Parent reviews for The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That

Funny feline makes natural science fun for kids.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byHildsa January 1, 2011
My 4 year old don't miss this show. Cat in the Hat book is his favorite, i can read if for ever and he wants again and again. He loves the show. It is a little bit fast and the noises sometimes are annoying for me, but I try to keep myself entertained as see him jumping and learning stuff

Parent of a 1 year old Written byLindsay R. November 10, 2016

"Your mother will not mind at all if you do"

That line is creepy, right? The show is fine, my baby son loves the crazy, peppy songs, and sometimes I even learn something about biology. My issue is the concept of "permission" in this show. They make quite a production of one or both of the children asking their mothers permission to go with the Cat to some ridiculous-sounding place after the cat encourages them to ask, saying "your mother will not mind at ALL if you do." The mothers, as far as I can tell, think the children are playing an imaginary game of some sort, based on the silliness of what they ask. "Mom! Can we go up in the bluey-blue sky to look for a puddle?" The mom, always in the middle of some domestic chore, laughs it off in an outta-the-mouths-of-babes sort of way, and says "Sure!" The moms never even meet this Cat, who could be the creepy, pedophile neighbor in a cat suit for all we know. Anyway, bottom line: mostly cute, mostly educational show. Needs to come up with a less creepy, less deceptive way for the children to ask permission to go on an adventure in a strange vehicle with a strange adult figure.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMidwestDad December 5, 2010

Please stop running this show.

This remotely educational show replaced the highly educational Sid, the Science Kid time slot in my area. The voice acting is rather grating and annoying for the main characters while their journeys are always to made up lands presumably solely for the sake of rhyming. The educational aspects are usually so brief that if you blink you will miss them. While I enjoy the comic stylings of Martin Short, good Lord I cannot stand his voice in this series. I will usually not let my daughter watch this simply because I find it annoying and not educational. This is a pity as Dr. Suess' books always encouraged imagination while still focusing on education.
Adult Written byMeme23 May 2, 2014

Best Educational and Intresting

its so good. explains verry well about things in an intresting and non boring way. Help me explain day and nigth concept, a lot about animals, plants, planets, gravity and a lot more. I watch it with my 6 old and 4 and its so good. The only concern is that the mom do not know about the cat ( do not belive) and My girl is comparing me with the verry flexible mom that they have. (Which I am not) And my girl always complain that the boy always have to flick the "ship" to get started and not the girl.

Adult Written byMamaDawn February 21, 2012

Teaching Respect Through Example

This show is fun, educational and positive. Although it is not the focus of the show, I appreciate feelings and emotions are respected and dealt with positively.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byCountryMom27 November 26, 2010

Great show for preschoolers and early grade schoolers

One of the few shows my four year old and six 1/2 yr old agree on. As an added perk, it seems to have driven a fascination with my youngest for his Dr. Seuss books, particularly Cat in the Hat. Catchy music, great themes, lots of info, and funny too.

Educational Value
Parent of an infant, 3, and 8 year old Written byBubbleMachine101 August 27, 2017

Bad Parenting Examples Here

The mom just lets the kids run off with a cat all the time that she hasn't ever met. My own children tried to run off to play in the middle of the street because they were travelling with "The Cat In The Hat" and they yelled "We can go, We can Go" before trying to leave. No more of this show. There should be a CSM button for bad role models.
Adult Written byAmber1997 April 10, 2016

Parent Written bysueryan10 June 18, 2014

disappointing seuss

I enjoy Dr. Seuss for older children (over 10 years old). His initial stories were for adults and so I don't agree with using Dr. Seuss for young children- especially toddlers. He uses nonsense words and is way to chaotic for educational learning. The voices are the MOST annoying.

Adult Written bycmaika October 19, 2010

love it!

My 6 and 4 year old love this show! And LOVE hearing Martin Short's voice!!!!
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byBCMom1985 March 29, 2011

love it

Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee January 7, 2011

Parent of a 8 year old Written byDigiGoggleHeadBoy August 25, 2018
For 2- 6 year olds. Meet 5 year old neighbors Nick and Sally, as they go on wacky adventures with their friend The Cat, Fish, and of coarse The Things. It teaches us science and exploration skills, that will make your kid want to explore the world around them. You should defiantly check it out! It's a win for kids! Check out their website @ http://pbskids.org/catinthehat