All parent member reviews for Wander Over Yonder

Parent Written byBCarter327 November 1, 2013

BAD for kids!

I can NOT stand this show! It reminds me of all the reasons I DONT let my kids watch cartoon network and always point them towards The Disney Channel... This is a MAJOR fail by Disney, it is just like all the crappy, weird cartoon network cartoons. Bright colors, mind melting. Lots of character interactions that make me uncomfortable as a parent of kids 7 and under. I REALLY hope Disney does not continue down this BAD CARTOON road. Fish hooks is not any better!
Educator and Parent Written byBrandon Espinoza October 4, 2013

Wander over Yonder review

I think it's one of Craig McCracken's finest series he has made for Disney Channel. I love the characters, setting, plot, all of it. There's nothing bad about it. It gets you excited when you watch it, you know Wander will put a smile on your face.
Adult Written byStella17 April 22, 2015

Visually and emotionally appealing

I'm surprised that people can find things to dislike about this show. It makes me think they didn't give it a fair chance. To begin with I wouldn't call it unnecessarily "flashy". The use of color is very nice and changes in each episode depending on the setting. You'll notice there are separate color pallets specifically for when they are in Hater's dark ship, ect. The art itself is nice to look at. This may depend on your personal tastes but I like the character designs. The animation is good, the characters always looks alive, even if it's just a subtle eye movement. The pacing depends on the episode and what's going on. I don't find it to be mind numblingly fast. I dislike the ultra quick pace some newer shows can have but WOY, while it can be fast, also knows how to utilize silence (See The Little Guy). Now for the show itself. It focuses on the adventures of Wander and Sylvia as they travel through space helping people and thwarting the villain, Lord Hater. There are a lot of feel good lessons about the value of helping others and looking on the bright side. What I appreciate about Wander is that he's upbeat without being obnoxious (like Spongebob has become). He has his moments of self doubt but ultimately bounces back. I enjoy a main character who puts a lot of value on kindness. We could use a lot more of it in real life really. Sylvia is equally wonderful. She's a tough girl but cares a lot about her friend. Their friendship is lovely and it's nice to see a boy/girl pair that aren't pushed to be a couple. And I like that Sylvia is the hot headed muscle and Wander is mild mannered and avoids conflict. It's nice that we're getting shows where boys can be heroes without having to punch something and girls can be strong. The villain is comically childish and as his name implies, full of hate. He's a lot of fun to watch, as if his army of Watchdogs. There's some cartoon violence in the show, but certainly nothing worse then what you would see on Looney Tunes. I would recommend watching a few episodes before you judge it for being "flashy and annoying". There are good characters and lessons here. I think it would be a shame to miss it.
Parent Written byJayce8654 January 22, 2015

Watching this since its debut

My sons have been watching Wander over Yonder, sanjay and craig, adventure time, regular show, clarence, uncle grandpa, 'gumball', Gravity Falls, etc, etc for a long time. I have DVR'ed several episodes of several childrens shows and embarked on an experiment to watch them all. And I did so. I once believed these shows were all harmless and created equal. I also know my child could be watching Family Guy or playing Grand Theft Auto. Its also relevant that the days of childrens shows have changed drastically and dramatically. Wander over Yonder is near the same level as Amazing world of Gumball. Its silly, goofy, funny, and entertaining. They have fun and for the most part without hurting anyone. Your childs maturity and intelligence level should be a factor as well. However, mostly this is a great show for kids. The slight social or realistic imperfections are so miniscule that its easy to overlook. I really enjoyed the story and some of the humor, definitely much better viewing experience than Uncle Grandpa. Thanks
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 5 year old Written byashleythompsonsc January 4, 2015

My new favorite...

As parents we all have shows we enjoy watching that our kids like. THIS is my new favorite! The star, Wander, is the most insanely optimistic little hero! He uses the "power of love" to save people, always wants to do what's right despite the difficulties and has hilarious situations where he insists on doing good in an evil space world
Parent Written byMystery01 January 15, 2014

Really Positive Show

This show is wonderful and such a good influence on younger audiences, every episode has great morals without them being shoved in your face. Its upbeat and entertaining even for older audiences, it does not have as many adult jokes as some other cartoons have but at the same time it does not talk down to children. I can't stand shows that talk down to kids. As someone who is a huge animation and art fan I also want to say how beautiful this show is as well, the designs, the colors, the creativity behind it is absolutely breath taking and the animation is so fluid and fun. Overall I think it's a really positive show.
Adult Written byJEDI micah September 19, 2013

Jack McBrayer is quite an entertainer!

As a fan of Craig McCracken's "The Powerpuff Girls" and "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", I must say that McCracken has done it again! McBrayer does an excellent job voicing Wander, that happy and energetic little alien dude! It's a face-paced, cute, and hilarious cartoon that kids of all ages will certainly enjoy!
Adult Written byMonsterWaifu March 27, 2016

Underrated for sure

its good for all ages yes, and thats whats so great about it. sure, the show can come off as random at times, but all characters are well though out. even to the 'evil sandwich' who is a re-occurring character. Just like any show, the first season was set to develop these characters, so that you know them, what they would or wouldn't do ect. Like most shows, the story line didn't start picking up till season 2, we just started scrapping the tip of the ice burg with its plot. the animation is wonderful. smooth, and cute. The voice acting is outstanding too, and how the audio matched the animation can be most entertaining. the writing is creative, and well though out. more so in season 2 than one in my personal opinion. the introduction of the new character Dominator gives the story a good hit of seriousness as she is the character who wont be changed or wooed by wander thus far, causing a real issue meaning how they will resolve this issue is beyond what we have seen out of the character so far. The main character Wander has some of the most 'lucky bastard' traits if we wanna talk some dnd. and to those who dont understand this is his character or gimmick can find the show even more random and senseless than usual MAINLY in season one. if ya haven't heard by now the show is going to be canceled after the last episode this June. cutting off the creators who had developed more story and characters. i call it irresponsible to cut a show off just as the story started to take off. it takes time to develop character. it takes time to develop plot. specially to an all age friendly show. that take smarts. anyone can write a story to 13 and up. its a shame how much this show is not noticed. it really is. and i hope that will change some time soon...
Parent Written byXxConcernedParentXx February 5, 2015

Its ok :)

Im 13 its not really my style but if its on I will turn it on my two year old sister watches it sometimes if it catches her eye while shes playing its soooo cute :3 I like the episode with the little kitten wander is prepared to give up his clothes and shoes for her and wear a POTATO SACK lol good show not the best but a good one, good job disney
Adult Written byprettyboy March 15, 2014
Lovable characters, entertaining scenarios, and excellent scenery! Wander and his bff Sylvia are intragalactic outlaws on the run from the evil Lord Hater. Wander is sweet and friendly to everyone he meets--even the evil guy who wants him imprisoned. His good attitude and niceness is a breath of fresh air with so many main characters on TV getting laughs with cynicism.
Educator and Parent of a 6 and 15 year old Written byImportantParent January 19, 2014

good show, pls watch

wander is aderable!! jak mcbraier has da best voic ever. i like dat sho