Kid reviews for The Mandalorian

Sci-fi violence, real magic in small-screen Star Wars show.

Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2020

The best thing on Disney Plus!

This is the best Star Wars show ever made! I love the action and the plot! I was really tempted to know what would happen after the last episode. I also loved to see Baby Yoda (AKA The Child) in it, because he's the cutest thing you've ever seen. I give Jon Favreau a big applause.

Hi. This is an update on season 2 of The Mandalorian. Season 2 is a lot darker and scenes that will scare children under 11 years. Season 1 is fine for 8 year olds, although episode 6 I recommend for kids 11 and up. Please note that this is an update.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHappyShudai December 16, 2019

Depends on your family

A close family friend has two young daughters - who are all into Star Wars; they've watched every single movie, TV show, etc. They had no problem watching The Mandalorian because they have been exposed to the kinds of things that go on in the SW universe, and their parents have gone over multiple times that "it's make believe," or "this is bad/good," that sort of thing.

My recommendation is if your child has never seen Star Wars before, this show is more for tweens/teens (11+). There are instances of cursing (nothing too serious, just things that have been said before in previous films); as well as multiple fight scenes and scens of peril which might or might not agree with a sensitive or younger child. You will want to start with the Original Trilogy (Episodes IV, V, and VI) to get a sense of the violence and imagery of this universe if they are any younger or a bit sensetive.

All in all, albeit scenes of violence and peril this show exemplifies selflessness and other positive traits that a parent may be able to talk to their child about.

Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2021

Age rating should be based off you child's maturity level.

Absolutely loved it!

I know my rating says 12+ but that's only how I felt myself when I was watching it. I'm personally a very squeamish person though; Im scared of the dark, I hate seeing blood, I dont like seeing raw meat, etc. So really if your kid is fine with everything in this show and they are mature enough I feel like they could even watch it at age 7! (please continue reading)

This show is a spin-off of the star wars saga. It takes place 5 years after the movie Return of the Jedi. It does contain multiple aspects such as charterers from the star wars movies so I recommend watching all of them first. According to my dad it also contains things from multiple star wars series, animated series, comics, novels, and books. I recommend watching and reading everything you can about the star wars universe before watching this, although no background knowledge is necessary other than Jedi can use the force, the empire is bad, and that the manorial is a bounty hunter and what bounty hunters do.

This show contains:
-Aliens (witch may scare some small children)
-Guns, spears, and other weapons
-Mentions of death
-Experimentation on live subjects
-explosions, fire
-Masked figures (such as the mandalorians)
-Etc

Many characters get killed and die.
I have had to look away a few times during the show but most of the time I was ok with seeing characters get hurt because they were wearing armor and/or sometimes they would just get disintegrated (turned to dust/ash) so no blood.

Please also read other reviews as mine doesn't list absolutely EVERYTHING about the show. Thank you.
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2021

This is the Trend

No matter if you are a Star Wars fan or not, you will have no regrets watching this. It is absolutely a masterpiece, merging sci-fi, comedy, action, and drama all in one show. There is a lot of violence, as enemies and occasionally allies die, and there are fistfights blasters, but there is no blood or gore whatsoever. I wish I could say that every episode is crazy good, however around one or two in a season are not as great as the others. I wouldn’t recommend skipping any of them though! Big shoutout to Jon Favreau and Pedro Pascal for making this show possible!

Kid, 11 years old November 16, 2019

Family friendly and not too violent

Spoiler free:

I watched the first two episodes with my 3 year old sister, and she loved it! So did I. At some parts, she got scared from the monsters, but later realized that its just what people look like in Star Wars. There is no blood involved with this show. No cursing.
Now I’m gonna talk about how good the show is: it has some really epic moments, especially in episode 2. It also has great action sequences that don’t look forced. The CGI is amazing. The drones are really cool, especially in episode 1. Lastly, the score is really good.
I only have one negative, and its that i have to wait a whole week for episode 3 :-(
If you are a Star Wars fan, go watch it. You get a 7 day free trial for Disney+ and you can watch the first 2 episodes.
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2019

One of the best on Disney Plus

This show is great and just from the first episode. It was fun and had a very intriguing story. If you are a Star Wars fan I highly recommend you watch this one. The show does get quite violent however, but nonetheless it is not bloody.

Teen, 17 years old Written byEthan R. March 17, 2020

A great addition to the Star Wars universe

It is a captivating show, and is similar to the other Star Wars movies in relation to its content. This is mild violence through out. There is hardly and bad language.

Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2020

Great Sequel Trilogy Prequel!

Not too-violent Star Wars Spinoff following a post-imperial bounty hunter. Some explosions that leave stormtrooper's bodies laying around. A creature is sliced in half(no blood or gore), and characters are killed with blasters. A mythrol is carbon-frozen. Very minimal if not no blood. Characters at a bar drinking in brief scene but none are underage. At the end of the day, Mando is just trying to protect "The Child" so some positive messages here and there of friendship and perseverance.
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2020

A show about single parenting

Its LITERALLY a show about single parenting

Teen, 13 years old Written byAnyan1 February 13, 2020

Fantastic

The Mandalorian is a fantastic show. I don’t like a lot of violence and gore, and this show has a little, but there was no real gore. I don’t suggest this to younger kids as some episodes have more violent scenes. But it’s so worth it the first time you see the face of“The Child”. The soundtrack is perfect, the characters are amazing, and the story line is just perfect!
Teen, 17 years old Written bysuperman13 January 11, 2020

Polished, enthralling Star Wars entertainment which affirms the saga's vitality.

