All parent member reviews for Wife Swap

Adult Written bycarolyn_gazeley April 9, 2008

Worth watching together

We watch this show with our 14- and 17- year old kids. They are very interested to see how other people live, and how other parents raise their children. The "bad behavior" is evident and our kids get to see people deal with challenges to their lifestyles, parenting choices, and sometimes selfish obsessions. They have learned a lot about what makes families healthy (or unhealthy) and have a better appreciation for the rules we have and the sane way we live as a result. This show is better than a human behavior class.
Adult Written bymoviemadness September 7, 2010

Don't Waste your Time

Wife Swap is a funny, slightly trashy guilty pleasure. There is not a lot of great stuff in these shows, except for the rare one or two episodes where the families really learn something from each other. Most often, though, the swap dissolves into a shouting, drama-filled, tense mess. There is yelling, swearing, trashy and immature behaviour in most episodes (that's where the money is made, of course). It is, however, interesting to see people from different backgrounds live together and teach each other about their views and habits.
Adult Written byUltimateMom April 9, 2008

10 and up, not 5 and up... parents read--

Okay, this is not appropiate for 5 yearolds! Eight and up! But if you let your child see this, and he/she is under 8, dont worry, they most likely dont know the word "bi-ch", so you dont have to worry. People have sexual relationships in this show. Language: "bitch" "ass" "crap" "damn" and many others. Violence- people hit and throw things. Social behavior is bad. It teaches kids under eight to get angry with their perents. Now cut the content talk. This show is also good, because this helps perents learn about their kids and how to help them. I suggest this show to anyone over eight. My son is 10 and we both love watching it together because it is funny and a great show. There are no brand names shown. And this is one of my favorite reality shows I ever watch with my son. Kids his age should understand and have the thought to respect their parents for what they're like. That is what the message is (to me). The ending part, the part where the parents talk and fight is the neat part, because that is when something comes out of it, new parenting styles are learned. This show is great and informational to parents. Remember: Eight and up...
Adult Written byMomofone April 9, 2008

I like this show, but don't allow my son to watch because first of all it doesn't hold his interest (he's 8) and second of all the show often shows language and behaviors I don't want him to model. If you do let your children I would suggest watching it together and talking about the things that you find acceptable and unacceptable with your kids.