All parent member reviews for W.I.T.C.H.

Adult Written byMr. Lovewell May 12, 2011

A rare gem in Children's Programming.

This is actually a good show, despite it's young girl image. The team is varied in powers and stereotype, (Irma's the jokester, and Will is the girl wanting to be accepted by her friends.) and the jokes scattered throughout the series freshen the repetitive formula of Wake up/Go to School/Save the World. I liked it when I first saw it, as it pushed the bar that had been set before it by other shows, like Power Rangers and such. The girls have weaknessess and issues, such as crushes, rejection, and peer pressure. This had not been done by any other superhero show before it, and that is what I think makes this show a must see for any teen looking for action and a little dash of realisim.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Uggh.

I watched a few episodes with my little sister and what i've seen was horrible! The girls are annoying and the animation is terrible.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

Book Series/Comic Series fine for Kids!

This is geared mainly towards the girl audience. Aged around 12 and up. I started reading it when I was about the same age. I've only seen one episode. But based on the comic series which I have read HEAPS of. It's mild and very tame. There are fight scenes, but no gore and very mild compared to what is in fantasy films. I'm not sure what the T.V show is like. You may want to get your kids started on the book series/comic series first and see if they like it. It has scenes on arguing with parents, crushes and even heartbreak. I reckon girls will find it very enjoyable. They aren't witches by the way
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 4, 2012

witch

Families can talk about the importance of working as a team. Which real-life activities at school help promote teamwork? They can also address the show's stereotypes. When the girls tease Cornelia for being a "dumb blonde," are they taking it too far? How would you react to such teasing? Another topic of discussion could be how to use power responsibly. What would you do if you were given a special power? How would you use it for good? Finally, families can talk about how to handle a crush. What's a good way to let someone know you like them? If you don't really like someone who has a crush on you, how can you be honest without hurting their feelings?