All teen and kid member reviews for The Batman

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner May 1, 2011

well-made, but charecters look more different than usual.

Some may say it's not as good as Batman's previous series, but the two might be evenly loved by all fans of Gothem's hero. This show is definatley better made. Some villains look strange more, like the Joker looks like he has red eyes and dread loks. Violence is the only problem. Parents must keep in mind though that the fights were cut down so that kids could handle them.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 25, 2013

A treat for the whole Batman fanbase.

I LOVE this cartoon. I watch it on Boomerang a lot. It has great animation, lots of laugh, decent action, and everything.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2010
the batman is a great show but the batman movie is dark
Teen, 13 years old Written byAverageJake November 23, 2016

Very Disturbing

I'll be the first to tell you that this is the absolute most disturbing kids show I'll ever lay my eyes on. While it's high quality, it is also very scary, ad more than your sensitive kids can take. Teenagers are not supposed to be scared of the show their 5-year old brother Netflixed!
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2016

It's a great show!

This is a great show for any Batman fans. I notice that the Batman movies, as well as the comics, have become very dark and violent in recent years, but this cartoon gives the action and excitement that kids want without all the blood and (possible) sexual themes. This show doesn't have any sexual themes (other than Catwoman and Poison Ivy flirting on occasion, but the characters never respond to it), which I also love. The reason i say this should be for kids 7+ is because it can have intense or even slightly creepy scenes and characters. For example, The Joker's character design can be slightly creepy, with his red eyes, huge smile, and ape-like posture. Another example would be when Joker hits people with Joker gas. Solomon Grundy (although only appearing in 1 episode, well as far as I know. I haven't finished the series quite yet), is also pretty creepy. For my last example, I want to talk about Penguin's henchmen. They can be pretty creepy because they only speak in whispers and have claws for hands. This is a great show and you should consider watching it! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written by2002blonde September 28, 2015

The batman

There's a lot of violence, seeing as there's lots of villains and batman's a hero, but it's all stylised and animated. A show for kids and teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byobiwan3301 July 15, 2015

The best batman show I have seen !

I love the action, I love the story and characters. I love the lack of sexual content, I love this show. It may be oldie but its a goldie. It may be scary at some points like the joker when he uses his gas on people. So its a good show for 6 and up. The sexual content goes no farther then tight costumes and cat woman flirting with the batman who ignores it. The action is awesome but not bloody, You care for the characters, and the show is FUNNY. Bruce Wayne/Batman is a good role model who fights against injustice due to the murder of his parents, and batgirl will satisfy the girl fans out there. If you have a little super hero fan that cannot see the films yet this will satisfy and you won't have to worry. I love good clean super hero shows, something batman beyond is not.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 6, 2015

Excuse me a moment (cue the vommitting in a trash bin)

Look Batman is cool and whatnot, but seriously it's like all the villains, and Batman himself totally ditched the classic and more iconic look for the bane of distractions we call new-found technology
Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2014

Amazing series!

I love this show it is very fun and has a lot of great scenes in it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBionic Reviewer February 5, 2013

Lighter then the movies, darker then the 60s.

It's a good show. The Batman is still slightly darker in this show then the 1960's live action series (then again, there are a lot of things darker then that one. Fluorescent light bulbs, for example.), but he isn't the moody, violent, Dark Knight in the recent films. The Joker looks more disturbing then usual in this incarnation with red eyes, green dreadlocks, and a blue tongue, Freeze slightly less imposing with a pointy ice cube covering his head instead of his usual sub-zero helmet. Catwoman and Poison Ivy flirt slightly, but the main characters don't seem to care about it much. Episodes featuring Man-Bat and Clayface (big one to watch for is Solomon Grundy, where a swamp monster seemingly rises on Halloween night, growling "Destroy!" and attacking innocents). Acid pits/chemical vats are shown frequently, and Bane tosses Batman through a brick wall, breaking nearly all of his limbs in one Season 1 episode. All in all, it's a nice show for a Bat-fan, but younger kids may prefer the aforementioned 1960s show, with its comical violence and corny villains.
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2012

superman the animated series 1990s version.

this for kids who have seen superman the animated series 1990s version.
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2009

Pretty Good... I guess.

I like that it takes place 3 years after Batman's debut in Gotham and I like the new spins on classic villains so the show wasn't to predictable. For instance the new Joker is a little less predictable then the BTAS version (even though the BTAS version was better).
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

Not bad.

This series has good animation, and Batman has a good voice-actor. This series was popular for a reason.
Teen, 14 years old Written byscarrymoviefan April 9, 2008

i love it but is to vilnt for kids

i have watched it my hole life its good but has villionce
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

Great show!

There is lots of action in this. Bruce Wayne (Batman) fights evil in every episode. Even when it seems like he's going to lose, he wins! He brings the criminals to jail, but they always escape.
Teen, 16 years old Written byApostle April 9, 2008

OK, But Not As Good As Its Predecessor

The Batman is in no way as good as its predecessor in both its quality and its morals. As far as its quality goes, everything seems like it is trying to keep up the "powers quality" of modern day hero shows. As opposed to Batman: The Animated Series in which every villain uses weapons and chemicals, many of the villains have powers due to mutations that takes away from the quality. Sure it makes them tougher, but, that is a very small up-lifter for going away from Batman's style. Also, the battles are much worse. Batman is viewed as some invulnerable hero like Superman. I prefer him struggling with his enemies and them actually being smart rather than all muscle and absolutely no brain (with the exception of one villain). The violence is toned up a LOT. Most of the show is fighting it seems like and they are intense. Batman also seems to attack his villains with all he's got as opposed to just trying to dismantly them like he did in the preceding series. While it is more fun for the typical teenager, it is worse to me and I'm sure most parents who would rather want a detective theme (I hate it just because it isn't Batman). Poison Ivy is turned down in the sexual content though, she definitely flurts with every single cop and Batman himself (with the exception of the commisioner). Now, regardless of what I have said, this is an OK show. The villains have better design (at the cost of giving them powers though) and, the show is good and OK. Many parents probably won't mind the violence, however,, I do have to say, I would go to Toon Disney to watch the animated series before watching this one. Trust me, the more a fan you are of Batman: The Animated Series, the less you will like this one. I'm one of the few who likes both as much as I do it seems like, though, do watch Batman: The Animated Series. I used to think it was worse (from what goes one with him in other TV shows where they do "cross-protaginists" but, I foudn that one to be much better and harder to wear out).