All parent member reviews for The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Adult Written byDaShaunda April 9, 2008

I can't stand this show

I used to let my 6 year old watch The Suite Life because she seemed to enjoy it so much. Within a few weeks I noticed her behavior changed - she wouldn't listen to me, she was disrespectful, and I always found her doing stuff she knew she shouldn't be doing. I realized her attitude was worse after watching an episode of Zack and Cody. When I sat down to watch an entire show I found that the boys and the adults were very rude and disrespectful to each other. I no longer allow her to watch the show and her demeanor has changed for the better. I do not recommend this program to anyone.
Adult Written byMama Bear April 9, 2008

What is Disney Channel thinking???

This program is a nightmare. What are they thinking with the TV Y-7 rating? This show is NOT for kids aged 7 to 9, imo. I think it's too sophisticated for children in this age group, mainly because the characters are kids older than 7 to 9 year olds with life situations much different than this age group (i.e.,conversations about having crushes, etc., words like "HOT!', etc) ALSO, where does Disney do its casting, in Utah?? The actors and actresses on its popular shows (except for "That's So Raven" with its African-American lead actress) are all white, beautiful, and in the in crowds. No one is fat, ugly or not dressed fashionably. What does that tell your children? The only way you will be successful is if you are good looking and hang out in crowds w/the beautiful people and behave a certain way. I am cancelling Disney Channel at my house. There are too many other more worthwile things my kids' minds can be fixed on besides this junk-food TV.
Adult Written byyll April 9, 2008

Questionable values, stereotypes

This show features two young boys withprepubescent hormonal rages getting into schemes to meet girls and obtain material things like bikes. One boy perpetually teases his brother about being a goody-goody nerd, while the other is both a behavior problem and dislikes school. Can you say stereotype. The hotel owner's daughter is vapid and self-absorbed. But the stereotype that I found most distasteful was a German inspector character named Schickelgruber. Some things shouldn't even be joked about. The world's most notorious mass murderer is one of them.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byamatog December 6, 2009
Hate it too much attitude for these kids. My daughter ends up imitating them which annoys me to no end
Adult Written bysalima22 July 10, 2009

we need responsible media

I don't agree with teaching 8 year old that they should be kissing each other. We need to teach our children some moral values. Disney doesn't care about this at all it seems. Just do what's popular regardless of the societal consequences I guess is their motto.
Adult Written byDragonflychic April 9, 2008

Great show for all children

This is a great show! Funny clean enjoyable. Not like some of the cartoons on now days that are just plain out Gross! Like Ahh Real monsters. And they are "CARTOONSSSSSS!" Ment for little kids.
Adult Written byMarciamom3 April 9, 2008

i think that this tv show is horrible. Dylan and Cole are horrible actors, HORRIBLE, and they need to cut their hair. It's gotten to the point where it just looks shaggy, misshapen and just plain unattractive.
Adult Written bytskid April 9, 2008

harmless, i guess, but not real

my main issue is with the genre of this type of series (harkens back to silver spoons or different strokes). but the kids seem nice enough, and there does not appear to be a lot of social cruelty, and indeed sometimes some valuable life lessons are learned. just not sure how this reflects the socio-economic reality most kids live. (perhaps that is the point -- it is a TV show, for crying out loud).
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Sexual Content (Pause): Some kisses and heavy flirting. Lots of innuendo, especially in the first season. Violence (Not an Issue): Some slapstick and pratfalls with rare - but comedic - injuries. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (Pause): Adults and children are rude to one another. Commercialism (Pause): Money and material wealth are celebrated. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (None): None.
Parent of a 8, 11, and 16 year old Written byBeverleyAnne December 20, 2014
A brilliant Disney Original show. Very glad my children were brought up on this. My husband and I also get a good laugh out of the suite life. Not only is it funny but the show breaks all stereotypes and is great for equality e.g dumb Asian-smart blonde girl. If they ever play this on tv again, make sure to watch it!
Adult Written byLPSFan1994 April 4, 2014

Great Values!

Zack and Cody start out the series as the new kids in town. They depict the average feeling of new kids in trying make friends and fit in. They live in the hotel because their mom works at the hotel as a singer, but they have just as many rules as other kids. When they do something wrong they get in trouble. However the boys' antics have saved the hotel and the characters jobs on more than one occasion. They strive to fit in and be kids, it has even taught the adults on the show a lesson or two, like when a conman and his daughter stayed at the hotel and set it up to look like he fell on Zack's skateboard. Zack and Maddie figured it out that Holly was too smart in conning someone the way she did and realized that her dad wasn't really hurt. Or when Mr. Tipton was ready to come to fire someone because he was in a bad mood, they got Muriel to act like she still worked at the hotel so he would fire her even though she was already retired. On more than one occasion Zack and Cody have saved the day and/or taught someone a valuable lesson like listening to the little person or standing by your friends. It doesn't teach kids ways to get into trouble, sure they may get in trouble but what kid hasn't gotten into some kind of trouble at some point?
Parent Written byMom 8yo girl 5yo boy March 1, 2014

Disney missed the mark

The episode I just watched with my kids ends with the mom saying she was wrong after the boys had cost her tons of money messing something up…"I'm the parent, I make the money. You're the kids, you're supposed to play and have fun…parents are supposed to take care of kids, not kids taking care of parents." I disagree with this entire philosophy of life. As a family unit, we all have responsibilities. If there was something redeeming in this show, I'd be more okay with it.
Parent Written bymommie_c July 17, 2013

The titlle was perfect for show, if it comes back on air it should be "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody Dorm Years"

This show is a great show my 13 year old and 8 year old still loves watching this show on netflix it is timeless and funny, I also it enjoy it! It should come back on air
Parent of a 2, 8, and 12 year old Written bycremepie998 September 2, 2012

9-10 Year Old Boys MAKING OUT?? Um, No Way!

The show is funny, the actors are (mostly) good but the boys are WAY too young to be thinking about girls they way they are. In one episode, Cody and his GIRLFRIEND, Barbra, start completely making out! I was surprised and make sure I watch it with my kids. If anything else horrible goes on, I'll be there to turn it off.
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

The twins cruise girls like they're shopping for candy ... but they're not really old enough to act on anything in an inappropriate way. Characters sometimes learn lessons about topics like friendship and responsibility, but in general the show is intended to entertain and amuse rather than convey specific positive messages. The fact that the twins suddently become popular after getting a cool place to live (the Tipton Hotel), sends iffy messages about what's important in friendships.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 12, 2010
Parent of a 17 year old Written bySepules June 7, 2010
I really like this show. It's wayy better than te Suite life on Deck.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bytmj2037c January 1, 2010

too cute

typical tween language, not what i would let my 6 yrold say... but the show is very funny. we love it
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byluzinitx3 November 11, 2009
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

good show

this show is great but the two boy flirt way to much.