Parent reviews for The Hills

The Hills Poster Image

Can’t get into it

I had the dvd but it seemed boring so it’s no use for me to keep it so I gave it away.

Perfectly innocent and fun teenage watching

I watched the hills back when I was 14, all throughout secondary school until it ended a few years back. I'm now 20 and have been watching all the series online again - due to nostalgia and because it's easy, fun watching. However, getting back on topic, is this program a risk to children? I'd say children in primary school (13 under) shouldn't watch it, but anybody over that age is absolutely fine. There is no swearing in it, and rarely when there is it is bleeped over. There is no heavily sexual content except for kissing (nothing unusual there). A lot of the episodes feature scenes of them socialising in clubs with drinks in there hands, but there is no obvious or outrageous drunken behaviour, nor is there any drug use. These girls are all well behaved in the aspects I've just listed. Yes I agree when people say it's an unrealistic view of life, but that's why it makes good television - it's a form of escapism and fun to watch. It's not like the characters are portrayed as spoilt rotten people, that get their own way at a click of a finger. They all have jobs and a lot of scenes should their climb up the career ladder and the perks of the job - Audrina works at Epic Records, Heidi at BoltHouse Promotion, and Lauren and Whitney at Teen Vogue and later on in the series Peoples Revolution. Although these jobs are unrealistic to the average young adult, they still show the cast members working which in my eyes, is a positive message for young girls. The series also has parts where it "frowns upon" characters which are jobless and in aspects unmotivated. Heidi's boyfriend Spencer is jobless and spends a lot of time doing nothing at home, he is portrayed as lazy and useless because of this, and the show therefore is portraying that having a job is a good thing - which it is. Therefore I really don't see how The Hills is a bad influence on young teens. It undeniably has lots of gossiping in it, and arguments - but that is all a part of life, and much of it young teens/adults can relate to (which is the audience The Hills is aimed at). I previously stated it wasn't suitable for people aged 13 and under, and that's only because they wouldn't necessarily understand what's happening, and may misinterpret some of it. But overall, I find The Hills perfectly innocent and enjoyable TV watching for teenagers and young adults (like myself!).

Liked this show.

I'm a fan of this show. and would watch every episode. the only time i stopped watching it when was lauren left. she was the reason i watched the show.. and the girls have really cute clothes. =D

Planet

I think Laguna beach is slighty better than The Hills. Some bits of The Hills is Fake and some bits is real.

Love it not just negative messages but some postive ones like consequencez for actions and cheating

This show makes getting in cat fights, drinking and sleeping around seem fun. When in real life its not. These Characters make bad decisions and have no consequences. This show is not good for Preteens or young teenagers.

not rated for age