All parent member reviews for The Hills

Adult Written by90210fan January 31, 2011

Love it not just negative messages but some postive ones like consequencez for actions and cheating
Educator Written byJessicaMonster October 21, 2013

Perfectly innocent and fun teenage watching

I watched the hills back when I was 14, all throughout secondary school until it ended a few years back. I'm now 20 and have been watching all the series online again - due to nostalgia and because it's easy, fun watching. However, getting back on topic, is this program a risk to children? I'd say children in primary school (13 under) shouldn't watch it, but anybody over that age is absolutely fine. There is no swearing in it, and rarely when there is it is bleeped over. There is no heavily sexual content except for kissing (nothing unusual there). A lot of the episodes feature scenes of them socialising in clubs with drinks in there hands, but there is no obvious or outrageous drunken behaviour, nor is there any drug use. These girls are all well behaved in the aspects I've just listed. Yes I agree when people say it's an unrealistic view of life, but that's why it makes good television - it's a form of escapism and fun to watch. It's not like the characters are portrayed as spoilt rotten people, that get their own way at a click of a finger. They all have jobs and a lot of scenes should their climb up the career ladder and the perks of the job - Audrina works at Epic Records, Heidi at BoltHouse Promotion, and Lauren and Whitney at Teen Vogue and later on in the series Peoples Revolution. Although these jobs are unrealistic to the average young adult, they still show the cast members working which in my eyes, is a positive message for young girls. The series also has parts where it "frowns upon" characters which are jobless and in aspects unmotivated. Heidi's boyfriend Spencer is jobless and spends a lot of time doing nothing at home, he is portrayed as lazy and useless because of this, and the show therefore is portraying that having a job is a good thing - which it is. Therefore I really don't see how The Hills is a bad influence on young teens. It undeniably has lots of gossiping in it, and arguments - but that is all a part of life, and much of it young teens/adults can relate to (which is the audience The Hills is aimed at). I previously stated it wasn't suitable for people aged 13 and under, and that's only because they wouldn't necessarily understand what's happening, and may misinterpret some of it. But overall, I find The Hills perfectly innocent and enjoyable TV watching for teenagers and young adults (like myself!).
Adult Written byraquelp1234 November 6, 2011

Liked this show.

I'm a fan of this show. and would watch every episode. the only time i stopped watching it when was lauren left. she was the reason i watched the show.. and the girls have really cute clothes. =D
Adult Written byPlanet July 10, 2011

Planet

I think Laguna beach is slighty better than The Hills. Some bits of The Hills is Fake and some bits is real.
Adult Written byRandabby69 May 22, 2010

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byJimmyH December 16, 2009

Parent of a 8, 10, and 13 year old Written bySunshine90 December 16, 2009

This show makes getting in cat fights, drinking and sleeping around seem fun. When in real life its not. These Characters make bad decisions and have no consequences. This show is not good for Preteens or young teenagers.
Adult Written bySaRaHuGhS24freak April 9, 2008

Adult Written byLRS April 9, 2008

Adult Written byabbyj April 9, 2008

Adult Written bylbbree92 April 9, 2008

good entertaining show!

The hills is a very good show! It shows real-life situations and I think younger people can learn from them. It is about a very successful college gal, Lauren Conrad going through many obstacles to try and overcome relationships, hook-ups, friendships, and her job itself. She is just a small girl trying to live in this big world.
Adult Written bycoltssoccer April 9, 2008

"Lo" must go and never ever come back!

The show is HORRIBLE!! I do not blame Audrina for wanting to move out. Her roomates have totally turned their backs on her. (including "LC") And then in the last episode Lauren cries, poor me. What an act! Lauren has sunk lower the Heidi. Audrina was LC's roommate first, treat her with a little more respect. Your adults not high schoolers.