Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 17 kid reviews

Sort by:

Great Show!

I think this is the cutest show. It’s really perfect for any kid if they understand things like anxiety. I can relate to this guy though I have anxiety issues also. Also Dude is the cutest little dog you could ever see he is a great doggy companion. I really have nothing bad to say about this show. It’s Great!

Sweet TV show with a lot of issues

This is the first show I've seen where there was representation of Kids with mental health issues, which I think is really important. Friendships are very sweet. I did have a problem that yhe two friends constantly laugh and are annoyed by the behavior of a third friend, instead of appreciating how it makes him amazing. He is also the one who noone has a crush on and (not coincidentally) he is the only one with who isn't skinny, which is problematic. It's a bit annoying all the girlfriend boyfriend things, as well as that all the romances are straight. The brother and sister are very gendered in their behaviors; the boy likes drumming, the girl likes fashion. It also bothered me that the main characters family are obviously wealthy, with a big house, I think that this a common problem in media. Kids grow up thinking this is the way all other people live.

I love this show!

This show is really great because it talks about anxiety and what it can feel like. I think This show will help a lot of people to feel more understood and raise awareness! There are some scary parts that might be to much for younger viewers. (There is a scene where there is a zombie like guy.) I like that they show his feelings of anxiety in a physical form that way you might understand what he is feeling better. There is no bad language or any inappropriate stuff so that is a plus! There are great characters that show the importance of equality, and there are plenty of funny parts too! Overall a great show with a great message!

REVIEW;THE HEALING POWERS OD DUDE.

“THE HEALING POWERS OF DUDE” is an American comedy TV series which premiered on 13 January 2020 on Netflix. Its plot is simple but a well thought one, and revolves around daily life and middle school. Noah Ferris (protagonist) suffers from social anxiety disorder but has to start middle school amidst it, so his parents get him an emotional support dog named dude. Even the smallest tasks are impossible for him and its great fun to see dude help him around and proceed with victory over those in the most funky and best way. He also makes wonderful friends at the school and gradually gains confidence too. The show teaches a lot of values including empathy, kindness, sympathy and gratitude. This series will be enjoyed by not just kids, but adults too. The whole show has been very ground to earth and the viewers also get an opportunity to relate themselves to it at some point of the other. THOUGH MORE HUMOR COULD HAD MADE IT A 5 STAR RATED, BUT OTHERWISE IT WAS GREAT.

I watched this show when it first came out, and loved it! It's sweet, funny, and unique. Dude, the emotional support dog, is just comical. I know this is a short reveiw, but I hope it helps.

Just see an episode!

Really Good! Shows zombies which can be a little scary.

Ehh it’s okay

It’s a pretty average show, but definitely not amazing. It’s very boring though I only watched a few episodes and couldn’t take it anymore. If u like drama and excitement don’t bother with this show, but if ur a grandma and like to be bored to death, go ahead.

Good show.

I have a service dog, I understand Dude is an ESA but I just thought I'd bring it up. Anyways, it is a nice show. Its shows diversity and that is nice. In an episode a character says the word "hella" but that's not bad so whatever.

The best educational tv show

This show is amazing for kids to learn about friends, family, bully's, and disabilities. This show is so great just to watch for fun, for dog lovers, or just for educational purposes. I defiantly recommend watching this. :)

"Really Amusing"

THE HEALING POWERS OF DUDE is an educational series and is about a kid with social anxiety disorder. Nothing bad here.