Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 10 parent reviews

Sort by:

I can't stand it.

The only reason why I am giving this show a 2 instead of a 1 is that,only Season 1 of it was good.Now,it's just downhill crap,because they started to use corny punchlines.

The show is good for tweens (and even some teens!)

The show may remind adults of 'The Monkees'. The show, which by the way "delivered Nickelodeon's highest-rated premiere in seven years", is a phenomenal musical family production (which is made by a REAL family!) The show is a family clan project, depicting the real musical talents of prodigious brothers Nat & Alex Wolff, who write, perform & sing all of their own music. The boys' mom, actress/writer Polly Draper, who was part of the ensemble cast on ABC's 'Thirtysomething', is the show's runner, creator, executive producer, head writer, and most frequent script writer & director. Draper's husband and the boys' musically acclaimed father, jazz pianist Michael Wolff (band leader of "The Arsenio Hall Show" and worked with tons of musical artists - ranging from jazz singer Nancy Wilson to jazz legend Frank Sinatra), acts as his son's inept father who plays the accordion, is also the show's music supervisor, music producer, and co-executive producer. Basically what Ms. Draper does is that she takes her youngest son's (Alex) quick wits, eldest son's (Nat) songs, and any other encounters and parodies it into a fictional storyline. As the show is a mock documentary (also known as a mockumentary), it spoofs the boys' real musical lives and their band - which they star in with their real childhood friends. Plus cameras follow the boys' everywhere they go - and their's no laugh track either! Mr. Wolff recalls when Nat was young he taught himself how to play major chords on the piano calling them his "proud chords". Also, both boys' take inspiration from the rock-and-roll band, The Beatles (Alex was inspired by Ringo Starr to take up the drums!) After Nat nudged his parents to become a child star, she came up with a wonderful idea; she decided to write and direct a low-budget, independent family project - depicting Nat's band. They entered the film into the Hamptons International Film Festival, where it received the Audience Award for Family Feature Film. Nickelodeon, then, picked it up as a pilot for the TV series.

The Naked Brothers Band

Where is GWAR when you need them?

First two seasons are really good!

The first two seasons of this show were pretty age appropriate for my child. The later one(s?) were over the top with kissing (obviously not just on the lips), crush obsession and inappropriate clothing for some female characters. I love that the actors really do play instruments and write music-most were musicians before they starred in this show. Sooooo much better than Hannah Montana. Dialogue is fairly smart and funny. I think the name of the show turns a lot of parents off before they give it a chance.

DO NOT WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

awful

ugh rosalina stop :( :( :( :(

rosalina is soooooo dramatic i think nat should leave her my friend watches this and i saw the last one so far see wants to get back in the band ?1 he should say no she left him thats not right

Cute Show

I don't think it's really going to appeal to teens (looks like I'm right after reading some of their reviews), but my two daughters (almost 6 and 7) love it. My 9 year old son- not so much. He doesn't hate it but usually leaves the room or finds something else to do when it's on. The girls love the music and the characters. Personally, I think the saga with Rosalina is getting a little old- how many times is she ALMOST gonna leave the band or break up with Nat for good??? But my girls love it and it's right in their dramedy ballpark. We like the style of the show- mockumentary- and the humor is sometimes pretty clever. The acting is terrific; these kids are really talented, and I thought I'd read somewhere that most of the music is actually written by Nat- if true, he's not bad. Sometimes a tad melodramatic and emotional and romantic, but what can you expect when you come from a family of actors and and musicians?

The title says it all...

do you really want your children watching a show about Naked brothers in a band? I don't care what it is supposed to mean- the show is stupid & pointless!

Wow

I gotta say this. This show is nothing but a waste of not only my time but my 2 kids , these kids dont even look like there playing the instruments , and wow what a cry-E little girl those two brothers are. Nick please please take this crappy show off the air so my kids eyes wont bleed when they watch it. Point blank this show suckkks!! i Hate it!

ok

the show is not good. But their music is good.