All parent member reviews for Teen Wolf

Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bymaireadsmama June 7, 2013

I disagree - this is not okay for younger teens

I'm not sure how many episodes the adults have watched who've reviewed this show and rated it ok for 12 year-olds. I've now watched the first six episodes of the first season, and I find the sexual content to be way beyond what I'd be comfortable having a twelve year-old watch. The main characters' relationship, while it is caring, is supposed to be between two 16 year olds and is primarily focused on the physical. After one date, the girl's friend advises her to make sure she has condoms, and tells her to "just give him a taste." Same girl, called out for pretending to be bad at bowling "strictly for (her boyfriend's) benefit, says, "Trust me - I do plenty of sucking strictly for his benefit." Girlfriend encourages boy to take off her clothes. I could go on. Am I mistaken in thinking this is all way too much about sex for young teens and tweens?
Educator and Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byrobdrescher August 18, 2014

Going against the norm

After watching some episodes, and I'll watch a couple more, I'm a little concerned on some of the messages. To make sure I wasn't being overly critical, I met with a group of teenagers and asked them their real opinions of the show. I also though it pertinent to give my background, so parents know where I'm coming from. Attended several private schools, a boarding school from Elementary to HS, and of course a university, I was exposed to quite a variety of issues and situations. Some military background and the Director of Technology for a private school, I've seen it all. My daughter, being interested in the show, I decided I'd check it out, before she got hooked on it and a show down might ensue. After watching a few episodes, I join the concern of a fellow parent poster. Teenage girls shouldn't be telling their friends to make sure to have some condoms handy. Yes, kids might talk about that in school, but it's not something 13 year olds need to see and think about regularly watching a tv series, regardless of their maturity level. "They don't show much "Sex" I'm told. Any "Sex" is not ok for my 13 year old daughter. Drinking? The kids are not 21, so why have drinking? Realistic? Really? Just because everyone is doing it, doesn't mean it's ok to show over and over. Murder, with no sense of remorse. Blackmail? So far, I do not find it an appropriate show for 13 year olds. What amazes me is how many kids under 13 are commenting on the show. Where are the parents? I'm for one, not going to take advice from a 10 year old. With all that being said, I sat down with my class and asked the 11th graders, what they thought of the show and what age it should be rated at. I was surprised that most of the girls in the class said it should not be viewed by anyone not in HS. The guys on the other hand, said they think 15 is ok for the show, but most of them said if they had siblings at 13, they would not let them watch it. But decide for yourself, but remember to challenge yourself and remember your child will be watching this show. Does this mean I wouldn't let my 15 yr old daughter watch a movie with me with some mature scenes? No. As I would be able to discuss those scenes with her, and it's a single "movie" and not something they watch over and over alone. Their is a difference. I'm also mature enough to know when a show is NOT ok for my self as well. Yes, I'm mature enough to know that there are some things inappropriate for adults as well. I hope this helps. Again, judge for yourself.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byMelissa D. February 17, 2014

Teen Wolf is good for older teens

I think giving this a 13 for appropriate is wrong. There's plenty of sexual content in this show. Because the show is on MTV the commercials are risque and I would recommend watching on Netflix or DVR so you can speed through the commercials that are equally not appropriate.
Adult Written byXPURPLElemonadex June 5, 2012

Can't miss it!

I'm 17 and I love this show. It is a little violent on the dead bisected bodies and blood front, but other than that it's really good. Season 2 is a little steamier than Season 1 with some make out sessions that made even me blush. Really funny, gripping teen drama. One to watch.
Adult Written bySpartyon June 14, 2011

Teen Wolf Series pretty good

I really like this show it's pretty good maybe scary for some with blood & dead bodies. And it deals with what teens go through in life at that time there first love friends etc.
Adult Written byHollyworld April 20, 2014

Terrific teen series - use your judgment with your tween

As an adult woman, I love this show. It is my new "Buffy", with great character arcs, angsty romance, solid writing and acting, fun special effects and fights and strong female characters. Dylan O'Brien is especially talented, and it's fun to watch his dark turn in Season 3. Some tweens will be ready for this show, some will not. There is violence, in the sense that there are great choreographed fight scenes, some blood, and deaths. It's not gory and graphic, but if you have a sensitive 11 or 12 year old, it might be too much. If your kid watched Hunger Games without flinching, they can watch this show. My 11 year old daughter watches and loves it, but she is pretty sophisticated in her viewing and knows it is all storytelling and fantasy, so she can deal. I actually thought the swearing and sex would be worse since it's an MTV show. I was pleasantly surprised at the mildness on both fronts. If your 12 year old doesn't know the facts of life yet, then maybe it's too much. If so, and they are ever around older kids (older siblings, older grades at school), then they've probably heard a lot worse than what's on this show. I can understand why some reviewers think it's appropriate for older teens, but it truly depends on the maturity and sensitivity of your own child. I would rather have her watch this quality show, depicting caring relationships, including important parent roles, exploring the meaning of leadership and loyalty, listening to clever dialogue, than some of the crappy shows on Disney.
Parent Written byBellaWolfGirl September 19, 2014

