All parent member reviews for Wild Kratts

Parent Written byjwild May 22, 2011

Fantastic show!

My sons LOVE THIS SHOW. They learn facts about animals and quote the facts all week long. It's the first thing they want to get up to watch in the morning. Both boys love the animation adventure as well as the live segments where the Kratt brothers teach the kids about the animals
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byRizo January 7, 2011

We love it

My kids can't have enough of this show and I love what they have learned about animals.
Parent Written bymy thoughts November 21, 2011

Always asks if it's on yet

This is my 3.5 year old's favorite show! It is probably a little old for her (it was her first introduction to a villian character), but I have not found that to be an issue. She constantly sings and dances to the theme song. One downside: this is the only show that she notices the closing line to go to their website (that form of advertising works) but it always ends up frustrating her because the games are not for her skill level.
Parent Written byEllieC April 2, 2012

Join the Creature Trail!

This has been my son's favorite show since it came out when he was about 4 and is also a favorite of several of his classmates. I am more than happy to let him watch, because it has great educational value while being entertaining at the same time. My son is always rattling off animal facts he learned from the show and coming up with new ideas after watching. We often talk about "What would Chris & Martin do" when it comes to respecting our environment and animals. It is one of the best shows on tv for 4-8 yr olds, in my opinion.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFrisk January 6, 2011

Glad to see the Kratts back. This show is different from the one they had years ago. We love it just as much if not more! It is very educational and very amusing.
Adult Written byLaura360 January 6, 2011

We absolutely LOVE this show. My daughter (age 6) has watched and re-watched the first episodes this week and told me this morning "this is a great learning show." In addition to the fun Kratts brothers (the live interstitials are great), she likes the female character, Aviva.
Adult Written bywildninja64 July 2, 2015

One Of The Best PBS Shows Ever Made

Please don't get me started, Wild Kratts is the best show ever, but the theme song stinks. It's for anyone of any age and gender who wanted to learn so many cool creatures in many countries and regions. It has adventure comedy to make the show so entertaining to keep the viewers addicted. Creature Power Suits are awesome superpowers that make the Kratt Brothers have abilities of any types of animals selected. The villain parts are awesome and epic to see some cool action, but it's involved with some fights, but it is suitable and no worries. This is definitely #1 in my household!
Educator and Parent Written bybmhiltz May 31, 2015
Parent of a 5 year old Written byashalthoff January 11, 2015

Adult Written byLPSFan1994 April 11, 2014

Kratt Brothers take over where Steve Irwin left off!

I have watched the Kratt brothers since they were on Zaboomafoo and have always loved it! I am 19 now, an animal freak and a huge fan of Zaboomafoo and the Kratt brothers. Since this show started I have even found myself repeating stuff they have done like the sounds of animals like the chickadee. Which sounds like chickadee dee dee dee dee!
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written byboltzca00 February 21, 2014

Wild Boys ages 5 & 6 love this show!

My boys are outdoor kids. We live on a farm and see wildlife all the time as well as the animals we raise. This show has taught my boys so much about animals around the world. I am surprised so often at the knowledge my sons have about animals they have never seen. This show motivates them to get out of bed and ready for school even! Great plus for mom but we enjoy this show as a family too.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written bymamacitaof3 September 27, 2013

Adventurous and Educational

My 3-1/2 year old LOVES Wild Kratts. It teaches about exotic animals with a sense of adventure. I like it, too!
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bypinkiecat May 31, 2013

The Kratt brothers ROCK!

My daughters (age 5 and 8) LOVE this show and the Kratt brothers! They have learned so much information about animals and their habitats and often surprise us with advanced information in our family discussions at dinner time. The animated portion of the show helps keep their attention and adds an added dimension to the learning while the live-action portions introduce them to the actual animals in their native habitats. My youngest announced yesterday that she wants to be a zoologist when she grows up!
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bymiksu March 31, 2013

Great for siblings

Extremely positive show for all children interested in animal behavior. Human villians can be infrequently scary or excessively creepy. It will only scare the more sensative types who should wait until slightly older (7/8) to watch. Otherwise it works for multiple ages from 4/5 y.o. - 9/10 y.o.
Parent Written byDavidByrne February 24, 2013

One of the Best

I can't think of anything bad to say about this at all. There are some moments where predators chase their prey, but that is just part of nature. Younger children may find that part scary, so know what your kids are comfortable with. My kids have learned tons of biology trivia from the show and it certainly promotes an interest in science. Like most shows on PBS (unlike some other networks) it is very pro-intellectual.
Parent of an infant, 3, 5, and 5 year old Written byFowlerFan May 5, 2012

Great Educational Value

This is one of the few non-animated shows that my kids (3 and 5) like to watch. Very educational without being boring. They really enjoy it.
Parent Written byMuttly13 March 23, 2012

Fine for everyone

Good show along the lines of an older Diego. I even enjoy watching as a parent when its an interesting animal they are spotlighting. No rough language or situations. Occasionally they show some mild non-human violence with the animals or robots.
Parent Written byGarrigus August 17, 2011

CHEERS KRATTS BROTHERS!

My two sons are in love with this show, and so am I. In a time of superheros and violent content in most programming, this show is exciting, educational and still appeals to my kids' love of "power suits" and costumes. If I let them, my boys (4 and 6) would watch this show all day. Cheers to the Kratts Brothers and the other creators on developing a new classic kids show!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byasb5 August 5, 2011

Wild Kratts are a hit with my 9-year-old

My 9-year-old just discovered this show and absolutely loves it! I find it educational, interesting, and fun. From the episodes I've seen, the brothers (Chris and Martin) start and end the show in real-life filming. The middle of the show switches to cartoons of the brothers, who go on some wild adventure related to the animal of the day. This adventure always involves a wacky suit with super animal powers specific to the animal of the day. While the brothers are the ones in the field with the animals, in the cartoon segment there are two engineer girls who are making the super suits and coming to the rescue occasionally. There's usually a mild villain who tries to capture an endangered animal to eat, or somehow fashion animals into accessories. That sounds a lot more disturbing than it's presented in the show. For instance, in the lizard show, the villainess zapped the lizards with a sort of freeze ray, which would position them as a belt or handbag decoration or some sort of thing like that. When the freeze ray was released, the lizards all skittered away unharmed.
Parent of a 3 and 4 year old Written bylaribrook April 26, 2011

Great nature/animal show for science lovers!

This show is probably geared for young elementary school aged kids, but my preschool boys LOVE science, and since this show is about brothers, they really like this show. I highly recommend it for any kids interested in nature, science, animals, or adventure.