Parent reviews for VeggieTales

VeggieTales Poster Image

Lots of issues

This is really not a good show for young children. My child came home from 3 year old preschool feeling scared, because she had watched an episode that featured a tornado. I was upset. And some children will be bothered by the idea that their food can walk and talk like them. Animals are more ideal characters. By the time children are old enough to watch this, they will think it is silly. That aside, this show is obviously designed for a white, Christian audience, which is disappointing . You could argue that this show teaches values, but I would rather my children learn these through fun, age-appropriate books.
1 person found this helpful.

Veggietales On TV ! Review by Logan Strohl

It may not be the same as the Veggietales direct to video and dvd videos because of removing God from it and messages to him but it still works really well and offers new things such as the mail , mail here is your mail ,Pa Grape's home movies , Archibald's big book of oddities and Paco the story telling Mule as well as some old things but done in a new way such as different letters and removing God from it because of NBC not being Christian but otherwise then it is still really good. Fun for the whole family and fans of Veggietales. It's not the classic one but I still enjoy it for what it is.

Wrong TV Rating

This is actually TV-Y7. I've seen this error on this site before. Zoom and Foster's Home also say TV-Y on here, but they are actually TV-Y7.

Classic

I loved this when I was little and now I let my daughter watch it. The graphics aren't great but you're hard pressed to find Godly messages in such a fun kid friendly way anywhere else

Blasphemy in Russian translation

In "The pirates who don't do anything" Russian translation bought on ivi.ru "Oh my god" is used 7 times. Very sad. I was expecting Christian content.

Great HOLY Show - even for liberals and SJWs

I want EVERYONE to watch this show. Watch it on TBN though not NBC because NBC censors the Christians notes. The reason I set the age to 5+ is because the characters use stupid, idiot, dang/darn, heck (the "not bad words") By the way it's an actual comedy. Not like Arthur or SpongeBob or The Simpsons or Family Guy or South Park which infiltrate the minds of children. Happy Easter!

Love it for my 4 year old

funny, entertaining and jam packed with good values and a few bible references here and there. It ends every episode with remember God loves you. I'm not christian but it is so refreshing to see so many good values being instilled in the children. Children are so impressionable and i'm glad something like this is available to balance out all the crap they may come into contact with.

LOVE !!

Love this show ! It’s great for all ages and religyor not ! It’s an all around great show! Can’t say anything negative about it!

Positive message

With all the things going on in this world today, this is one of the few safe shows for kids with such a positive message. I absolutely loved this show as a child... lost my faith for many years and realised mainstream TV was very well... damaging. I'm 26 now.. rediscovered my faith... thank the lord for caring about me! But anywho I'm watching it right now and I remember every word! Definitely recommended for anyone lol! I'm so happy and I wish more and more wake up and realise the truth, as it saved my life completely. Veggie takes is my jam

A Piece of Doo-Doo

The in depth messages of Veggie-Tales can sometimes be confusing. For example, one episode about lying terrified my 5 year old body, he thought that if he ever lied he would create a monster not understanding the message being that a lie gets bigger and bigger and eventually it will get out.