Adult Written byLowe's man March 25, 2016

Values are good. Artistic quality leaves lot to be desired.

While this show is clean and positive, the kids nevertheless look stiff, as does the title character. Some no-nonsense type people like herself can do so and still be liked. Not so here. She comes across as someone you would not want to associate with unless you wanted dryness. I might be passing judgement, as I only saw this show once or twice. Yet this is not something I'd want to watch again.
Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015
Educator Written byKristyC May 29, 2012

Sad Stereotype!

The Nanny has to be one of the funniest sitcoms I've seen over the years. However, despite the widely positive reviews given by other reviewers, I believe it to be inappropriate for children and teens. While there's no violent or sexually blatant material (the innuendos will fly over most kids' heads), I will never allow my children to watch shows that depict this desperate single woman stereotype. Fran (along with her mother) is overly age-conscious and seems less concerned about who'll she'll marry as when she'll marry. She constantly tries to manipulate Maxwell to gain his affections, and continues to wait for him for years, even after he takes back his 'I love you'. In fact, the character reminds me a lot of Charlotte from 'Sex and the City'. It's shows like this that reinforce to impressionable young women that they have to be partnered/married to feel good about themselves, and that they should remain in relationships in which they are not being appreciated rather than risk being single.
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byThe kitchen queen June 14, 2010

Its THE BEST THERE IS

My family loves it since the CLASSIC its the famaliy fave WE love it because of all the actors and our children can learn about them and ya its just some sexual behavior but children can get use to it
Parent of a 9 year old Written byitrustmykid March 1, 2010

The Nannys a show i prefer

Kids will learn from the many mistakes made in the show and The Nanny is a show i prefer more than most TV shows on in todays TV world its SEX SEX SEX. To be exact theres a show name Sex In The City
Parent of a 10 year old Written bywinston1 February 16, 2010

Perfect for tweens!!!!!!

Kids nine years old and under will not be able to under stand some of the language they use (especially C. C.) When Fran and Maxwell get married it becomes more inappropriate because Fran wears a lot of sexy pajamas to turn Maxwell on. But for older kids it fabulous!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

The Nanny

Funny show. My grandma first got me into this show because she watches it so much.
Adult Written byeagle_wings2000 April 9, 2008

I love it!!!

The show is a big hit, only one thing you don't run it enough on TV, Put The Nanny on Nick at Nite and take off Growing Pains.