All parent member reviews for Teen Titans Go!

Adult Written byApolitical989 April 27, 2013

For the casual fans, not for the hardcore

I felt the same way as having Young Justice cancelled, but in the end, WB Animation is trying to please us as they could. Fortunately, as a fan of the original series, I gave this a try. When you watch it the second time, it's not going to make you laugh hard. I mean, like others said, the animation lacks castshadows and the content wasn't that great. The best part is that the original cast reprise their roles. Keep in mind that this isn't for the hardcore fans. I always love the original because it still has the humor and the drama. The first two 11 minute episodes will be explained and beware the spoilers: The Legendary Sandwich/Pie Bros - Okay, The Legendary Sandwich started out that Raven likes Pretty Pretty Pegasus, an obvious parody of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic which Tara Strong (Raven) voiced in as Twilight Sparkle. So, the rest of the Teen Titans besides Raven are looking for the ingredients for the sandwich. Robin ends up at the supermarket which includes the typical humorous part of waiting, Starfire ends up in some planet to find a tomato, Beast Boy ends up underground to get the lettuce while Cyborg is at some lava lake to retrieve a bacon. In the end, Silkie ate the sandwich and spits it out. The only best part that made me laugh is when Robin waiting at the supermarket. The rest is silly and became quite a nuisance. Starfire cares about her hair? That's really not quite like her before. I know that the true Starfire really does not care about her hair. The jokes remain there, but the rest... I don't know. Pie Bros started out when Beast Boy drew a picture for Cyborg's birthday. The whole gang were at Mother Mae Eye's pie shop, so they hung out there while Raven lost her appetite. Cyborg wanted a new video game for his birthday and Beast Boy ends up with a job to earn extra cash for it. He tried many jobs, but started working for Mother Mae Eye instead. At the party, Cyborg as well as Beast Boy started fighting with pie and reconciled after. However, the other three Titans were captured by Mother Mae Eye to make pie out of them, then came out back alive after some remains of them being eaten by Cyborg and Beast Boy. In the end, Mother Mae Eye is captured, Robin, Starfire and Raven are alive. Cyborg and Beast Boy... wow. They didn't realize it's really people inside the pies. Pie Bros? Still, people call friends, bros? Whatever happened to brah, brother, lad, holmes or homie? The Duck Duck Goose game Starfire made up looks a big screwy moment. Funny thing is I remember that this "getting a job" plot is similar to when Beast Boy is trying to get a moped of his own, but started working in a Meaty Meat fast-food restaurant that is being actually made out of space tofu. This episode wasn't cut up in being good or bad. Cyborg isn't crying like a man while Beast Boy cries like a drama queen. Seriously? Unfortunately, after watching this twice, I realized the writers aren't trying hard enough. Seeing Beast Boy doing janitorial work made me chuckle, but Cyborg laughing hard at Beast Boy made me laugh along. I'm only reviewing the first episodes, but when I get to the season finale, I'll give out a full-fledged review. So far, the first two wasn't as much, it's just definitely for the casuals. The fans of the original cartoon aren't expecting this and I am trying to be unbiased as possible. Right now, don't judge too quickly. Score: 3/5
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 25, 2013

Funny remake!

New looks, more funny moments, and simpler animation makes this remake of the original Teen Titans show surprisingly watchable! It focuses less on battles between heroes vs. villains, and more on friendship issues. You're not likely to find any other superhero series that actually focuses on these types of scenarios that kids can copy for their every-day situations! So parents, this is a good pick for your superhero fanatic kids!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy May 10, 2013

Not bad.

This is a funny remake of Teen Titans. It crazy funny. The animation is great too. Kids will love it.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byNK17 July 2, 2013

The stupid sequel

I do not know much about TTG but it looks very dull and stupid makeover of an ACTUALLY GOOD cartoon, CN being one of 3 channels I watch (others being Comedy Central and msnbc) I am very limited but these shows are just annoying on modern cn, they are ugly, uncreative and crap
Parent of a 8, 9, and 9 year old Written byOhHeyGirlll August 1, 2013

Not off to a good start...