First Episode

Absolutely terrifying half body in the first episode my niece who is thirteen had nightmares for weeks after I will not let my girls watch it until there older!
Parent Written bybonsie July 16, 2015
Its probably an unpopular opinion, but I let my 9, almost 10 year old boy watch this show with me, and he loves it. Hes mature for his age in alot of ways, so he loves the action. The violence is really no worse than alot of the superhero movies, which he also loves. He is uncomfortable with kissing/lovey dovey scenes and hides his head in a pillow whenever it even looks like its about to happen, so I dont really have to worry about him seeing anything inappropriate. Lol and as far as some of the "sexual" comments the characters make, he doesnt really understand them, and doesnt even seem to notice. I find that the characters are actually good kids, who care about eachother, and they have a great dynamic with their parents as well. They are smart, and witty, and all around entertaining. It outweighs the amount of "sexual content" , which really isn't that much.
Adult Written byGeorgia.gem January 1, 2015

Ah-mazing

Personally this is one of my absolute favourite tv shows. It is really entertaining and I believe that it has quite a good story line, especially in the later seasons. The first 2 seasons are suitable for probably a little younger however season 3 part 2 especially deals with quite serious topics which may be hard to comprehend with a younger audience such as mental disorders and such. I believe that it is a brilliant show and as the seasons go it gets better and better however as seasons go it does get a lot darker and revolves less around the idea of high school and romance and more around the idea of death and reveals extreme supernatural scenes which may scare younger viewers. Also, parents need to be aware of the minor sexual references in the show. Even though they are minor, they are still there. However overall I think that it is appropriate for 13 years and up.
Parent Written byhonest_television July 20, 2015

Very Good!

LOVE IT!!!!
Adult Written bygraceatkinss January 13, 2016

depends

okay well i am thirteen and dont seem to have a problem with this show but thats because i have grown up watching shows like this. other 13 year old probably would get scared. the first amd second season arent as bad but the third fourth and now fifth are pretty gory and have quite a bit of horror.
Adult Written byndkscbkdjs December 28, 2015

14 and up, BUT READ BELOW

The characters are put in hard places with tough decisions and many handle them all very well. The main characters try very hard to do what is right. Villains will be villains. The characters that are good but are bad role models (such as Lydia) prove to be good and intelligent individuals who you will learn to love. This show is very interesting and nothing out of the ordinary for any high school aged child. Would I want to be next to my parents for all scenes? No, but that can be expected from most shows. If your child is comfortable with the sex content and knows they can talk to their parent at any time, it should not be an issue. The violence in the show is very scary for some. I would advise someone who has a harder time coping with blood and gore to pass on this show. The first two seasons are in the clear, but the third is when it starts to be hard to watch for some. You are going to want to keep an eye on this show because it is different for all. More mature viewers could watch at age 12 or 13, others are very different. However, there is nothing that should cause immediate alarm in this show.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byChachi G2017 December 8, 2015

Amazing Show

I think this show has a really goog concept and really shows students how to fix there problem with friends and family and shows an amazing background.
Adult Written bySelena3517 September 1, 2015

13+

This is an amazing show that at least an adult should watch with your kids. Besides maybe a few inappropriate scenes, it has supernatural creatures and some intense scenes that are violent. They rarely swear in the show and if they do, you barely notice it. But you have to realize the show is called teen Wolf and it is about a "teen werewolf." And the show is on MTV so there is bound to be something wrong. All in all its a great show with an amazing plot, so if your child likes the supernatural world, this is just right.
Adult Written bymaxale.x June 30, 2015

ONLY FOR MATURE KIDS.

I'm 11 and I watch Teen wolf. I usually watch it with my mum and she thinks i'm mature enough to watch it. Personally, I think it's great but theres a lot of violence and a couple of sex scenes. I defiantly recommend it!
Adult Written byJasmineM 1 April 6, 2015
Parent Written bytardisissocoollike January 4, 2015

Good show for tweens and up

The messages are great. Family and friends are there to help. Some parents may be uncomfortable with the level of cursing ( trust me they arent cursing like sailors) and the makeout scenes but its less than your average PG-13 film. Thus 12 and up My daughter wanted to add that the plot is great and I agree! You should know your child's reaction to violence though.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Teen wolf 2011 t.v. series

good show, werewolf and omega series is entertaining.