Parent reviews for WordWorld

WordWorld Poster Image

Ugly animation and why doesn't Dog talk like the others?

The animation is really really bad. I have a few PBS "mixed series" DVD's that include this show in it's line up since our local PBS doesn't air this so I haven't seen many episodes but I totally understand why this isn't shown on my local station. The animation is very lackluster. Some of the character models are bad. Most of the animals like sheep, frog, and duck are capable of speech and yet dog just barks. Though dog just barking might be for the best because the voice acting is absolutely wretched to the point that it is probably worse than the animation which is bad enough. My toddler screams and cries when this comes on the DVD so I have to fast forward to Caillou because Caillou at least bored her to sleep.
2 people found this helpful.

Please avoid

This show is terrible. It teaches nothing and its very boring even for small children, not to mention the stupidity of the characters always losing the letters. Even the first episode was about them chasing O. This show is not good for kids. Show them 90s Raggs instead.

Well...

I think it’s a good show to help young children learn to read, but if you think about it, why is the world not just a giant word that say WORLD and also the theme song shows them digging up one of the animals from the ground, which means that they buried it alive? I think it’s good for young children as long as they don’t over think it

Awful

It is a poorly made show & gets really annoying, but it's educational & entertaining for my brother with autism, who is 18.

Terrible, even creepy

I do not like this show made for educating (destroying) the young minds. The message in this show is that you can make words out of thin air, letters can pop out of thin air, and that we are made up with words. That is not reality. In reality, you have to write words to see them, we are not made up with words, etc. This show will make your kids fail in school (I was a straight A student in my Elementary School years, *sigh*, good times, i'd give anything to be 8 again), and loose contact with reality. Not an educational show for children, and torture for teens and adults. Thankfully, parents have complained, and show has been axed by PBS Kids. Thank goodness this show dosen't come on anymore, so kids don't come across it and become braindead. Thank you to all the RESPONSIBLE parents out there.

4-5 will probably.........

4-5 year olds will luv this show but probably no younger than that. PS: this show is lame!!!!!!!!!!!

Teaches phonetic reading

This show has helped my preschooler learn to read. This is the show he most often picks and after a month of it in heavy rotation he has started reading. I do not understand the other horrible reviews. Perhaps if a child is too young (Ie not on the cusp of reading it wouldn’t be very useful).
For 2-5 year olds. Join the word friends as they imbark on crazy adevntures and solve problems using spelling and word choice. Everything in this world is bit with letters, so that kids can see what each world is spelled as. It's a great show for kids, looking for some fun spelling adventures. Check out their website @ http://pbskids.org/wordworld/index_flash.html?seenIntro=yes

Almost perfect

This has inspired my 3-yr old to 'build a word'. I give credit to this show for his enthusiasm for playing with letters and attempting to create words. So huge kudos for that! Why don't I give 5 stars though? Because of the strong 'accents' of so many of the characters. For a show that needs clear enunciation of sounds for a child to clearly hear and learn how the sounds match letters, the fact that the animals are voiced with such nasal or slurred voices really bother me. Also, a heads up that if you purchase seasons of this show on Amazon, you can get a few duplicate shows.