I knew going into this it wasn't going to be anywhere near as good as the original Teen Titans TV series. But it's a direct follow-up to it and character motivations, back stories, etc. have been scrapped in favor of weak jokes. Some will compare this to the Looney Toons show. I don't blame them for the comparison as that show is extremely polarizing, but I'd like to add that The Looney Toons Show does a few things right from time to time and does have more hits than misses in my opinion. Teen Titans Go! is the exact opposite. On it's debut episode it made me laugh all of one time (the joke where Beast Boy gives Cyborg his drawing for a Birthday Present in the middle of an argument and a pie fight). The show is corny as all get out and it was almost physically painful to watch Raven be a fan of a My Little Pony clone (get it?? Because she's all dark and broody, she shouldn't be playing with those!!) Some might call me pessimistic and judging the show prematurely based on one episode. Maybe I'm just a loser who can't get over the fact that it's not like the show it's following up to and I can't handle change. My rebuttals are as follows, I've read the Teen Titans comics (Which are very different from the show) and I didn't mind the changes they made for the 2003 series. I'm judging it harshly from the first episode because that is the episode they decided was good enough to be the debut episode to the series, the introduction and the episode that's supposed to pull you in and make you want to see the next one. I can tell there's not going to be any established continuity from episode to episode so if this is the episode they want everyone to see first...it's doomed to fail. They took Young Justice off the air for this garbage people, if you have never seen Young Justice you are doing yourself a complete disservice by not watching it. Do me a favor and watch that series, then come back to Beastboy and Cyborg singing a song about Pie and tell me why it's a good idea that this show is on the air now instead. In summation, I'd recommend skipping this show and signing every petition you can to bring Young Justice back on the air as well as giving Teen Titans a proper follow up.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byIlliniguy34 September 30, 2013

Teen Titans Go is the worst thing ever made

It is unfunny, disrespectful to the original source material, and treats it's audience like morons. Kids aren't stupid, especially THIS stupid. Nothing works for this show, it sucks. There was one episode that teaches kids that pranks are hilarious, even when your friends get killed by them. Stay as far away from this as possible. If you see your kids watching it, turn the tv off and make them do chores or homework. Simple as that.
Adult Written byLòótoReviwer January 25, 2015

DON'T WATCH THIS SHOW!

This show has too much humor and not enough action. Steer away from this show!
Parent Written byJayce8654 January 22, 2015

Been watching since debut

My sons have been watching Teen Titans Go, wander over yonder, sanjay and craig, adventure time, regular show, clarence, uncle grandpa, 'gumball', gravity falls, etc, etc for a long time. I have DVR'ed several episodes of several childrens shows and embarked on an experiment to watch them all. And I did so. I once believed these shows were all harmless and created equal. I also know my child could be watching Family Guy or playing Grand Theft Auto. Its also relevant that the days of childrens shows have changed drastically and dramatically. Teen Titans Go is my new favorite next to Amazing World of Gumball. Its silly, goofy, funny, and entertaining. They have fun and its very mild in all regards. Your childs maturity and intelligence level should be a factor as well. However, mostly this is a great show for kids. The superhero's are great. Their is a strong female presence great for both gender of children. I really enjoyed the story and some of the humor. I have watched and reviewed all shows mentioned above. It is easy to call this one my favorite. It is easy to say which ones mentioned are awful. Thanks
Parent of a 6, 10, and 14 year old Written byKako January 19, 2015

Why?

Stupidity and crudity abound in every show on Cartoonetwork, and this one isn't an exception. Sickening, unoriginal garbage.
Educator Written byFun watcher May 22, 2014

Fun that goes too far

As much as I love Teen Titans Go! and the original, I found TTG encouraged bad behaviour. At the end of most episodes the Titans benefited from being cruel or cheating, never learning their lesson. Not every show has to have a happy ending, but when you are gearing the colours and humour to a young audience, impressionable young children would be getting the wrong message if they don't understand the irony. For example, in the episode Artful Dodgers, the Titans lose, so they cheat and ultimately win. The saying "cheaters never prosper" is employed, but in the end it is proven untrue. Funny and ironic for older children, but not appropriate for anyone who doesn't know any better.