Kid reviews for The X Factor

Simon Cowell's Idol follow-up lags behind original.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLoranikas303 June 12, 2020
Sure, it’s better than American Idol. I’m not getting tired when I watched rude contestants and I watched talent shows all the time. Some rude contestants saying bad words at the judges and the outside. Mild language doesn’t bleeped. I hear a one judge saying “b**chy” at these 3 teen girls and they act like that in UK version. Zoe Alexander yelling swear words at judges and Nicole says “inappropriate!”. Yeah, that’s too inappropriate for a family show. There is the Brittney Spears impersonator dancing suggestly with judges and crowds; she gets 4 nos. It’s just like Got Talent shows but only for singing voices. I’m bored of singing voices because it’s just like churches, contestants doing covers, and I fell asleep. It’s an okay show in my opinion.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJoanna Wood October 15, 2017

Good for all ages

This is a good TV show that the whole family will enjoy.

Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2013

the truth in Xfactor

ok I'm sorry for being rode but there isn't ANY sex OR sex related things some of the judges outfits are iffy but come on people a 5 year old could watch it! Parents please be reasonable!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySamira.A October 29, 2013

I can't get enough of it!

Tbh I think X Factor is such an amazing show. It has amazing judges, perfect talent, and basically shows others that you too can go onto that stage and follow your dreams like those singers/groups on stage. It's a perfect show for anyone, especially if you're looking for a new music artist/group to listen to. I watch YouTube videos and count down the minutes to when it finally comes on my TV. Best show I've ever watched!

Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2012

Like American Idol

good show like Idol

Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2012
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink December 26, 2011

Overall Good

Way better than American Idol where they say everyone is wonderful. Nicole goes on my nerves a bit. Overall good show.

Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2011

Better than American Idol!

This show is amazing! It is better than American Idol! During auditions you would have to be careful when younger kids watch it. But otherwise its great for younger kids!

Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2011

BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!

This the best TV show ever now that Piers Morgan quit Americas Got Talent. It's only flaws are that there are cuss words but most are bleeped except for h-ll, blo-dy, and crap, but I still am a loyal viewer. Oh and by the way I am team SIMON!!!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byredskull322 September 27, 2011

Completely Scripted and a Waste of Time

This, quite frankly, is a very poor imitation of American Idol. People seem to liken this show to American Idol, but in reality, this is a completely scripted show with poor judging and a formulaic format. Every bit of this show is rehearsed...the script is completely written and I'm almost inclined to believe that the contestant is in on the script. If you're expecting a show like American Idol, don't bother viewing this.

As for the actual appropriateness, this show is not any worse than any other competitive show (mild language with censoring, some sexually provocative clothing choices and dances)

Kid, 12 years old September 23, 2011

Awesome Show, But A Lot Like American Idol

This show is very good, but really similar to American Idol. Even though it's rated TV-14, I see no need for it to be. On one episode one guy pulled down his pants (and underwear) for the whole song pretty much, but it was blocked out by a giant red/black X Factor logo. Of course some of the contestants sware when they don't make it, but most words are bleeped and mouths are covered with the The X Factor logo. Most of the contestants (mostly the ones who make it) are good role models. One of them has been living in his car, but never gave up his dream for singing. For another one, this is her last hope-she has kids and no money. I also think that the show is a good message to follow your dreams.