All teen and kid member reviews for The Amazing World of Gumball

Teen, 13 years old Written byT.V. Review Cri... May 19, 2011

educational

Actually, I resent that it is not educational. For example, I learned how to put out electrical fires properly (to never use water) but most importantly, to call the fire department. I also learned what can happen when you scrub with the wrong side of a sponge.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN May 20, 2011

Cute new show with cute characters and extremely cute voices makes for a good watch.

Oh my gosh!! This show is my new little-kid-guilty-pleasure show! Recently I've found that a lot of Cartoon Network shows aren't that good at all except for a select few... But I would LOVE to live in the Amazing World of Gumball! All the characters are so cute and have even cuter voices. Especially Alan the Balloon and Banana Joe. The reason my highlight for this show is positive messages is because Gumball, though he doesn't realize it, learns valuable lessons through his mistakes in each episode. This is something I haven't seen from Cartoon Network in a long time. True he may make poor decisions at times, many involving cartoon violence (it isn't too bad), but he still learns from it in the end. If you're not sure about this one, which I can't find a reason as to why you shouldn't be, watch it with them the first time... who knows, you may like it too...
Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2011

A replacement for Chowder winds up as a great idea!

To me this is sort of a replacement for Chowder. The show is awesome! There is some mild cartoon violence which is not really a problem. In one episode, there is frequent discussions about having a boyfriend or a girlfriend. At the end two friends (boys) kiss by accident when trying to kiss a girl. There is also an episode where the main character is nude, but it is blurred. The main character's friend is in love with the main character because she is dressed like a girl because he lost his clothes. This show will make you laugh big time. Well if you are like a tween or something. Although it is not really educational, I did learn something about fires! When there is an electrical fire, you should not use water. You use the fire extinguisher and call the fire department. Other than that, it is just a silly laughs for all cartoon meant for entertaining kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byIceFlamer14 May 18, 2011

Great Show.

This show is great, but here are some things to watch out for: There is violence, but not too much to freak your kids out. There is also humor, and good role models & messages, and the mom always teaches Gumball and Darwin the rights and wrongs, so there is plenty of good messages. Note: In one episode, Gumball was naked, but it was blurred out, don't worry, its not that bad. Personally, I think this show is great!
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2013

I think it good but series in what Gumball nake it bad!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 1, 2012

WONDERFUL!

I love Gumball! Funny jokes,unique animation,ect.I recommend this show! Watch it ASAP please!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCartoonLover February 9, 2012

Love It!!!

Awesome Show It Sould Be For All Ages!! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarsong4 May 18, 2011

infjh ky65jkgnmg

good, i like the episode when they farted
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2014

Great colorful show!

I love The Amazing World of Gumball! It's awesome. It's very unique. There are many different characters and places which make each episode a colorful, creative mix, although there world is very similar to ours! 12 year old Gumball is a blue cat who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, so he always get into bad situations with his 10 year old brother, Darwin the goldfish. This show is very interesting and hooked me the second I saw it. Honestly, it makes me laugh out loud as much as Regular Show and Adventure Time and Clarence, too. There is not any hard-core inappropriate stuff, but stuff inappropriate enough to make a kid laugh. This show rocks.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPenguinFan July 11, 2011

It's alright, but I have the feeling it won't get much better

This show is weird. Just plain weird. I mean, even by kids show standards this is weird. It's like someone combined the animation effects of Chowder, The Muppets, Gumby and added a few random shot of real world buildings and scenery and threw it into a blender. It seems really surreal, which is alright, but sometimes it gets so strange I have trouble watching. I'm not really sure what they were going for with the animation,but whatever it is, it really is not like any other cartoon. A strange contrast to this is that the story and characters are very standard, not at all like the weird animation. As main characters, we have our typical dysfunctional toon family; a crazy tween boy, a young child prodigy, a lazy father who does nothing and an overworked mom, although we also have this weird orange...thing named Darwin...I'm not really sure what he is or how he is related to any of them, but they treat him like a member of the family so I guess I'll go with it. Now its on to the last and biggest flaw of the series: the story. While they have attempted to add little twists here and there, we have seen most of these stories a million times before in other cartoons, and the lack of originality really does suprise me. It's like the creators are too afraid to step out of their comfort zone, take a risk and try something different, and what we get is a bunch of fairly forgettable episodes. So this show is pretty much a mixed bag. I like what they attempted to do with the animation even though it is weird, sometimes it's funny, and I like a few of the characters. On the not-so-good side, we have the lack of originality when it comes to a lot of the stories and characters, and often it just feels like older TV shows being repeated but with different characters and graphics. It's not bad for kids though, and you might want to check it out.
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey this show is actually very awesome! I love it! I don't think it is inappropriate when Gumball’s dad occasionally walks around in his underwear, which shows some of his butt when he bends over. That is actually funny, not inappropriate. Darwin is pretty funny, same with Gumball. Watch it it's very awesome!!! This is my favorite show next to iCarly. I LOVE IT!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2011

