Parent reviews for The Middleman

The Middleman Poster Image

Sexualized insult comedy

There are many sexual references in the constant banter. They use "lesbian" and "homosexual" as if they are slurs. Most of the banter is insult comedy. Trying very hard to be hip and impress... who? No positive role models in the 5-10 minutes before we got disgusted and binned it.

Kids under 11 should NOT watch this show

I have a hard time thinking of an age group for which this show would be appropriate. Adults are above the cheesy outfits and content, and there's too many sexual references for me to justify subjecting my 8 and 9-year-olds to it. In the first episode alone, there was the unnecessary use of the words 'homosexual' and 'lesbian' (there's no need for that in a TV show for kids. There was also a "strip club" featured in it (not ACTUAL stripping was going on in the show, but the dancer was highly suggestive, if not raunchy). In my role as a parent, I have to be the one suggesting shows for my kids to watch, and nothing in this first episode makes me want to affirm this show to my kids. There is nothing "family" about this show except fot the name of the TV station (i.e. ABC Family). Sorry.

not rated for age

Quirky but our whole family likes it

Our 7, 9 & 11 year olds all loved this show. It has quirky plots and characters that the kids really enjoyed. The Middleman is a model "goody two shoes" complete with old fashioned morals & sayings like "Golly gee whiz." His young modern sidekick questions his old fashioned moral way of dealing with things, but finds out he's often right. The humor is like the old Bugs Bunny cartoons -- younger kids get the physical humor and basic jokes. Older kids and adults catch more of the quick one liners. The violence isn't the focus of the show and it's done like a parody of Men in Black and other action films. If you're looking for a safe, non-Disneyish show for kids to move on to, this is one of them. Also if your older kids were interested in the show Pushing Daisies, but not quite ready for that content, this is a good alternative.