Parent reviews for Word Party

Word Party Poster Image

Someone has to say it: For whatever educational value this show has, it is absolutely insufferable. Awful design, animation, and voice acting makes it a pain to watch, with the characters come off more as robotic (psychotic at times!) than cute and welcoming (how is this associated with Jim Henson?!). As far as “education” goes, the weird animals get into weird altercations that are resolved with weird conflict resolution. It’s like being trapped in bright white limbo with temperamental robots.

Bad examples for kids

I don’t have a problem with some of the characters on the show. I love kip because of his energy & Bailey because he’s the peaceful one of the group. However I do believe that the show sometimes teaches kids bad examples on how to deal with things. There’s one episode in season 4 where lulu didn’t want to share her “raffie” toy with tilli (the new baby turtle) because it was her “special toy” but when tilli ran off sad because she had nothing to play with, the what’s it toy bough her a kite to play with. Of course lulu then ran over and wanted to play with tilli’s kite and tilli said no the kite is hers. Then the Show was set up to where the other babies explained to tilli that she should share her kite with everyone because they are all friends. I feel like it isn’t right to teach children if someone doesn’t want to share with you you still have to share with them, that is a complete NO! Why make tilli share with lulu but they didn’t make lulu share with tilli. And another bad example they set for kids is when they always have the “big kids” respond “yes” when the babies sing their “please please please” song. Children need to know that everything isn’t going to end in “yes” they need to add a no in there a few times. Especially when they ask can we please play one more time before bed.

Annoying

Word Party is a great show to teach kids words and feelings. However, the characters themselves are not realistically developed for "babies" their age. Franny, the cheetah seems to be the only one with common sense as well as the one who REALISTICALLY acts like a baby/child. Lulu, the panda, is uncharacteristically dumb and picks and chooses when she knows words and doesn't. It doesn't make sense. She's smart enough to know words that as the "baby" of the group that they're claiming her to be, but doesn't know simple words like "apple."

Teaches bad habits

The panda is always causing trouble, and it doesn't seem like she gets any real consequences. The elephant creeps me out, he sounds like a 30 year old man and gives off serial killer vibes. The only character that doesn't bug me is a cheetah. Why are the animals unsupervised? The voices are very annoying and the animals are always eating junk food. We have since switched to better shows.

Baby talk

While they teach important vocabulary in each episode.... I find it unnecessary to use baby talk. Yes, I get that these ARE babies and they're talking to the "big kids". But the voices are just too ridiculous to get past.

Annoying AF

I just want this little animal babies to calm down! The screen flashes too quickly, and the baby animals are so hyper. This isn't really how I want my kid to act. There's no violence or bullying or anything so that's good.

Don’t Let Your Kids Watch This

Parents You will get annoyed by letting Your Kids watch this.

Baby talk

I can't handle the baby talk and incessant synchronized giggling and cheers. Obviously kids' shows are supposed to be age-appropriate, but I have to watch them too, and I really can't do this one.

Slightly disappointed

I had great hopes for this show. I have been looking for something educational for my son but I was greatly disappointed that the characters on this show use such bad sentence structure. I understand that the characters are babies but it should not be billed as a learning shown if it is going to be teaching kids these bad speech habits.