Funny and entertaining

The main characters of this show are brothers Gumball and Darwin. They are little troublemakers who get up to all sorts of mischief. The boys never seem to learn their lessons due to their optimism and ignorance, although their bad-tempered but sympathetic mother teaches them (and the audience) some light morals, instead of having the characters misbehave without any consequences (like many other cartoons). However, the boys STILL CARRY ON! Gumball has been seen naked on screen before, his private parts censored by pixelisation. A lot of stereotypes are in this show too: a lazy father, a responsible mother, a bossy, know-it-all little sister and one of the characters (Carrie) is an emo. There is a bit of potty humor, such as vomiting, men wobbling fat bellies and also, Darwin likes to show off his bumcheeks. This colourful, funny TV show is aimed at both genders and will delight an audience all ages.
Kid, 9 years old January 8, 2016

woohoo is awesome

this show is one of the best it has sort of a looney tunes style lots of action it is hilarious and awesome "stupid" is the only word I have found but either way it is a great show on a 10 star rating I would give it about 192
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2015

Not what you would expect........

Watching this show in 2015, it's gotten a LOT worse from what it was in 2011! Violence- explosions, in some episodes bullying by a T-Rex named Tina, fighting, actions like punching and kicking. Language- explicit use of insults, "butt" Sex- in earlier episode was nude but pixalated, Gumball is now dating Penny with all sorts of flirting and some kisses, Richard wears underwear around the house sometimes and some butts and few farts. But are some great messages to younger kids and with school has a setting this is a great show for 9+.
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2013

2D, 3D, and photograph animation all mixed together in one awesome idea of a series.

This show is amazing- and achieves greatness in most things. All the characters are hilarious and very likable and far in to there personality, but not too far in to there personalities. The animation is top notch, because they take digital animated characters and combine them with CGI animated characters, and all the backgrounds are photos of actual places. Each episode is welly plotted out (mostly the first season episodes) and Gumball is just all out funny. Let your kids watch this, parents; you will be doing them a favor.
Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2013

An Excellent Show

The Amazing World of Gumball is a really good show. It makes me cry because there is sometimes a moment on Gumball that they are singing sad songs they made up and makes me feel alive like when they sing with their ninja costume.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybizcocho July 9, 2012

The best cartoon currently on tv.

There truly is a positive message to gumball! It is that show that I wish that I had growing up, because Gumball's life is something that I could relate to! The animation is fantastic, with compelling characters and an overlying message that however weird you are, however dysfunctional your family is, there is always someone who cares for you somewhere in the world. And it's not just kids that love the show. I'm 16 and I watch the show with dedication, occasionally with friends.
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2011

IT'S THE SIMPSONS FOR KIDS

the amazing world of gumball is a lot like the simpsons but not inapporiate like anais=lisa, gumball and darwin=bart and milhouse, richard the dad=homer , nichole the mother= marge. Richard the dad can be a bad role model and so can gumball. (allright, i'll tell you about the part from the episode you should never show your kids) In one episode gumball and darwin are in a treehouse with girls and one of them lies to them about darwin being her boyfriend so they (and gumball and his crush) try to kiss but two people choppong the tree with the treehouse down and the tipping over cause gumball and darwin (accidently and it is not shown) kiss. And also some kisses on the cheek are shown in some of the episodes are shown. So next time your kids watch the show think of my review.
Kid, 11 years old June 19, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!

Now this is a real kids show, 100 times better than iCarly, I love The amazing world of gumball, Very cute, Good messages about friendship, Love This show just as much as adventure time!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytb10997 June 14, 2011

Hey, its actually funny!

One of the best "new" cartoons added to Cartonn Network and me and my 7 yearold brother get really good laughs out of it.