Like the majority of Star Wars fans, I find that Abrams'/Johnson's new trilogy (save for the Force Awakens) has failed to deliver. From its tiresome overplotting and misguided screenwriting decisions, the Star Wars saga is in dire need of revitalization. If you're a dismayed Star Wars fanatic in need of an entertaining tale of the Galaxy far far away, look no further than Jon Favreau's "The Mandalorian"- an outstanding independent cannon entry into the Star Wars franchise. "The Mandalorian" boasts some of the most gorgeous cinematography I've ever seen, and coupled with white knuckled action sequences, makes for some of the best Star Wars entertainment of all time. It emulates the thrill of the original trilogy while establishing its own identity as a quasi Spaghetti-Western. Familiarity with Star Wars lore is not necessary to understand the plot, but it will enrich the experience and help you understand the show's backstory and numerous callbacks. The violence is bloodless and fairly tame, but it is a hair too intense for young children. The first episode isn't much to write home about, but stick with it and you'll soon be ravenous for more. "The Mandalorian" earns my recommendation.

(P.S. Everything you've heard about Baby Yoda is true. He's the most adorable thing I've ever laid eyes on.)
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2020

First few episodes are probably okay for kids ages 8+

The first few episodes are probably good for some kids. But then it starts getting a little violent at episode 4. Lots of scenes with Sci-Fi violence throughout the whole series. Episode 6 could be a little ify for 9 year olds. In the last few episodes the Mandalorian and his colleagues work together and make dangerous risks to save another character. Other than that the show is amazing. Also if do show this to your younger ones they are likely to be obsessed over one character who is absolutely adorable, Baby Yoda.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylogan90 December 9, 2019

Not really violent

This show goes for a kind of vigilante character, but he does show to be a good person. Because it takes place in Star Wars, there isn’t really any gore, people just get hit by blasters and fall backwards. There are a couple possibly scary creatures, but that’s Star Wars for ya. It’s a very good story line so far staring a bounty hunter, and has a different feel to it than normal Star Wars. I say 7+ because younger kids might not understand some concepts in it, like bounty hunters and other things.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRageAgainstRose November 29, 2019

The best show ever

The one problem is you get a new episode every Friday.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAries... November 22, 2019

Great show, Positive role models, Action packed, Interesting

The Mandalorian is about a bounty hunter whose mission was to find a 50 year old man and bring him back alive to his client. His payment was a bar of Beskar steel used to update his armour. After he sets off on his mission he is saved by two blurgg by a vapor farmer and is shown the location of his "fugitive". The Mandalorian is surprised to find a child of Yoda's species as the 50 year old. A bounty droid tries to finish off the same mission by terminating the child, but The Mandalorian kills the bot and takes the child with him. Although his job is grimm, he does it efficiently with as little casualties as possible all while showing mercy for the child and women. There is still violence, just as there is in any other Star Wars based episodes, but no blood or gore is shown. Explosions, guns, and brawls are all present.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTbird26 November 16, 2019

First Star Wars spin off show is intense and fun; a great follow up to Return of the Jedi and the rise of the First Order

This is a strange year for Disney. Remaking classics and also starting a streaming site. Yes! Disney + is a decent streaming site for longtime fans of Marvel, Star Wars, Disney channel shows, Avatar, the Simpsons, and even original shows like this. This for me is a great spin off show to watch every Friday night. Even though yes it is still in development it is still a magical classic Star Wars adventure that adds to the charm of the Star Wars series. Even has cute moments with a Yoda like creature that steals every scene. Even the Mandalorian himself steals every scene he is in. I would give this TV show (a strange thing to say) a 95/100
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2021

Very good series

The Mandalorian is a series telling about Mando (i forgot his real name) ,a bounty hunter, breaking the bounty hunter code by saving a Child of some sort(it was as a bounty but it was helpless so Mando saved it). He goes througout the galaxy to 1.- Find people of his own and 2.- get the Child to a Jedi.

Violence:
-the typical Star Wars blaster and lightsaber fighting stuff
-stormtrooper gets stabbed in the back (literally), but its from the front so no blood.
-Mando has a head injury and then Cara checks his wound and then you can see blood on her hands for a bit.
-stormtroopers burning alive(but they are in armor and helmets so you don't really see anything that much).

Sex: None

Swearing: mild insults like hell, damn and wise ass is used once. Also a few invented insults in the Star Wars like son of a mudscuffer etc.

Drinking: in a bar you can see people drink something.

It is a great series for tweens 11+

Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2021

Star Wars is finally coming back!

This is fine for kids, not scary, too violent, or inappropriate at all! And the quality of the show itself is incredible and I feel that the exciting, inspiring, and all around amazing kind of Star Wars is returning after the sequel series, which didn’t really pass the test at all when it comes to true Star Wars. The main character,mando, learns certain lessons along the way of the show and developed as a character. The fight scenes are absolutely incredible and I can’t wait to see The Book of Boba that is being made by the same director/writer as The Mandalorian . This show is of great quality and fine for kids, now GO WATCH IT!!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byLoranikas303 July 13, 2021