All parent member reviews for The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 19, 2013

I really love this show

it is great it is another show that has dark humor, I really love the characters Mandy is a girl that never smiles and always gets what she wants she is my favorite character, grim is the reaper who lost a bet and is now forced to be Billy's and Mandy's friend forever and Billy who is a complete idiot but unlike most idiots in cartoons today he is funny and not annoying
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 November 20, 2014

This was my favorite show when I was younger.

This is a good show, it's funny, and it has character. It's not as bad as people think. It's about two kids named billy and mandy who had a bet with the grim reaper in a game of limbo over a sick hampster , if grim wins, he would of took the hampster and if the kids win, grim promised to be their best friend forever, the kids won and that's how grim became best friends with them. If anything, the grim reaper is being controlled by two kids.
Adult Written byhajime-kun09 May 10, 2011

^_^

i live the i think it's good
Adult Written byMafatu32 January 4, 2011

This show may be a crazy and spooky, but it's a show that will pull you in and make you laugh. Have you ever heard of a more twisted group then a angry nose-less girl, a dimwitted boy, and the grim reaper? Not an image people usually see.
Adult Written byutonium4 April 9, 2008

Subversive and Silly

I was shocked to read the reviews posted by commonsense media for this program. First, the show is no scarier than your typical Brother's Grimm, after which it is modelled. The anti-heroine, Mandy, is as strong and bright a female character as you could ask for in a show--she is definately the alpha and has a wisdom taht belies her apparent misanthropy. Billy, who is not her brother, as is mistakenly reported in the official review, is a flatter character. He is bumbling and foolish but inherently nice. Themes such as family dynamics, urban legends and commercialism are regualarly explored in this show and parodies abound (including a Harry Potter, GI Joe and Dexter's Lab amoung others. I think this is an incredibly fun show--one that works on multiple levels and is entertaining for kids and adults alike. I'm not sure what child would be scared of the benevolent skeleton or the fantasy ghouls but if your child is one of them I suggest taking the bubble wrap off before he suffocates!
Adult Written byemerld232 April 9, 2008

Shouldn't, but I like this show

I really should not let my 6 and 3 year old boys watch this show. It does have bad language that my son has picked up. But it is on so many times during the day. And I can't help it, I think it is pretty funny in a sick sort of way. It is very clever.
Adult Written bymhula1@aol.com April 9, 2008

A gross show that will appael to some kids.

Adult Written byTUmom April 9, 2008

Terrible!

I think this show is awful. The constant "shut up" and "you're stupid" and the grim reeper as a babysitter? I think this show should be taken off the air. It isn't funny or cute or interesting. It is just a mean little girl walking around with a skeleton. I will never let my son watch it.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byLavitz May 4, 2012

An Amusing Morning Program

Don't knock this wonderful show until you sit down and watch a few episodes. There's plenty of humor directed at children, with clever cultural references and darker humor directed at tweens and teens that most children probably won't even understand. Yeah, none of the main characters are good role models, but they aren't intended to be. There's no need to be over-dramatic about how it's totally inappropriate for children. My daughter loves the show, and after watching it whenever it was on for a good three years, hasn't gotten anything negative out of it. However, she knows not to say the rude things she may hear. Be warned, there's quite a bit of, "Shut up" and "You're stupid" involved.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

Great show!!!

Yes,this show is rather gross but not terrible.I mean the jokes are REALLY funny!
Adult Written byTheUltamite October 3, 2011

great, but not the most appropriate

It's a great show, but a LOT of potty humor keeps it from being all that kid friendly
Adult Written byYip May 4, 2011

My opinion is that if you don't like the show dont watch it. Dont let your kids watch it. I for one love the show and actually get the humour. So what if children run around pretending to be vampires. The majority of children in the world are running around with toy guns and yet you worry about vampires... I think I would rather have my child run around as a vampire then a child who is learning to use a weapon. A boy accidently killed his own family member because he thought the gun was just a toy. So I say once again you don't like it? well then don't watch it.
Parent Written byShadow the Hedg... April 25, 2011

Perfect!

It is nice I like it! Halo master cheif and Shadow agrees!
Adult Written bymlbrocks April 18, 2011

Love it

How the hell is this not for kids. Its complete Bull Sh#t.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byellmardo February 27, 2011

Yes, this is not for younger kids, but older tweens or teens will like it.

I don't know what the writers were thinking when they produced this show... Occasionally there are glimmers of entertainment, but for me, it's highly unsettling to see a grim reaper character, an extremely cynical girl who is always frowning, and a nitwitted boy character who is completely annoying for the most part. Why can't they keep this kind of cartoon out of reach of our kids? My daughter of 7 is and has been addicted to this show, and I despair of what's to come... I don't know who introduced her to it, and I can't wrest her little hands away from it now - it's everywhere... on TV, on YouTube, on Demand, and I am a single mom (until her Daddy returns from his cruise ship job). I don't know how to get her away from it. And even if I could, she would pitch a feverish fit, so I might as well let her watch it until she's "bored" with it. I don't want to have battles with her... I'm trying to redirect her attention to other shows and activities...
Parent of a 2 year old Written bycartoonreview October 24, 2010

Show should be taken off the air

This "cartoon for kids" which is on at the times kids are home from school, is disturbing and unsettling. I was even trying to make sense of the violent actions and crude gestures the characters were doing. Kids the ages 2, 3, 5, were watching it while I was and they were zoned in on the show, who knows what they interpreted from the characters.
Parent of a 12, 14, and 15 year old Written bycheesed12 September 5, 2010

It should be rated TV-PG-V instead of this!!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bybarbadosbarbie October 7, 2009

Maybe for tweens and early teenagers but not for kids

This show is just weird. My 7 year old likes it but I am sitting here listening to it as I type this, and I just think it's creepy and a little off for kids that age. I would like her to stop watching it, or at least watch it a little less but she won't have that because it's her favorite show! I think this show is more appropriate for Adult Swim instead of as a kids show.
Adult Written byimconcernedblah... February 26, 2009

TSK,TSK,TSK

Your site is quite error ridden and once again I must correct it. Billy is not Mandy`s brother, they have separate sets of parents. My review the age appropriation and the stars
Adult Written byxMadxScientistx February 19, 2009

A fine, modern show.

I think the content here is appropriate for the sort of children who would want to watch it. Sensitive children who would find the content here to be "too scary" will probably say so for themselves. Some children like shows that have a little bit of a scary tone, and I don't think it does them any harm to watch them. The content here is almost entirely acceptable, which is unique for today's cartoons. I also think that the show paid more attention to quality than a lot of cartoons do.