All teen and kid member reviews for Wolverine and the X-Men

Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2011

Wolverine and the X-Men

This show is awesome!!! I love The X-Men movies, comics, games, TV shows and especially this show! WOW! Its so darn good! I have it on DVD and I watch it all the time but I never get bored because its Awesome! I love it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byobiwan3301 August 13, 2015

Watch this show bub

I really like this show, it has a good story and plot and characters you care for. The only bad content is Emma frost's over the top revealing costume. This show should still be going.
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2009
awesome show ok it has a little violence that might upset little kids but nothing so bad that young ones cant watch it
Adult Written bychocolatebat September 21, 2016

Cartoon that delves into the full complexity of the X-Men mythos

It's a shame this show was cancelled after one season. Even so, it is definitely worth viewing, particularly if this is your first experience with the X-Men. The storyline highlights crucial themes of the X-Men universe, prejudice and discrimination. The show fully utilizes the metaphors for racism, homophobia, and general prejudice against those who are considered the "other" found in the discrimination against mutants. On top of that, it does great justice to so many well-known X-Men characters, Wolverine, of course, but also Nightcrawler, Emma Frost, Magneto, the Scarlet Witch, and Professor Xavier. I would have been nice to see a bit more diversity in the body types of female characters (the men are well-done in this area), but at least the female characters are well fleshed out.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFathomT August 7, 2016

How was this cancelled!?

This is easily my favorite X-Men related tv series (I don't count Astonishing X-Men, but also check that out), but this is a very loose adaption. The big plot hook, Xavier in the future communicating with the X-Men, warning them of the dystopian future to come, has never been in the comic book and other plots adapted are picked and chosen from many runs over several alternate universes (and are still loose adaptions) but this series has the voice of almost every character, in both writing and acting. Wolverine in this, while toned down, is believably wolverine. While he is more responsible than usual, he still runs off to do his own things and leaves a villain in a torture machine. While rouge antihero was odd for Cyclops (at this point: he that's essentially what he's been in the comic did the past three years), it really works, especially after his origin episode. They NAILED Emma Frost (I hear Kari Whalgren, Emma's voice actress, saying her lines when I read the comic books) and had her and Scott develop their relationship in a less messed up way than the comics. Polaris, one of the worst written characters in the comics, is interesting in both her present and future forms (minor spoiler: they are different). I am a little angry that Psylocke, one of the most powerful telepaths in the marvel universes, is referee to as an "amateur telepath", but everyone else (except Storm, who is always adapted badly) is great. It is a major shame that this was cancelled before they adapted the "age of apocalypse" universe (and after just one season!). This show is mostly fine for kids, with a few points to discuss and some violence. The messages of teamwork, diversity, and the series's spotlight on the mutant metaphor send good messages to kids and warn them away from bigotry. All of the characters truly believe in what they're doing, including villains, and while this greyness adds interest for adults, parents should talk to kids about how that is how real life works. There is light comic book violence and a desert dystopian future, but nothing is too scary. Emma Frost, as always, wears crazy revealing clothing, and though this fits her complex character, this may be too much for young girls. This is an excellent show for the whole family, with a little caution.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2013

Emma Frost is really awesome.

This series is awesome, even though my 12 year old judgement (with a whole life full of superheroes since i was old enough to understand Justice League, and has since then memorized them) may not be understood. I L O V E Jean gray, Emma Frost, and Scott!!!! :) This show is awesome, and if you like this show than you should try X-men Evolution.
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2012

Good

This show is an ok marvel wolverine one, the vilonce is mild and not too much drama, this is meant for kids and not much drama since i'm a kid. . Commonsense missed something this show has low level swearing like dam hell and shut up and occasionally cr** and i****. This is ok to show to ulittle pepole
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 24, 2012

Agreed,it's so much fun!

This is an action packed show to watch! It's a crap load of fun! LOVE IT!
Teen, 16 years old Written byVictorioun September 20, 2011

Amazing show based on such an awesome superhero team!

I used to be a huge fan of this show when this was on. Never missed 1 episode. I never even knew it was canceled. That's sad :( . The X-Men was my all time favorite superhero team. It has good role models of course because they fight evil, superheroes are really good role models, even the X-Men. I hope they will make another amazing cartoon like this again sometime.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypen7777 January 10, 2010

Awsome

I never miss an episode! In my opinion its one of the best shows ever!
Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2009

the best Xmen show

great xmen show
Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2009

the best x-men show

i'e wached every ( or alomost) every episode i loved them all a bit of villence such as super power fights gun fire the x-men fight mutants, mrd, and robots no one is ever killed
Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2009

Great show.

Truly entertaining, plus it teaches kids about the horror of racism.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 6, 2009

Okay animation.

In my opinion, although not as good as X-men Evolution, it IS better than the iriginal. Plus, Emma appears.