Parent reviews for Wednesday

Wednesday Television: Poster image

Too much tortured adolescent vibe with parental issues

7 people found this helpful.

Very Good Highly Recommend For Age 13+ Or For Mature 12 Year Olds That Can Handle A Lot Of Violence

This was a great series I really enjoyed watching it but this is not for kids at all. Gory, violence, some kissing, and some comments kids won't understand, there is some language too such as the B*** Shi* D*** Godda** Hell and some other rude words that the people call the nevermore students. Many of the students' kiss make out etc, nothing too inappropriate but it definitely is not good for kids 11 and under to see this I think mature 12 yr olds can see this series but not sensitive ones. it depends on your kid and what they can handle but I think 12 is the youngest you can go for this series. on the other hand the movie was very well done but there were jump scares and some scary parts such as the monster killing the people they show the dead bodies ripped open and the monster was kind of creepy for young kids.
7 people found this helpful.
Whole family loved it. 11 year old was a little scared after seeing the monster but I told her how hard someone worked in the cgi department to make the monster look scary but not too scary and all was well. The ending was so sweet; we are looking forward to season 2.
6 people found this helpful.

Story line is ruined by the unnecessary use of curse words.

6 people found this helpful.

4 people found this helpful.

An awesome show with a bit of violence

There's basically no gore. The death scenes from monsters are shot so you can't see someone being killed. There is screaming and squishy sounds and splatters of blood, though. One person is stabbed with a sword and dies, but it's not graphic. One person is stabbed with a knife in the stomach, but survives. Nothing sexier than a kiss in here. No nudity. Not much bad language. No drinking at all. I don't think anyone smokes either. There is a scary monster that you see a few times and a couple of the teenagers do get killed. If you're not sure, search for Wednesday death scenes on YouTube and you'll see representative examples. The show itself is *excellent* and I would show it to even my 7 year old if not for the death scenes. Wednesday is strong and smart, but also troubled and alone. The acting is great, the story is good, and I stayed up late several nights watching "just one more episode".

3 people found this helpful.

11 year old frightened by gore and intense scenes

My very mature 11 (almost 12) year old had been desperate to watch Wednesday after her friends talking about it. She regularly watches 12’s with action and violence (talking avengers style here) and we thought nothing of it and didn’t feel the need to pre-watch. As we were watching it together, my husband and I were exchanging knowing glances at each other regularly - we could tell it was not to our daughters taste though as she’s getting older, wanted to wait on her saying so and not micromanage given the age rating of 12 + Sure enough, a few hours after the first episode she came to me and said it had upset her, frightened her and some of the scenes in it, such as strewn body parts, the man with the broken neck in the car had all been too much for her. Whilst I can understand the shows appeal, and appreciate that for some 11 or 12 year olds it would be absolutely fine, if they have been shielded from gore and such like then this may be too intense.

2 people found this helpful.

Worth a lot more than three stars

I think Wednesday has received some unfair criticism on commonsense, and I would like to say that this show is definitely worth watching for almost anyone old enough to understand it (and handle the violence). Wednesday has incredible acting, a gripping plot, and I think it shows us how some familiar, well-worn tropes can be satisfying and very worth watching when cast in an intriguing new light. Wednesday will speak to all kinds of kids and teens, and it is nice to see a lot of old themes recast into a relatable, twenty-first century setting. While there are a couple parts that were less than ideal, primarily the confusing and illogical situation with one of Wednesday's ancestors, Wednesday is definitely a show worth watching for everyone. Who won't cringe too much at certain ridiculous macabre references. (Disclosure: This review was written by the account holder's 14 yr old son)

just fine...

i watched this with the family and i think its okay. nothing AMAZING, but the younger your kids are, the more entertaining the show is. my 17-year-old thought is was good, my 11-year-old LOVED it whereas my 7-year-old was too young to understand it. the characters are likeable and good role models. i would recommend, but it's not top tier.

2 people found this helpful.

Decent story appropriate for school aged children.

Wednesday does have some scary/creepy moments. If your child is fairly okay with creepy creatures, then this should be okay for your child. There is mild language and obviously dark humor.