Parent reviews for The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That

The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That Poster Image

It's stupid...

There's way better shows out there that teach kids more than this show pretends to do. It's way too hyper as if the voice cast is under the influence of illegal drugs/uppers. I don't mind hyper shows, but this show is not just hyper, it's manic and crazed. It has a very frenzied pace, even when compared to non educational kids shows. The Cat behaves in a very creepy and disturbing fashion that screams pedophilia. The mothers don't seem to be paying attention to their kids when they request to go places with the Cat in the Hat. It's just not a good show. It's too hyper for the target audience of 2 to 6 year olds and just too loud and obnoxious for adults, even those who adore cartoons and children's shows like myself. There may be people who might find this enjoyable, but I personally don't like it and I find it irritating and my child has picked up the habit of talking at a high level of volume. Yes, my child has picked up being loud and obnoxious from this show.
1 person found this helpful.

Glass of water

Whoooooooo

Another show boring for older kids, but young kids will learn a lot

Young kids will learn a lot, but as they grow the show will start to get boring for them.

Educational and Entertaining

I have always been impressed with this show. Like many children’s shows that my daughter has been interested in, I screened it first to make sure that it was up to my standards. I was pleasantly surprised. It has elements of the original books, which is nice because I can tie them in with our bedtime stories, and it is allowing my child to be exposed to her STEM interests at a young age. There is a focus on safety as the children explore and it is understood that the Cat is the adult in the situation who is responsible for supervising the kids. I love how the imaginative world that they explore is always left behind before the fix a real world problem, so the children begin to learn the difference between real and imaginary while still using their imagination to solve the tasks ahead of them.

For 2- 6 year olds. Meet neighbors 6 year old Nick and 5 year old Sally, as they go on wacky adventures with their friend The Cat, Fish, and of coarse The Things. It teaches us science and exploration skills, that will make your kid want to explore the world around them. You should defiantly check it out! It's a win for kids! Check out their website @ http://pbskids.org/catinthehat

Bad Parenting Examples Here

The mom just lets the kids run off with a cat all the time that she hasn't ever met. My own children tried to run off to play in the middle of the street because they were travelling with "The Cat In The Hat" and they yelled "We can go, We can Go" before trying to leave. No more of this show. There should be a CSM button for bad role models.

"Your mother will not mind at all if you do"

That line is creepy, right? The show is fine, my baby son loves the crazy, peppy songs, and sometimes I even learn something about biology. My issue is the concept of "permission" in this show. They make quite a production of one or both of the children asking their mothers permission to go with the Cat to some ridiculous-sounding place after the cat encourages them to ask, saying "your mother will not mind at ALL if you do." The mothers, as far as I can tell, think the children are playing an imaginary game of some sort, based on the silliness of what they ask. "Mom! Can we go up in the bluey-blue sky to look for a puddle?" The mom, always in the middle of some domestic chore, laughs it off in an outta-the-mouths-of-babes sort of way, and says "Sure!" The moms never even meet this Cat, who could be the creepy, pedophile neighbor in a cat suit for all we know. Anyway, bottom line: mostly cute, mostly educational show. Needs to come up with a less creepy, less deceptive way for the children to ask permission to go on an adventure in a strange vehicle with a strange adult figure.

disappointing seuss

I enjoy Dr. Seuss for older children (over 10 years old). His initial stories were for adults and so I don't agree with using Dr. Seuss for young children- especially toddlers. He uses nonsense words and is way to chaotic for educational learning. The voices are the MOST annoying.

Best Educational and Intresting

its so good. explains verry well about things in an intresting and non boring way. Help me explain day and nigth concept, a lot about animals, plants, planets, gravity and a lot more. I watch it with my 6 old and 4 and its so good. The only concern is that the mom do not know about the cat ( do not belive) and My girl is comparing me with the verry flexible mom that they have. (Which I am not) And my girl always complain that the boy always have to flick the "ship" to get started and not the girl.