All parent member reviews for The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That

Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 December 8, 2014

This is a cartoon that will definitely BOTH educate and entertain young kids.

I love watching this show, even though I already know about science, but, I still watch it for entertainment and the fun, catchy songs they sing. I definitely recommend this show for preschoolers and early elementary students. They teach about the solar system and animal science.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byHildsa January 1, 2011

My 4 year old don't miss this show. Cat in the Hat book is his favorite, i can read if for ever and he wants again and again. He loves the show. It is a little bit fast and the noises sometimes are annoying for me, but I try to keep myself entertained as see him jumping and learning stuff
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byCountryMom27 November 26, 2010

Great show for preschoolers and early grade schoolers

One of the few shows my four year old and six 1/2 yr old agree on. As an added perk, it seems to have driven a fascination with my youngest for his Dr. Seuss books, particularly Cat in the Hat. Catchy music, great themes, lots of info, and funny too.
Parent Written bysueryan10 June 18, 2014

disappointing seuss

I enjoy Dr. Seuss for older children (over 10 years old). His initial stories were for adults and so I don't agree with using Dr. Seuss for young children- especially toddlers. He uses nonsense words and is way to chaotic for educational learning. The voices are the MOST annoying.
Educator and Parent Written byMeme23 May 2, 2014

Best Educational and Intresting

its so good. explains verry well about things in an intresting and non boring way. Help me explain day and nigth concept, a lot about animals, plants, planets, gravity and a lot more. I watch it with my 6 old and 4 and its so good. The only concern is that the mom do not know about the cat ( do not belive) and My girl is comparing me with the verry flexible mom that they have. (Which I am not) And my girl always complain that the boy always have to flick the "ship" to get started and not the girl.
Parent Written byMamaDawn February 21, 2012

Teaching Respect Through Example

This show is fun, educational and positive. Although it is not the focus of the show, I appreciate feelings and emotions are respected and dealt with positively.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byBCMom1985 March 29, 2011

love it

Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee January 7, 2011

Parent of a 2 year old Written byMidwestDad December 5, 2010

Please stop running this show.

This remotely educational show replaced the highly educational Sid, the Science Kid time slot in my area. The voice acting is rather grating and annoying for the main characters while their journeys are always to made up lands presumably solely for the sake of rhyming. The educational aspects are usually so brief that if you blink you will miss them. While I enjoy the comic stylings of Martin Short, good Lord I cannot stand his voice in this series. I will usually not let my daughter watch this simply because I find it annoying and not educational. This is a pity as Dr. Suess' books always encouraged imagination while still focusing on education.
Adult Written bycmaika October 19, 2010

love it!

My 6 and 4 year old love this show! And LOVE hearing Martin Short's voice!!!!