All parent member reviews for Teen Wolf

Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bymaireadsmama June 7, 2013

I disagree - this is not okay for younger teens

I'm not sure how many episodes the adults have watched who've reviewed this show and rated it ok for 12 year-olds. I've now watched the first six episodes of the first season, and I find the sexual content to be way beyond what I'd be comfortable having a twelve year-old watch. The main characters' relationship, while it is caring, is supposed to be between two 16 year olds and is primarily focused on the physical. After one date, the girl's friend advises her to make sure she has condoms, and tells her to "just give him a taste." Same girl, called out for pretending to be bad at bowling "strictly for (her boyfriend's) benefit, says, "Trust me - I do plenty of sucking strictly for his benefit." Girlfriend encourages boy to take off her clothes. I could go on. Am I mistaken in thinking this is all way too much about sex for young teens and tweens?
Adult Written byXPURPLElemonadex June 5, 2012

Can't miss it!

I'm 17 and I love this show. It is a little violent on the dead bisected bodies and blood front, but other than that it's really good. Season 2 is a little steamier than Season 1 with some make out sessions that made even me blush. Really funny, gripping teen drama. One to watch.
Adult Written bySpartyon June 14, 2011

Teen Wolf Series pretty good

I really like this show it's pretty good maybe scary for some with blood & dead bodies. And it deals with what teens go through in life at that time there first love friends etc.
Educator and Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byrobdrescher August 18, 2014

Going against the norm

After watching some episodes, and I'll watch a couple more, I'm a little concerned on some of the messages. To make sure I wasn't being overly critical, I met with a group of teenagers and asked them their real opinions of the show. I also though it pertinent to give my background, so parents know where I'm coming from. Attended several private schools, a boarding school from Elementary to HS, and of course a university, I was exposed to quite a variety of issues and situations. Some military background and the Director of Technology for a private school, I've seen it all. My daughter, being interested in the show, I decided I'd check it out, before she got hooked on it and a show down might ensue. After watching a few episodes, I join the concern of a fellow parent poster. Teenage girls shouldn't be telling their friends to make sure to have some condoms handy. Yes, kids might talk about that in school, but it's not something 13 year olds need to see and think about regularly watching a tv series, regardless of their maturity level. "They don't show much "Sex" I'm told. Any "Sex" is not ok for my 13 year old daughter. Drinking? The kids are not 21, so why have drinking? Realistic? Really? Just because everyone is doing it, doesn't mean it's ok to show over and over. Murder, with no sense of remorse. Blackmail? So far, I do not find it an appropriate show for 13 year olds. What amazes me is how many kids under 13 are commenting on the show. Where are the parents? I'm for one, not going to take advice from a 10 year old. With all that being said, I sat down with my class and asked the 11th graders, what they thought of the show and what age it should be rated at. I was surprised that most of the girls in the class said it should not be viewed by anyone not in HS. The guys on the other hand, said they think 15 is ok for the show, but most of them said if they had siblings at 13, they would not let them watch it. But decide for yourself, but remember to challenge yourself and remember your child will be watching this show. Does this mean I wouldn't let my 15 yr old daughter watch a movie with me with some mature scenes? No. As I would be able to discuss those scenes with her, and it's a single "movie" and not something they watch over and over alone. Their is a difference. I'm also mature enough to know when a show is NOT ok for my self as well. Yes, I'm mature enough to know that there are some things inappropriate for adults as well. I hope this helps. Again, judge for yourself.
Adult Written byHollyworld April 20, 2014

Terrific teen series - use your judgment with your tween

As an adult woman, I love this show. It is my new "Buffy", with great character arcs, angsty romance, solid writing and acting, fun special effects and fights and strong female characters. Dylan O'Brien is especially talented, and it's fun to watch his dark turn in Season 3. Some tweens will be ready for this show, some will not. There is violence, in the sense that there are great choreographed fight scenes, some blood, and deaths. It's not gory and graphic, but if you have a sensitive 11 or 12 year old, it might be too much. If your kid watched Hunger Games without flinching, they can watch this show. My 11 year old daughter watches and loves it, but she is pretty sophisticated in her viewing and knows it is all storytelling and fantasy, so she can deal. I actually thought the swearing and sex would be worse since it's an MTV show. I was pleasantly surprised at the mildness on both fronts. If your 12 year old doesn't know the facts of life yet, then maybe it's too much. If so, and they are ever around older kids (older siblings, older grades at school), then they've probably heard a lot worse than what's on this show. I can understand why some reviewers think it's appropriate for older teens, but it truly depends on the maturity and sensitivity of your own child. I would rather have her watch this quality show, depicting caring relationships, including important parent roles, exploring the meaning of leadership and loyalty, listening to clever dialogue, than some of the crappy shows on Disney.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byMelissa D. February 17, 2014

Teen Wolf is good for older teens

I think giving this a 13 for appropriate is wrong. There's plenty of sexual content in this show. Because the show is on MTV the commercials are risque and I would recommend watching on Netflix or DVR so you can speed through the commercials that are equally not appropriate.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Teen wolf 2011 t.v. series

good show, werewolf and omega series is entertaining.