All parent member reviews for The IT Crowd

Parent of a 9 and 10 year old Written byNadia S. September 11, 2016

Simpsons meets Big Bang 10 years ago...and British

This show is hilarious, started watching it by myself and eventually (a few episodes in) shared it with my kids 9 and 10 (both girls). There is some language (bollocks, f...., c..k), sexual innuendos, most of which just goes above their head. The period episode, they were completely oblivious to the situation, I tried to explain, don't think they got it 100%, but enjoyed it non-the -less. I guess it would depend on your child's maturity level, knowing not to repeat certain words. Language is not a big part of the show, in fact, it's seldom enough, it adds to the humor of the show (my kids giggle and just react like "he said the F word!", we laugh, remind them not to repeat and move on. There aren't a lot of shows both myself and kids can enjoy together, that we can REALLY and truly enjoy. The sexual innuendos are also subtle, in fact, I find the sexual situations on certain network (family) sitcoms way more common and less subtle.
Parent of a 3, 7, 13, and 15 year old Written byAleksei Krushnic March 30, 2011
I absolutely love this show, its hilarious. I don't let my two youngest (Dawn and Liev, ages 3 and 7 respectively) watch it however.