Parent reviews for True and the Rainbow Kingdom

True and the Rainbow Kingdom Poster Image

Love it!

This show is perfect for my kids They are older now but they still love it! It’s not educational but good for a show to keep them entertained for a bit 😁 True is my daughter’s favorite her problem solving attitude is very amazing 😉 Bartlby (or however you spell his name) is very funny for young ones 😜 One thing is that all the characters are white I’m not trying to make anyone mad but you could add some more colors in skin but I would totally recommend this show! 👧🏻

No diversity

Although this show has cuteness factor, it's not very educational and the worst part is there is NO diversity. All the human characters are white and abled.

Not the worst but misses some easy opportunities

My 4 year LOVES the music and colors. The humor is harmless; she thinks Bartleby the cat is hilarious. I like True's approach to problem-solving by reviewing what she knows about the problem, identifying the obstacles and using resources to save the day. I desperately wish there was more diversity in the cast (all of the humans are assumed to be white) and more variety in the character development (Grizelda is always irredeemably bratty, Z is always unflappably wise, etc). At the end of the show we try to talk about what True learned and it's always a bit of a miss which signals to me that, while the show is fun and benign, she's not actually getting anything good out of it either. There are better ways to use her time but it's not the worst.

Toddler Treat

Our 2 year old loves this. If we ask her what she’d like to watch the answer is always “True” at the moment. It’s been Duggee, Cory Carson, & Peppa Pig in the past. The characters & lovely sharp, colourful images are really great. The brief mindfulness scene & problem solving parts of each episode are really good for all ages to see. Plus the fact that Trues best friend is a cat called Bartleby. It’s just an all round hit in our book, and our little one won’t even fully understand it all yet

this show is great!

My daughter loves this show! Most episodes teach great lessons, like sharing. She watched this show a lot, though she finished all the shows and episodes.

Junk food por little girls

I totally agree with the previous opinion titled "junk food". Visually: overstimulating (colours,speed,fast scenes and dialogues). Messages:just fast food for the mind. I wish our little children could enjoy the cartoons like Miyazaki ones (Totoro,Ponyo,Nicky with apprentice)

Innocent, fun and clever

This is a really good show to watch. Innocent, fun and clever. Exceptionally good tunes as well.

MUST WATCH!!!

Amazing show. Super positive with positive feedback. Great animation. Some sarcasm for adults but nothing dirty. I actually love this show. I think it's super funny Friends give each other help, and positive words. There was a racing episode where they didn't leave anyone behind. Friends cheer each other on. Just an overall great show. The yetis are so funny too

Sweet characters

True is a sweet character who is always helping her friends with thoughtfulness and creativity. The princess is a little grating, selfish, and obsessed with status and "stuff" but she is usually the one in trouble and realized her mistakes (just to make them again later)

It's a great emotionally stimulating platform

I have a daughter who is 3 and a half and a son who is almost 2. My daughter loves this show and has moved on from most of the shows that my son is still watching. All of them are educational learning programs. My son started showing a lot of interest in everything my daughter was interested, but I was worried that he would be moving too fast into programs that were geared towards older children. We let him start watching true because, as I observed, there were a lot of positives and I honestly couldn't find anything negative. The lessons that this program teaches are excellent life lessons that anyone would be proud to have their children emulate. Now my son ones all of the songs and even tries to be concerning and caring as the sure teaches. It's currently his favorite show, but it's not my first choice. I still prefer to put on more educational programs that are intended to teach him how to read and basic math. Both my kids are very advanced and my 3 year old has a reading comprehension of a 2nd grader. My 2 year old is able to already recognize words and can do simple addition.