful, fun, and engaging without being super overstimulating. And as a perk, since the “bad guys” aren’t that bad and none of the characters are annoying, my kids haven’t picked up annoying behaviors or phrases from this show. :) Also I friggin love Donovan Patton (voices Bot on Umizoomi and plays Joe on Blues Clues + the reboot ) Anyway, UmiZoomi has been in our show rotation for 2 years (since we had a 2.5 year old, 1 year old, and newborn! Screen time limits go out the window during the winter in the middle of a pandemic haha). It’s a fun show. Your kids won’t become mathematicians but they will learn some shapes, numbers, and patterns!

Good starter show

Fun show for 4-5 year olds. Doesn't teach much math or anything else really, but fun to watch and easy to follow.

Never too Young

My daughter isn’t even 2 yet and loves this show! Yeah she tunes in and out cause she’s barely 15 months old but when she’s tuned in, she tries singing along and talking the characters. And as for one reviewer who said the team was looking for a 7-sided shape and kept calling it a hexagon...this was in Season 2 Episode 8...the team was clearly saying heptagon (which is indeed a 7-sided shape) so no, the team was not incorrect at any point in the episode. And as for the gender color issue... my daughter’s favorite color is blue, so you’d think her fave character would be Geo, yet Millie is actually her favorite. So I don’t think there’s a gender color issue. Regarding the names of the team members, I personally think the play on words is fun. I don’t think kids would actually enjoy the show if their fave characters had difficult or boring names. If Bot was just called Robot, or if Millie was called Millimeter, or Geo was called Geometry kids would be less interested and put off. The names are also simple and way easier for little kids to say...which if I remember correctly, this show is directed at kids...not grown ups. My daughter loves the show, it’s very educational, fun, innovative, family friendly, and supports teamwork, friendly behavior, and kindness.

So great for number sense!

As an upper elementary teacher, I wish some of my students had watched this foundational show. The concepts addressed with the number line, counting up and down from various numbers and the concept of measurement are just some of the skills older kids are missing nowadays. This builds strong number sense, which is why it’s a must in our house and why we started it when my daughter turned 2. She is almost 4 now.

My Twins Learn So Much

My two year old twins have learned so much from this show. One of them can already count to 20 and do basic adding and subtracting and my 4 year old can identify even the trickiest of shapes. My kids have watched a lot of educational shows but I don't think any others have been as noticeably impactful as Umizoomi

2 year old loves it

educational and cute :) happy to have found it

Enjoyable and Educational

Team Umizoomi, though annoying for older kids and adults, is fun, sweet and educational for young children. The characters are good role models and teach basic math skills. This is a show that I'm happy for my toddler to watch.

Not as good as I presumed!

So my granddaughter was watching an episode of this show when the team needed to escape through a hexagon. Did you know according to them a hexagon has seven sides? I couldn’t believe what I was hearing when they then counted to seven and said “yeah, a hexagon” NO MORE UMIZOOMI!

Educational & fun

I think the people who are complaining about gender stereotypes are nuts. Kids are not going to think they cant do stuff just because the girl shape character wears a pink dress. The show is cute and educational. Better than a lot of other shows out there.