All parent member reviews for The WotWots

Educator and Parent Written byYourmomm November 27, 2015

Oh for heaven's sake

Yes they speak with a silly language, which my kids love. Yes, there is no deep and meaningful message, or ethical quandries for the characters, from which they can learn and grow. And yes, we seem to very serious about our kids just having some fun. The two characters (brother and sister aliens) are cute, happy, and extremely good-natured. If you really think everything your child does should be educational, you could argue that they model wonderful social/cooperative sibling behaviour with each other, and how to have FUN. The programme is a delight for my kids. And we ALL enjoy (kids and adults alike) laughing and repeating the language back at the screen together. The kids think it's a riot. And LAUGH. Especially when we join in with the language. And, as an adult, i can watch the wot wots with my kids again and again, and it's ok: the programme doesn't bother me with repetition, and my kids reactions to it, are ALWAYS priceless. So yep. Lighten up a bit. Learning to have fun is the most important lesson our kids can ever get...
Parent of an infant, 3, 5, and 5 year old Written byFowlerFan May 5, 2012

Language Issue Too Much

I can't get past the language they use. I have a real issue with shows that use "made up languages". I don't want my kids imitating how they speak - I don't let them watch it. Maybe for a 1 year old who can't talk or a 10 year old who can :)