All parent member reviews for The Jeff Dunham Show

Parent Written bycatwoman01 October 19, 2011

ok to take 9 year old to show?

We have watched Jeff's show many times on the Comedy channel with our son who is now 9. We all laugh at the show every time. Purchased tickets to see him in person in February '12. I'm a little concerned about taking my son in person and what other people might think about us bringing our child. Should I be concerned or leave child with other family while we enjoy the show? It's very good entertainment.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bytmj2037c January 1, 2010
AS AN ADULT,,,I ABSOLUTLY LOVE HIM AND THE "THE GUYS", BUT NOT FOR MY 6 YR OLD SON. MY 9 YR STEPSONS GRANDPARENTS TOOK HIM TO SEE HIM AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT... NOT FOR CHILDREN ....GREAT FOR ADULTS
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byjreinarz November 8, 2009

perfect for tweens-they have seen it all!

LOVE IT
Parent of a 13 year old Written byThe Big Cheese November 14, 2012

Lighten up!

It certainly is nothing my 13 year old hasn't heard before.
Adult Written bydana527 October 23, 2009
My husband and I watched about ten minutes of the show and turned the channel. In my opinion, the portion of the show I saw consisted mainly of sexual jokes and innuendos, not to mention the foul language. Face it, we all know (even the kids) what they're saying even with the bleeps! I think a lot of times our teens get mixed messages about what is appropriate for them to watch because we set one standard for ourselves as adults and a different standard for them as young adults. As Christians, I feel we should have the same standards for ourselves as we have for our teenagers when it comes to what we expose ourselves to on TV and at the movies. Vulgar is vulgar, no matter if you're 17 or 47!
Adult Written bykaetra November 19, 2009

Not for kids under 15

The show has puppets, but it is NOT for children. It is also not nearly as funny as his specials and stand up. Both shows I watched had full 10 minute segments of advertising for the guest's products. He takes the off- color humor to a much higher level in the series.
Parent Written byMatt The Gamer November 9, 2009

About 13+

Face it. It's a terrific show. Jeff Dunham is hilarious. He is rarely overly vulgar at all. If you can't handle a few bleeped words and think that that is bad for your kids then don't watch it. But, if you enjoy a wacky and funny comedian and his little buds... then do watch it. Me and my family enjoy it very much. As I said it rarely goes over the top. The only thing that may concern some is that Jeff Dunham is a big time Conservative Republican and doesn't mind people knowing it. So, for more Liberal parents that don't want their kids exposed to differing opinions shouldn't let them watch it. Personally I believe that it is smart to see both opinions and make a decision as to your beliefs on your own when you are old enough to. Anywho... I love this show, as does my family. 5/5 stars.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byConcernec aunt December 7, 2009
This show is mainly for adults only. Because it runs on the comedy channel you have to be careful of content. If you compare his show to the blue collar comedy tour they are about the same in ratings due to content. It should not be watched 16yr olds or younger.
Adult Written bytaralena July 3, 2016

It used to be good

I used to enjoy his show but when he said GOD DA@@@, that changed it for me, seems every time I see him, his language is more vulgar and they didn't even bleep the word on t.v. !! Then after all that's happened with suicide bombings, he now makes that a part of his show and thats just wrong. In no shape or form is that funny. He's gonna end up saying something about gays, which he's added more of and I have a chihuahua as a service dog and a few jokes, ok, but he went on and on about how awful it is to have a chihuahua. He's digging himself right in the ground, fame has got to his head and there's more that isn't funny than funny so I quit watching him. Fame has gone way over his head, I loved to watch him at the beginning but I'm through watching him.
Educator and Aunt Written byNone Y. February 12, 2017

My review of Jeff Dunham after seeing live show

Jeff Dunham came to town recently and there was a coworker who was selling their tickets because they had other obligations. I was thinking back to when I saw some of his stand up bits on tv and from what I remembered, I honestly thought this would be a pretty clean show - Oh, how wrong I was! (The ticket were a very short notice option and I blame myself for not doing more extensive research. It is sad that we have to do such things in the first place. This show was a HUGE disappointment) Review: He definitely is not as funny as when he first started, far from his humble beginnings as a family man back when he first debuted in the 90's. His act was sharp, and you could see his talent as a ventriloquist. There is a video of him back in 1991, just for laughs, and he was great. What happened? He must have sold his soul for fame, because it is evident in his act. Now, his act is lame and he can't even keep his lips from moving. It's all gone, his life is catching up with him. The performance was full of: ~Blasphemy (always a disappointment for me even if only saying, "O my G-d" in surprise, asking God to damn something, and especially a lack of reverence to the Holy Name of Jesus) ~Cursing, sexual innuendos, and various other forms of immaturity as if it's cool to be like that ~Talking about his own children in a sexual sense (he talked extensively about changing his baby boy's diapers and handling their private parts, which started to make me wonder if he is a pedophile or something) ~Making fun of women who wear full face veils -he said burka- (although he claims that he never gave his terrorist character an official religion in some interviews) **Note: I am all for protecting our borders and issuing a temporary ban on travel from countries that are known to harbor terrorists (as other countries have done) in order to put a system in place which make immigration into this country safe for everyone, but, making fun of the most oppressed group of women is in the same zone as making fun of someone who is handicapped or has some other affliction that they would otherwise not choose to have. ~and so much more! Personally, I think true comedy is done without any of this. If a person has to resort to the same old, tired, shock humor --then that shows just how much they lack any real comedic talent. It's easy to gross people out or make them really uncomfortable, but how is this entertainment? Some people laugh when they are uncomfortable, and this does the opposite of creating positive feelings derived from innocent humor and joy. Those with already corrupt hearts and minds get a sick pleasure of further corruption like a heroine addict craving the drug that kills him. Summary: Although he has very well crafted puppets with great facial detail, some of these instruments could be better put to use by actual comedians without being used to promote corruption in the minds and hearts of others. You know those people who tell clean jokes that actually require thinking and use of logic? That's is the kind of stuff that actually fosters the good in people and leaves them with a positive feeling rather than feelings of disgust or shame. Consider seeing Tim Hawkins instead, if you want real entertainment from a real man. I'm a pretty conservative person now, but I haven't always been this way. Since I've seen it all before, it actually no longer appeals to me, thankfully, I have grown up and I am able to see things for what they really are. I actually used to be a mix of atheist/agnostic or whatever else I thought was cool at the time. I think my main problem was that I gave this a mental stamp of safe because of the puppets (In fact, that actually makes it more evil because of his appeal to children). Sometimes good entertainers go bad, and sometimes bad performers make a change for the better. Moral of the story: Always stay up to date on the things you think are safe, because the devil sneaks in everywhere to try to get you. God Bless.
Parent Written byRonda M. February 9, 2017

Review of Live Traveling Show - Full of the F word and plenty of other bad language

The comedy routines are actually pretty funny... Unfortunately the routines are riddled with bad language! Not just a few words sprinkled here and there but literally the F*** word over and over again. I find no humor in this! Absolutely NOT for children... and to tell you the truth... as an adult it is not for me either!