Kid reviews for The Healing Powers of Dude

Uneven comedy about anxiety encourages empathy, diversity.

Wondering if The Healing Powers of Dude is OK for your kids?

Teen, 14 years old Written bymurdermystery August 25, 2020

"Really Amusing"

THE HEALING POWERS OF DUDE is an educational series and is about a kid with social anxiety disorder. Nothing bad here.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLavpraj August 14, 2020

Why It's Probably the Most Educational Series I've Ever Watched

Firstly, it is about a main character dealing with social anxiety. It's about adapting to change and overcoming your fears. Noah is the main character and he's a great role model.
Secondly, this is a great family show. It has all the good values, jokes and entertainment you need.
I would also like to bring up that the actors fit their roles pretty well too. The actor who played Amara for a fact is actually handicapped in real life.
There are a lot of things that are good about the series. I would highly recommend this series to watch so you can go find out yourself how good this series is. :)

Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2020

Season 2, Fingers Crossed!

I loved this show filled with adventure and all the classic kids TV show stuff, with a twist. I'm really glad it doesn't have the typical characters. It explores anxiety disorders and disabilities. Over all, I think it's an amazing show! (PS: Also, the dog -and his voice- are the cutest!)

Teen, 14 years old Written bywhathegeometry April 23, 2020

oddly relatable depiction of anxiety in a cute story.

as a teenager with anxiety (admittedly, not social anxiety), the way anxiety is represented is very realistic, although augmented for the sake of humor- your brain going crazy and creating unrealistic situations. the characters are funny and human, and this is a good way to introduce kids to the idea of anxiety.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMatilda222 April 9, 2020

Such a great show!!!

I love this show it’s really good and is great for the whole family

Teen, 13 years old Written byluckydove March 30, 2020

Teen, 13 years old Written bytheobliviousanswer February 15, 2020

Better that you think

I just want to say that this show is awesome, some of the best I’ve ever seen.

And recently I’ve seen to much negative criticism about how this show inaccurately represents people with social anxiety disorder. Which, frankly, isn’t true. This show is based of off a CHILD’S point of view, not yours. And also, just remember that no show is perfect and the screenwriters were probably trying there best.

Overall, I definitely think this show is the amazing.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBooksoverMovies January 25, 2020
This is a really good show and has excellent representation and full of diversity. The actress who plays Amara has a disability and has used a wheelchair for the majority of her life which is very important as actors with disabilities are rarely cast as characters with disabilities. Moving onto the show content: Amara is wonderfully acted, Simon is such a goofball it's hard to not love the character and Embry is such a sweet kid. The content of this show is fabulous. Watchers see a grade 6 kid with social anxiety struggle with his anxiety through panic attacks, metaphors and all sorts of things. His dog: Dude is sooooo funny! Overall, I highly recommend this show.