All parent member reviews for The Haunted Hathaways

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright August 1, 2013

First review in August

This show is really boring and lame! It's just like Robot and Monster, overrated and dumb! I'm surprised the negative reviews haven't come to here yet! But just you wait, this here lame show is gonna get rated as disappointing, just like Robot and Monster. Nick needs to stop green-lighting these terrible and unfunny shows. Guess what's coming up next? The Rabbids Invasion! If you want an example of TRUE quality family entertainment, go watch Gordy. And don't believe the ratings for this show, or the negative ones for Gordy! It's a Shakespearean masterpiece compared to this show. In fact, I'm gonna change my rating for it! Gordy now gets 5/5, for being a million times better than this lame excuse for a show! They should've just renewed Victorious and T.U.F.F. Puppy instead of green-lighting this and Sanjay and Craig!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byPoems Perfect December 12, 2013

The may as well have called it: 'The Scary Spook Family'

I hate to admit that I actually generally found this show quite amusing. Possibly, the only annoying character would be Louie. However, I would never in a million years have cast my kids for any of the ghost family members because of the blatant racism. Firstly, the basic premise is that a BLACK family were cast as the SPOOKS. Secondly, there was an episode where Louie was dressed up as a BANANA. Thirdly, there was a scene where Louie's father decided to teach him how to possess an object...a fruit no less. But he didn't choose an apple or an orange, nor a strawberry or even a bunch of grapes but instead he chose a MELON. Now those of a younger age and who are generally naïve will be excused for not getting my point. But anyone else will understand the inferences as detailed above. And certainly anyone middle-aged upwards couldn't possibly be that obtuse to miss that whoever thought it anything but racist to label a black person a spook, dress a black person in a banana skin, have a black person feel right at home by possessing a water melon (cunningly using a cantaloupe instead just to be less obvious but lets face it - ALL melons are full of water). The script writers, producers, director are all having the subtlest of racist digs at the black family cast. The last laugh indeed is being had by these people and NOT any decent audience members. I could only DREAM that one of the show's makers will read this and understand that THIS black man was not stupid enough to miss the point and he ain't laughing
Educator and Parent of a 7 and 17 year old Written bydawnytl August 27, 2013

The Haunted Hathaways and the Hidden Truth

Miss Ashby provided a review that was accurate about many things, but she missed something. If you don't believe in the existence of ghosts, then this show may seem funny and be everything this review said, however, if you’re concerned about the spiritual well-being of your children, ban this show from your home. People are interested in the supernatural. Hollywood knows it and counts on it. Television knows the hunger, too, and feeds it, bringing the paranormal to us on a regular basis, right into our homes. At the end of the pilot episode of The Haunted Hathaways, the eldest daughter makes this statement: “I’m Taylor and I think living with ghosts will be alright.” She tries to retract her statement when the youngest “ghost” makes the turkey, which they are about to eat, dance on the dining room table. I’m sorry Taylor, but do you know what and who ghosts really are? Are you sure that opening your home to a demonic presence is alright? We’ve settled for too much and allowed too many things into our homes and into our children’s minds. Close the door on this one, please.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byAmalthea October 4, 2013

OK for kids; boring for adults

While the show is harmless and fairly innocuous, it is not particularly entertaining for adults. I have a high tolerance for children's show (I watch more kids' stuff than adults'), but I had a hard time sitting through the poorly acted, over-the-top, corny dialog and action. It is OK for kids, tho.
Educator Written byBigchris August 21, 2013

An adult who loves this show

Ok well I don't get all the negitive reviews I mean me and my sister love it if you are looking for a sweet family show with a little enchantment and a lot of laughs this is it and franike is hilarious but is a mixed infiuence " she faces her fears head on by wanting to remain In the home with the gohst " but she's also a trouble maker In a way so look out but ya gotta love both Frankie and this swett cute family friendly show if u want a dumb show watch rabit invasion if you want a good time and a few laughs try this
Adult Written byMATZ March 18, 2015

A+++ I'm Sorry to have seen this show is pegged as not being renewed. It's a real loss.

Although I am not a parent myself, I do babysit for my friend a lot and b/c of the child I have become a watcher of this show (even when not babysitting). It's a very light-hearted comedy that brings a 'Casper' aspect to "ghosts". It's comical, maybe a little juvenile every now & then, but I think anyone with a sense of humor can and would appreciate the show. To someone who loves to laugh at silly things, this is a really good show to watch. "Louie" is a beginner ghost who has a tendency to mess up his spells - when he tries to turn himself in to a werewolf (for example) he turns in to Elvis. His brother "Miles" embodies the 'Casper the Friendly Ghost' aspect and does not like the thought of 'haunting' others. Their dad is 'Ray', the 'head ghost' in the house. The humans that are alive in the house are 'Frankie (Louie's best friend), Taylor (Mile's best friend) and the mom, Michelle. I missed the 'Pilot' episode but have seen every episode since and truly believe this is a very entertaining comedy - maybe not sooo much for 15+ (kids in the mid-teen years, they might not like it a lot) but it's definitely appropriate for ANY age!!! It's not something you would have to worry about kids of ANY age watching. To sum it up as best as I can, it's kind of like a modern-day "Brady Bunch" where the boys are all ghosts & the girls are all living. That's how wholesome and innocent this show is.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 14 year old Written byKako February 28, 2015

Good Messages

Unlike the horrible sitcoms from the Dizney Channel, this one includes positive messages and diversity. A+!
Parent of a 2, 8, and 10 year old Written byhomeofplay October 17, 2013

Kids love it, but it's kind of boring

It's funny and somewhat entertaining, but sometimes boring. My daughters like it however but lose interest quickly in some episodes.