All parent member reviews for DIY

Parent of an infant year old Written byClassicEducationMama June 14, 2013

Best site for kids I've seen yet!

This is just an incredible site! Kids work on hands on projects to earn merit badges. In my community, kids ages 7-17 all enjoy working on individual projects through this very safe and secure site. Parents can log on and follow all of their child's activity on DIY. The merit badges are super unique and full of fun challenges varying from an Astronomer Badge (Make a Sundial or Build a Model Solar System) to a Medic Badge (Assemble a First-Aid Kit or Make a Stethoscope) to a Puppeteer Badge (Perform a Shadow Puppet Show or Make a Movie with Your Puppets)! New badges and challenges are developed all the time. I say 7 and up because I feel there is nothing inappropriate for that age group on the site. Parent involvement would probably be helpful for some of the challenges depending on the age of the child. (WEAPON ALERT: For parents concerned about violence there are a few badges that do include building various tools including a bow and arrow for the Pioneer Badge and building an air cannon (to shoot marshmallows) for the Rocketeer Badge.) These projects can be easily avoided if they are of any concern.